Missed Embarkation

kreneec28

I would suggest you call Celebrity, first to notify them that although you missed embarkation you DO plan on joining at the next port. ( wouldn't want them to give away your cabin:eek:) They can advise you best as procedures may differ by port.

It sounds like you know you are going to miss the ship......(that is how

I am reading it)......hope you are able to make it on time:)

Actually, 2 of my sisters-in-law, one of their spouses and one of their daughters missed it yesterday on the ship leaving San Juan[emoji15] Their plan is to fly to St. Croix to meet the ship. Not even sure if they called Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, 2 of my sisters-in-law, one of their spouses and one of their daughters missed it yesterday on the ship leaving San Juan[emoji15] Their plan is to fly to St. Croix to meet the ship. Not even sure if they called Celebrity.

Ohhhh.........:eek:

Sorry to hear that. Such a costly mishap. Was it due to the weather across the country and plane cancellation/delays?

Thank you. Yes there were a lot of delayed flights yesterday which affected their arrival.

Ugh. They must have been basket cases. I know I would have been. I saw on the news all of the cancellations and delays. Hopefully they made it okay and are having a fabulous meal with a fabulous cocktail soon. :)

We missed the San Juan departure a few years back. East coast was socked in with snow. Our flight out of Ottawa was canceled, I drove to Syracuse, booking Jet Blue while driving. Snow hit there as I parked the car. Plane arrived in the storm. Within half an hour, I couldn't see the tail through the gate window from all the snow. We got out, landing at JFK around cruise departure time. We had already let X know. Got into San Juan at 2am. Stayed in the airport hotel (room size of a closet, two hours, $200), then booked a small twin prop to BVI. Incredibly beautiful flight. Parked next to Richard Branson's plane. Got a cab to the ship. There were 17 pages of people that had missed. Oh, forgot to mention our luggage was lost. I got it three ports later.

Once you miss the ship, you just have to get in the mindset that you're going to get there, no matter what.

We missed the San Juan departure a few years back. East coast was socked in with snow. Our flight out of Ottawa was canceled, I drove to Syracuse, booking Jet Blue while driving. Snow hit there as I parked the car. Plane arrived in the storm. Within half an hour, I couldn't see the tail through the gate window from all the snow. We got out, landing at JFK around cruise departure time. We had already let X know. Got into San Juan at 2am. Stayed in the airport hotel (room size of a closet, two hours, $200), then booked a small twin prop to BVI. Incredibly beautiful flight. Parked next to Richard Branson's plane. Got a cab to the ship. There were 17 pages of people that had missed. Oh, forgot to mention our luggage was lost. I got it three ports later.

Once you miss the ship, you just have to get in the mindset that you're going to get there, no matter what.

Last cruise we almost missed our embarkation...first leg of our flight the control tower kept us in the air until South American flights landed then we were cleared to land. Would have missed the connection, but made it running through the airport like OJ and begged to be let on-board (gate was closed). That part worked out, but luggage didn't. We also received one bag 3 days later and the 2nd after we got home. Not fun, but sometimes these things just 'happen'. Told DH it was going to be an adventure and something different than the usual cruise experience. Also found out how little clothing you really need.

Edited by oceangoer2

What happens if you miss boarding the ship the first day? If you fly to the first stop on the itinerary, what's the process to board? Thanks!!!

Assuming you have already advised Celebrity that you have missed the embarkation, a ship officer will meet you and process your boarding.

They took a twin too!!!!![emoji4]

Last cruise we almost missed our embarkation...first leg of our flight the control tower kept us in the air until South American flights landed then we were cleared to land. Would have missed the connection, but made it running through the airport like OJ and begged to be let on-board (gate was closed). That part worked out, but luggage didn't. We also received one bag 3 days later and the 2nd after we got home. Not fun, but sometimes these things just 'happen'. Told DH it was going to be an adventure and something different than the usual cruise experience. Also found out how little clothing you really need.

Wow!!!! What an adventure that you will NEVER forget! [emoji4]

For that itinerary, the very first day is St. Croix, so they wouldn't have missed a sea day.

For the other So. Caribbean itinerary, yes, they would've missed a sea day and had a longer flight to Barbados. That's what we'll be doing IF we don't make it in time (flying in on a redeye = have a Plan B and a Plan C ready).

The only thing that might bother me is missing a sea day (assuming that is the first day??)...otherwise, it doesn't cost that much to get between islands.

Doing a transatlantic going east, the first chance we would have had to board would have been 8 days later in Portugal. We're from northern Canada so we arrived in Ft. Lauderdale Friday night for a Sunday departure. Takes all the stress out of the pre-cruise travel.