fll motels for pre cruise

icecreamman

We stayed at Lago Mar in November for 2 nights before our cruise - it was beautiful! The food and service were also excellent, the bed comfortable, and the shower great. It is right on the beach - no need to cross the road - and it is a HUGE beach, with hammocks and free chairs (rustic but they worked for us) - you can pay extra for a modern lounger and umbrella but there is NO resort fee.

20161113_155234.jpg.3803082988d0a3f06524b5e7ea5210ee.jpg

What about Hampton Airport North Cruise Port on 12th? We arriving after 10:00p.m. and then leaving in the morning on a shuttle to port of Miami. So we will be at the hotel for approx. 12 hours. Or does anyone know of a less expensive, very clean hotel?

What about Hampton Airport North Cruise Port on 12th? We arriving after 10:00p.m. and then leaving in the morning on a shuttle to port of Miami. So we will be at the hotel for approx. 12 hours. Or does anyone know of a less expensive, very clean hotel?

Stayed there many times. Never had issues with the hotel, rooms or staff. Free airport to hotel shuttle and a very good complementary breakfast. Walking distance to some restaurants and stores for last minute items like wine. We used SAS shuttle service to take us from the Hampton to the Port of Miami.

Hampton In n Airport/North is another close location. They offer a free airport to their hotel. A few restaurants and stores within walking distance.

Thank you. I figured that since we are arriving so late at night, we needed a hotel close to the airport with a free shuttle to the hotel and then shuttle back to the airport next morning to get the QLS or MJS shuttle to POM.

Stayed there many times. Never had issues with the hotel, rooms or staff. Free airport to hotel shuttle and a very good complementary breakfast. Walking distance to some restaurants and stores for last minute items like wine. We used SAS shuttle service to take us from the Hampton to the Port of Miami.

I will check SAS shuttle also..thanks so much for the info!

Thank you. I figured that since we are arriving so late at night, we needed a hotel close to the airport with a free shuttle to the hotel and then shuttle back to the airport next morning to get the QLS or MJS shuttle to POM.

Have you considered SAS shuttle. Reasonable prices and punctual.

There is no better place for a pre cruise hotel in Lauderdale than the Marriott Harbor Beach. Little pricey depending on the time of year, but well worth it if you plan on spending a whole day there. I you are getting in late the night before, just get something by the airport with a free shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We stayed at Lago Mar in November for 2 nights before our cruise - it was beautiful! The food and service were also excellent, the bed comfortable, and the shower great. It is right on the beach - no need to cross the road - and it is a HUGE beach, with hammocks and free chairs (rustic but they worked for us) - you can pay extra for a modern lounger and umbrella but there is NO resort fee.

Another vote for Lago Mar. :)

I love pools, free happy hours, and free breakfasts, so I love the Embassy Suites :). The location is pretty good too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've done the Hyatt pier 66 and the Embassy suites and for this reason would go back to the Embassy. 66 may get the edge for the pool, but the Embassy's is nice. The 66 charges $20ea for their breakfast buffet and as of 2013 didn't offer a cruise shuttle.

To the OP, when are you sailing? I learned in 2011 if your sailing during Fleet week you have to book your hotel months in advance. (Fleet week is usually around the end of April/Early May.

Edited by BillOh

Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport on 17th. Nothing spectacular but very friendly service and a clean room. It was close walking distance to Total Wine, and other shopping options (Harbor Shops), a Walgreens for last minute things was only half a block away. In the morning we took a short walk to the marina and could see LOTS already parked there.

I would use the free hotel shuttle from airport to hotel, but I would skip the shuttle from hotel to cruise terminal. It was about $10 per person and we had to wait for everyone else to be ready. A cab would be cheaper if you're at least 2 and much more practical.

We were arriving mid-afternoon and cruising the next day, so we were not looking for resort like accommodations.

dp

We regularly use Priceline to find a good but relatively indexpensive hotel in the FLL area ( frequently a cost of approx $60 a night including a complimentary breakfast). The Dania Beach area is right off 95 and there is shuttle service to the pier available. The area includes Hyatt, Springhill Suites, Quality Inn and others with similar facilities. Large mall with several good restaurants are nearby.

Have you considered SAS shuttle. Reasonable prices and punctual.

I looked into SAS and QLS. Both look good, so it's a matter of deciding. Has anyone every used QLS? The price is very comparable.

Can you cancel with either once you've reserved? We need to be picked up at POM the earliest time possible (hopefully by or before 8:00a.m.) as our flight is @noon at FLL.

I looked into SAS and QLS. Both look good, so it's a matter of deciding. Has anyone every used QLS? The price is very comparable.

Can you cancel with either once you've reserved? We need to be picked up at POM the earliest time possible (hopefully by or before 8:00a.m.) as our flight is @noon at FLL.

You may want to call them and ask. This is the phone number for SAS: 1-954-600-0240.