Live from Navigator - 12/9/2016 - Ship Goes A.B.C...Drink Count Goes 1.2.3...

Thank you for posting about Woodwind. I am signed up for the excursion in April for the afternoon group and due to never taking a tour outside of the ships I was super nervous about the 1-4 time frame. You know since the ship leaves at 5. Your post made me feel whole lot more confident since they were running late and still got you back with time to spare.

Oh I can't wait to see a sea turtle!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on the Navigator in February. Does the ship have the "freestyle coke machines" ? Normally one or two in the Windjammer and one or two deck 5 by Sorrentos. Thanks for a reply.

There are no Freestyle Coke machines on the Navigator.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

Enjoyed your review! We will be sailing the same itinerary on the Navigator next month.

I asked this question before but I didn't see an answer so I will try again.

Last September we sailed on the Freedom out of Port Canaveral. After receiving our sea passes and just before boarding the ship, there was a kiosk in the terminal selling bottled water, soda and lanyards at lower prices than on board. Did you see something similar as you boarded the Navigator?

Enjoyed your review! We will be sailing the same itinerary on the Navigator next month.

I asked this question before but I didn't see an answer so I will try again.

Last September we sailed on the Freedom out of Port Canaveral. After receiving our sea passes and just before boarding the ship, there was a kiosk in the terminal selling bottled water, soda and lanyards at lower prices than on board. Did you see something similar as you boarded the Navigator?

Lanyards are sold in Terminal G. However, no water or soda is sold.

There are no Freestyle Coke machines on the Navigator.

Dan.

Seriously?! That's ridiculous. I may just have to throw a temper tantrum in the middle of the RP, Dan. Make sure you have your camera ready ;):D I got pretty spoiled on Freedom.

Edited by Teeara

Thanks for the entertaining review. Can you tell me if they still allow cigar smoking in The Connessioeur Club? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes -- Deck 5 before Star Lounge. We stopped in there with friends and got to chat with the comedian performing that evening...Angelo.

I have a question RE your Christmas Suit. I found that is was available on Amazon Canada. However many of the reviewers were complaining that it was sized considerably smaller than what they ordered. But when I read deeper on the reviews, it seem many were confusing Pant Size with Jacket size. One said that they wear a size 36 waist and ordered the 38 thinking it would be slightly large but ended up being way too small. So If I wear a 42S or 42R suit jacket, do you think it will be sized right if I order a 42? Did you have to have it altered? I know it is sort of off topic, but you're the only contact I have that might know.

Just thought I would offer you a second opinion on the sizing of the suit in addition to Rick's previous reply to you since I own the same suit already as well.

I found the suit to fit a little odd, but it more or less fit my body type perfectly. I usually wear a size 44R jacket. I purchased the size 42 suit. I tried the 44 jacket (I actually bought it at The Bay and was able to try it on in the store - you may want to head to the Bay and try one on for size since I notice you also live in Canada) and it was fine, maybe a little large. I found the 42 quite comfortable. (the box says a 42 suit will fit a chest measurement of 44.5 inches or less, a 40 would fit a 43 inches or less).

As for the pants the size 42 comes with, I usually take a 33 inch waist. The pants in the size 42 suit fit at the waist perfectly for me (can be worn nicely even without a belt even though the box says a 42 will fit anyone under 36" waist - I think if you are 34" in the waist, the 42 suit will fit too snug in the waist).

As for the inseam, my legs are very short and I have a 30" inseam. The inseam on the pants is 34", so I need to get it hemmed up).

Hope this info helps you. Best advice is see if you can find one in your local Bay store to try it on and if they do not have you size, order it online and you will have a good idea of what size to order after trying a couple on in the store.

On a side note...everyone loves it when they see you in this suit. I kept getting the comments how it looked like a suit Don Cherry would wear on Hockey Night in Canada. Lo and behold, the last two weeks Don Cherry has worn the same jacket Rick and I own on the show. Guess Rick and I are just trend-setters.

Thank you for the great review! Quick question. Did you notice if there were recumbent bikes in the fitness center?

Thank you!

