what are you talking about?????

My sister is sailing tomorrow on Rhapsody and got the very same email.

She posted a tweet to Royal and they responded with a "sorry you got that information, it was incorrect. Formal night is the second night of the sailing".

So, chances are you got the same thing she did and your formal night is not Saturday, but Sunday as expected.

Have a wonderful holiday cruise.

My sister is sailing tomorrow on Rhapsody and got the very same email.

She posted a tweet to Royal and they responded with a "sorry you got that information, it was incorrect. Formal night is the second night of the sailing".

So, chances are you got the same thing she did and your formal night is not Saturday, but Sunday as expected.

Have a wonderful holiday cruise.

I disagree. I think that her e mail went to some generic department that is quoting answers from a book that says " first formal night is night 2"

I still think the original e mail that was specifically addressed to them that was written by someone who knew that this was not normal for the sailing is the correct information.

In our family Christmas Eve IS a holiday. I was raised with the seven fishes...Italian, but now that the "older generation" is gone we have our own home made pasta and meatballs.

Of course this is NOT on a cruise, and I can't imagine Formal Night the very first night. We usually don't even have time to shower, let alone unpack if we were to even get our luggage.

It should be 'Ugly Sweater" night. Now that would be fun, then formal the next day...........even if all aboard is 5pm.

I really would go with Ugly Sweater. At least you'll have something to talk about and be Christmasy and look nice too. Don't forget to have a family or couple photo!!;)

LOVE your idea!

Somehow I just can't picture D+ and Pinnacles getting on board with the idea though... :p

Not a bother to us as we don't bother with formal night. We are on holiday to relax and to be casual and comfortable. We have the rest of the year to be "dressed appropriately" for work etc . Although I do love the idea of wearing a bow tie with shorts

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Codster

Formal Nights on RCCL are not nearly as formal as they once were.

You'll be fine going to formal nights in the MDR in any sort of decent looking clothes. ;)

My cruise on Anthem 2 weeks ago, I was surprised how dressed up everyone was on the 1st formal night. I hadn't seen that much sparkle in a long time. It could have been because everyone was getting pictures by the Christmas tree, but lots of gowns and sequins. The 2nd formal night wasn't as dressy.

I love it when someone just has to post that it doesn't affect them so they don't care. It doesn't affect me either. We have not done formal night or the MDR is years. But many people still love this stuff and I do feel badly for them as I would find the logistics very annoying if we still participated. Many times we don't get our luggage until after dinner. A shower before getting dressed up after a hot day would be nice. How much "stuff" can you bring in a carry on?:rolleyes:

LOVE your idea!

Somehow I just can't picture D+ and Pinnacles getting on board with the idea though... :p

The post you quoted was about ugly sweaters. I don't understand how a passenger's loyalty status makes any difference regarding this conversation.

M