Upgrade fairy/ cabin change?? Dream 1.8.17

blainesterrr

So last Tuesday I received an email that asked me to call a PVP to inquire about a cabin upgrade. Unfortunately I did not see the email until Saturday afternoon. When I called, I reached the PVP's voicemail and said he was out of the office on weekends, so I left a voicemail. After not hearing from carnival by 11am this morning I decided to give the number another try. He answered!!! But then he said I was too late, that all the opportunities for a balcony upgrade were taken, and I would be put on a list for any other openings. It must not have been meant to be.

A few hours later, he calls back with great news. I can upgrade from my interior on the 8th deck, to a balcony on deck 9 for only $250. I hopped on it immediately. So now we will be in cabin 9399 on the Dream.

My question is if anyone has had any experience with this cabin or location on the Dream? I see it is under the buffet area. Do you think we will be bothered in the mornings by noise. I've heard people complaining about chairs being dragged along the floor and whatnot?

I'm not going to cancel my cruise or anything, just curious!!73aab468638d971e9b05cb0f82d7977f.jpg

Yeah I was in a room similar and heard scraping all times of the day and night. While it wasn't completely awful I would not book under the buffet or public area again. That was just my experience, you may not have any noise. It's still a great deal. Enjoy your balcony and your cruise.

Edited by debster11

You are actually under the sitting area of the buffet and the tables closest to the windows have chairs and the tables just to the left are booths. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the buffet was not busy till around 8:00 but I would still take some ear plugs as a precaution. Enjoy the balcony!

Might hear a tiny bit of noise in the morning, but nothing crazy. Thinking you may only hear it if you were already up, shouldn't be the dread lounge chair scraping/dragging sound that some report from staying under a pool deck. $250 was a great deal to go from an interior to a balcony, enjoy!

That's a good deal. You may hear noise late when they are cleaning up but should be done by 12am and then you may hear in the morning again when they are setting up. Now they you have a balcony you can always check to see if any other balcony become available in the same or category. You can always transfer if it is available at no cost. You will not be allowed to transfer to a lower category. If you chose to go to a higher category balcony, you will have to pay the additional cost.

Do some search to see if anything opens up that's not under public spaces with the same category. Having said that, if nothing opens up you should still be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

That's a good deal. You may hear noise late when they are cleaning up but should be done by 12am and then you may hear in the morning again when they are setting up. Now they you have a balcony you can always check to see if any other balcony become available in the same or category. You can always transfer if it is available at no cost. You will not be allowed to transfer to a lower category. If you chose to go to a higher category balcony, you will have to pay the additional cost.

Do some search to see if anything opens up that's not under public spaces with the same category. Having said that, if nothing opens up you should still be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks. I may give Carnival a call now. I would really like a cove!