Sorry, I meant to respond to you while on board. Yes, there are three of them, but without televisions, if that matters. The regular stationary bikes have TV screens.

Thanks for the entertaining review. Can you tell me if they still allow cigar smoking in The Connessioeur Club? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am not sure if you are doing the ABC itinerary, but if so, you should check out Kanela Cigar Lounge in Curaçao. It is just outside the port area (you can see Navigator in background of the picture below) and is a great spot to relax and light one up at the end of the day as the ship does not sail until 7 PM.

a21657e1a83b5c9144dd2e6b440658d9.jpg

Just thought I would offer you a second opinion on the sizing of the suit in addition to Rick's previous reply to you since I own the same suit already as well.

I found the suit to fit a little odd, but it more or less fit my body type perfectly. I usually wear a size 44R jacket. I purchased the size 42 suit. I tried the 44 jacket (I actually bought it at The Bay and was able to try it on in the store - you may want to head to the Bay and try one on for size since I notice you also live in Canada) and it was fine, maybe a little large. I found the 42 quite comfortable. (the box says a 42 suit will fit a chest measurement of 44.5 inches or less, a 40 would fit a 43 inches or less).

As for the pants the size 42 comes with, I usually take a 33 inch waist. The pants in the size 42 suit fit at the waist perfectly for me (can be worn nicely even without a belt even though the box says a 42 will fit anyone under 36" waist - I think if you are 34" in the waist, the 42 suit will fit too snug in the waist).

As for the inseam, my legs are very short and I have a 30" inseam. The inseam on the pants is 34", so I need to get it hemmed up).

Hope this info helps you. Best advice is see if you can find one in your local Bay store to try it on and if they do not have you size, order it online and you will have a good idea of what size to order after trying a couple on in the store.

On a side note...everyone loves it when they see you in this suit. I kept getting the comments how it looked like a suit Don Cherry would wear on Hockey Night in Canada. Lo and behold, the last two weeks Don Cherry has worn the same jacket Rick and I own on the show. Guess Rick and I are just trend-setters.

Thank you very much. Glad to hear they have it at the bay, but sadly the one we had in Moncton closed down a few years ago. If we end up in Halifax during the christmas break I'll check it out. I do wear a 34 trowser so looks like the 44 might be my best bet. If I end up ordering Online I'll have to chance it but I might wait til I can make it to the Bay.

dp

Rick, I was on the cruise. I had a great time as well. We were on Deck 9 as well. We experienced the Inside with Virtual balcony for the first time. My husband as a sleep-deprived person loves Interior rooms.

Thanks to those who gave me some snorkeling recommendations. We snorkeled on every island of this ABC cruise and every one was remarkable.

I could not find carrot cake (a favorite of mine) at any lunch or dinner. Cheese cake I could get constantly.

I did survive, however.

:)

Random question, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Sabor guacamole is available in the Schooner Bar sometimes. Is it possible for you to confirm that this is true? And if it is, if you could find out the cost that would be great!

Sent from Tapatalk

I can tell you that Sabor is located adjacent to the Schooner Bar. There was a couple of times I went to Sabor just to order one of their great Margaritias.... to go! Carried it to the Schooner Bar. I'm sure you could do the same for the Guac, but at a price of course.

Thank you very much. Glad to hear they have it at the bay, but sadly the one we had in Moncton closed down a few years ago. If we end up in Halifax during the christmas break I'll check it out. I do wear a 34 trowser so looks like the 44 might be my best bet. If I end up ordering Online I'll have to chance it but I might wait til I can make it to the Bay.

dp

You could always order it from the Bay online and then return it to Halifax (or by mail) if it does not fit properly.

I saw them in Winners today for $79.99 Canadian, but they only had one style (not my favourite one) - the blue one with snowflakes.

You could always order it from the Bay online and then return it to Halifax (or by mail) if it does not fit properly.

I saw them in Winners today for $79.99 Canadian, but they only had one style (not my favourite one) - the blue one with snowflakes.

I was thinking the same thing by ordering at the bay, but we do have a Winners here so I'll check that out for sure.

Thanks a bundle and Merry Christmas!

dp