OH NO! Another Epic Trip Report w/pics

Oakman58

Can you only use the sun deck on 18 and 19 if you have the posh pass or can anyone use it? Thanks!

Posh only takes up a portion of deck 18. The biggest part of it is open to everyone. The forward part of deck 19 is part of Posh but there is an area for everyone on that deck too. Be careful, apparently deck 19 is clothing optional.

Loved your review and sense of humor!

Excellent review! Very entertaining and informative. Thanks :D

Thank you both very much.

It seems that no matter how many times I proofread my writing I can never find errors or poor wording until I read it a week later after it’s been posted on the forum.

Edited by Oakman58

We are leaving tomorrow for our Saturday Epic sailing!

So we all have the UBP so do you still sign for drinks and have the option to leave more of a tip?? Can you have some $1 bills and give them a cash tip??

Just wondering what is best. I know it always helps service to tip the bartenders and our group is really good about it.

So we all have the UBP so do you still sign for drinks and have the option to leave more of a tip?? Can you have some $1 bills and give them a cash tip??

No longer signing for any drink. Just hand your card. You can put a $1 or €1 over the bar if you wish, but I have always found the service is excellent anyway

We are leaving tomorrow for our Saturday Epic sailing!

Just wondering what is best. I know it always helps service to tip the bartenders and our group is really good about it.

Yes, BLACKBURNROVERS is correct. You don’t sign for the drinks anymore. We used one dollars bills to tip the servers and they really seemed to appreciate it.

Any drinks you order while the ship is still at Port Canaveral will be taxed and that will show up on your final bill.

Have a great cruise.

Yes, BLACKBURNROVERS is correct. You don’t sign for the drinks anymore. We used one dollars bills to tip the servers and they really seemed to appreciate it.

Any drinks you order while the ship is still at Port Canaveral will be taxed and that will show up on your final bill.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks all of you for the quick response. I will make sure we have some $1 for the servers!

So excited to go!!!

• 1 month later...
Thanks Oakman. GREAT Review. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

This was a great review! Reading post-sailing, and seeing that I missed some things on board. Wish you were going on our next ship before us! Such great detail :)

Thanks for the compliment, I'm happy you read my report. I'll be happy to go on your next ship before you, I will need to be subsidized though. :) I will be doing another trip report when we return from our Panama Canal cruise on the Star in December.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is by far the most entertaining and informative review I've ever read on Cruise Critic!!!! Thanks Oakman58! We're looking at doing a Christmas Cruise next year on the Epic so I've been reading up on it! This was super helpful...and as previously mentioned....entertaining!!! :)

This is by far the most entertaining and informative review I've ever read on Cruise Critic!!!! Thanks Oakman58! We're looking at doing a Christmas Cruise next year on the Epic so I've been reading up on it! This was super helpful...and as previously mentioned....entertaining!!! :)

Thank you I appreciate you comment. I just returned from a Panama Canal cruise on the Star and I'm exhausted from all the fun (drinking).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Oakman, I recently discovered your NCL Jade review and am now going through your other reviews. Thanks for sharing! I truly enjoy your humor and your reviews are great!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed it.

At the end of this cruise I swore I wouldn't do another cruise on one of the mega-ships. They were just too big for my liking. And then a cruise on the Epic came up that went to ports I've never been to and on top of that the cruise offered good perks. So what did I do? I booked a future cruise on the Epic. At least I know exactly what to expect this time.

The cruise is in 2020 so I have plenty of time to cancel if a better cruise comes up.

loved your funny report - it was so detailed and gave me a good idea of the Epic - I have a cruise booked for next month and this review was so helpful... thanks for sharing details, funny stories and pictures!!

loved your funny report - it was so detailed and gave me a good idea of the Epic - I have a cruise booked for next month and this review was so helpful... thanks for sharing details, funny stories and pictures!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. The Epic has its faults but it has good points too.