Breakaway pre cruise hotel

Livabeth

We are a family of four sailing on the breakaway at the end of May next year. We are looking for a clean, nice hotel that is easy access to the port and Manhattan so we can see the sights. We are unsure if we are driving or flying into the area. Where has everyone else stayed pre cruise when sailing on the Breakaway?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want something a little more modern, hip, and fun, check out Yotel, which is only a few blocks from the port and has a great vibe.

We stay there when we go in for the weekend and love it. Might not be your scene if you are into a more traditional run of the mill hotel, but if you want something you wont find in every other town in the country, Yotel is my top pick.

We are staying at the Skyline Hotel in Manhattan in March 2017. We got a room for family of four, for $199. The hotel is supposed to be two avenues from cruise-port and also within walking distance of times square.

We are staying at the Skyline Hotel in Manhattan in March 2017. We got a room for family of four, for $199. The hotel is supposed to be two avenues from cruise-port and also within walking distance of times square.

We also stayed here and thought it was absolutely great! Four of us in one room - really large rooms for NY, I hear, for us as Canadians we considered it a "normal" sized room.

We are a family of four sailing on the breakaway at the end of May next year. We are looking for a clean, nice hotel that is easy access to the port and Manhattan so we can see the sights. We are unsure if we are driving or flying into the area. Where has everyone else stayed pre cruise when sailing on the Breakaway?

We are a family of four sailing out on the 21st! Any chance that is your cruise? We will be driving in. DH has found a couple of ideas. Although I don't remember which they were. We are hoping for a stay and park since the garage in NY is so expensive. There was one hotel where he mentioned they had a limo that would take you to the port. I thought the kids might really enjoy that. We really should be narrowing down our choices.

If you want something a little more modern, hip, and fun, check out Yotel, which is only a few blocks from the port and has a great vibe.

We stay there when we go in for the weekend and love it. Might not be your scene if you are into a more traditional run of the mill hotel, but if you want something you wont find in every other town in the country, Yotel is my top pick.

We are actually booked there!! ( our TA suggested it!!) HOw is it, what makes it different? ( besides the automated parts I saw online,,,)Are the rooms big enough,clean etc?

TIA!!!

We are actually booked there!! ( our TA suggested it!!) HOw is it, what makes it different? ( besides the automated parts I saw online,,,)Are the rooms big enough,clean etc?

TIA!!!

I don't info on the rooms, but just wanted to mention that the walk from Yotel to Pier 92/94 is a 20 minute walk at a normal pace. You many not want to walk there with luggage. It's a little under a mile, but in Manhattan mile, so that's actually quite a haul.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Long Island City. Quick easy access to Manhattan and much cheaper!

We just stayed in Long Island City when we were in NYC in October, and as soon as we got home, we booked a room there for the night before our June cruise!

It was so easy to get around, a cheap Uber ride from La Guardia, 5 minute subway to Times Square, and the rooms are half the price they are in Manhattan.

• 1 month later...

We stay at the Hilton in the Financial District. Hotels are cheaper on weekends (since the financial district turns into a ghost town on Saturday) and it is a quick ride in to the hotel, and a quick ride to the pier. Plus you can walk down 2 blocks to the ferry terminal :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a other thread about Alternative Parking, someone mentioned the Hilton Garden Inn in. Ridgefield, NJ. They have a package deal for hotel, parking, and valet to/from the terminal.