Classic beverage versus Premium Package!!

eastsider57

Does anyone know the price difference between the Classic Beverage package and the Premium Beverage package. We have the Classic package and only one for the most part will drink wine or cocktails. Is it worth getting the premium package? Thanks for every ones input.

Does anyone know the price difference between the Classic Beverage package and the Premium Beverage package. We have the Classic package and only one for the most part will drink wine or cocktails. Is it worth getting the premium package? Thanks for every ones input.

Price difference is $11.80 per day ($10 x 1.18 for gratuities).

Drinking just one drink over the max price for the Classic package will pay for the upgrade, so that consideration plus the ease of mind for me is sufficient reason to go Premium.

You don't have to buy it the first day.

See how you go then, if you feel that you 'need' to upgrade, you can purchase the premium for the remaining days. You can just upgrade one person and not the other.

You are on holiday after all.😁

When my husband and I were on the Summit in October, the premium package also included Cafe Bacio, smoothies in the Aqua Spa Cafe, bottled juice, Red Bull, soda, and bottled water, including premium water. When we added this to our alcohol orders, we saved a lot of money.

Edited by TravelKnitter

I too thought there was no discount on the upgrade from classic to premium, but on the equinox (just returned today), I upgraded for 8 days and was charged $84.96...a 10% discount. I think they applied the elite plus 10% discount on drink package to the upgrade price.

So you may find you get a discount given if you upgrade on board and are elite plus. Actually, I think this was probably an error, but I forgot :) to ask.

Edited by ghstudio

When my husband and I were on the Summit in October, the premium package also included Cafe Bacio, smoothies in the Aqua Spa Cafe, bottled juice, Red Bull, soda, and bottled water, including premium water. When we added this to our alcohol orders, we saved a lot of money.

I thought the classic package included all those things as well? (Except the red bull)

The Classic does include Cafe al Bacio, fresh squeezed juice, soda and bottled water, just not the "premium" waters. I don't know about smoothies from AQS cafe and no Red Bull.

Classic gets you quite a few beverages. We have done a number of our cruises on X with the Classic package and never lacked for something to drink.

I haven't sailed with either. We have classic included in our booking and plan on upgrading to premium. The primary reason being that if you have classic and want a drink that costs $8.50, you have to pay $8.50 for it. They don't give you any credit for the classic package. If you have the premium and want a drink that's over the limit, you only pay the difference. That plus the fact that you can't have anything at the 'fancy drink' bars like the martini bar for the classic package amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, Whether to upgrade or not really depends upon what level of wine or liquor you enjoy.

If basics are good then Classic will be sufficient. If you have a more discerning palate then the upgrade will be better.

I had the premium package on my recent cruise. At dinner I had some really good French Chardonnay. I told the sommelier what I ordered for dinner and asked his recommendation. For dessert I ordered a raspberry sorbet and asked him to pair. The dessert wine was incredible and made the sorbet pop like it was a party in my mouth.

In the World Class Bar I was ordering an 18 year old Johnny Walker Platinum included in the premium package. Otherwise it would have been Red which I can't drink.

So if you'd enjoy the better quality...try the upgrade.

We struggled with this our first Celeb cruise last year but ended up finding lots to drink on the classic including a standard white at dinner that did the trick. We mostly drank mohitos at the back of the boat. I'm guessing they might make'em a little less strong on the classic package but that's probably a good thing if you're sitting there awhile. The thing about upgrading let's say is if you're in port you're less likely to take advantage of it. So depending on when you board the boat you sail at 4 ... so try out your basic package. Are you in port the next day or at sea. I'm in port day 2 so thinking of upgrading on an at sea day on day 3 just to try out the martini bar this time and compare the drinks on the 2 packages this time out.

Check the list out that someone posted ... I find it amusing that Dos Equis is considered a premium beer :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Had Classic package on recent Equinox cruise & were satisfied. Wines we liked: Excelsior Cab Sauvignon from South Africa, Calif Merlot, St Francis Chard, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (began with W), German Kabinet Reisling. Some others were clunkers but keep trying. Wanted to try Prosecco but didn't. YMMV

Had a variety of mixed drinks & again were satisfied.

Also like the smoothies in Aqua Spa, specialty coffees in Al Baccio, bottled H2O, etc.

Great perk.

The difference is the quality of the liquor used to make the drink. The better quality wines and the craft beers.

I am becoming an openly admitted beer snob :eek: I am finding most in this group make wine snobs look civil :D as Bud, Miller and Coors I no longer consider beer :D

It will all depend on your palet and how you like to allow its enjoyment of a libation.;)

EW

Does the Martini Bar make drinks other than martinis?

I'm thinking of upgrading, but my DH does not like/drink any martinis. If i were to upgrade, he'd be just sitting there next to me with no drink and his hands folded like a schoolboy.

Does the Martini Bar make drinks other than martinis?

I'm thinking of upgrading, but my DH does not like/drink any martinis. If i were to upgrade, he'd be just sitting there next to me with no drink and his hands folded like a schoolboy.

The Martini Bar is my husband's favorite place on the entire planet. I am not a fan, but the bartenders have always managed to improvise things I actually like. You'd be surprised.

What is the difference between premium and non-premium bottled water? Is it like Dasani versus Pellegrino?

We had the Classic package as a perk on an 11 day cruise. I alone wanted to try the Premium package so I upgraded to Premium (at Guest Services desk) for the last three days of the cruise.

It was not worth it to me, I won't upgrade again. But others will find value there. My suggestion is to try Premium package once and you decide.