2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

Two people have posted on our roll call thread for the 1/29 Breakaway cruise that Prem is no longer on the Breakaway, and one of them says he is no longer with NCL! We had been told by several crew members when we were on the Breakaway last October that Prem would be back on 1/29, and that was confirmed in an email from Prem himself shortly after we returned home in early November. I sent an email last night to Prem's NCL dot com email address and have gotten no reply, at least not yet. (Nor did I get an email back saying the email address no longer exists.)

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it true? What happened? Who will be the HD on the 1/29 cruise?

Two people have posted on our roll call thread for the 1/29 Breakaway cruise that Prem is no longer on the Breakaway, and one of them says he is no longer with NCL! We had been told by several crew members when we were on the Breakaway last October that Prem would be back on 1/29, and that was confirmed in an email from Prem himself shortly after we returned home in early November. I sent an email last night to Prem's NCL dot com email address and have gotten no reply, at least not yet. (Nor did I get an email back saying the email address no longer exists.)

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it true? What happened? Who will be the HD on the 1/29 cruise?

I heard the same thing so not really sure if he is gone for good or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here's the info we received at our Meet and Greet:

Dawn 12/30/16

Alain Magnier, Hotel Director

Andreas Sommerfeld, F & B Director

Dan France, CD (Excellent!!!)

Osley Ollivierre, Executive Housekeeper

Ana Maria Haza, Guest Services Manager

Prejith Poovapadathil, Executive Chef

Ionela Oprisan, Restaurant Manager

Rajesh Rodreguez, Beverage Manager

Tamara de Beer, Group Service Coordinator

Leah Rodriguez, Concierge

All Correct as of our disembarking on Jan 8, except Cruise Director Dan France disembarked with us.

Here's my take on each if them:

Alain Magnier, Hotel Director: Warm, Personable & Professional. Definitely "A" Team Leadership.

Andreas Sommerfeld, F & B Director: Personal attention to detail and passenger comments.

Dan France, CD: Filled with Joie de Vivre

Osley Ollivierre, Executive Housekeeper: He's everywhere.

Ana Maria Haza, Guest Services Manager: Wow, the department runs like a fine clock.

Prejith Poovapadathil, Executive Chef: A great guy and great chef who prepared special requests with 24 hour notice.

Ionela Oprisan, Restaurant Manager: Super management skills with staff and welcoming to the guests.

Rajesh Rodreguez, Beverage Manager: We never ran out of booze.

Tamara de Beer, Group Service Coordinator: Also acts as Disability Access Officer and was superbly responsive in that capacity.

Leah Rodriguez, Concierge: Without any doubt, One of the Best.

Edited by Uniall

First met John Dsouza when he was our butler and he was fantastic! We were happy when he was promoted to concierge. He's excellent!

Thanks so much!

Cannot wait! Going to start taking out my clothes this weekend :)

Sailing February 26 :)

Can anyone post the Current Officers for the Jewel???

I need it before February 15.

Thanks,

John

The Last Complete Posting for Jewel was Nov. 21

Captain - Pelle Fredriksson

Hotel Director - Steven Jacobsen

Staff Captain - Marin Dobriba

Cruise Director - Iain Bagshaw

F&B Director - Claus Pascher

Executive Chef - Peter D'Costa

Guest Services Manager - KitKat Galope

Beverage Manager - Oxley Olivierre

Restaurant Manager - Noel Chaves

Concierge - Bruno Barbosa

There was a partial Update On Jan 9

Hotel Director: Claus Pascher- Austria

Food and Beverage: Mohammad Hasan- Indonesia

Restaurant Manager: Noel Chaves returning 5 February

Would love to know what ship Dan France CD is going to. We saw him on the Dawn and he made the whole vacation. I hope he is not leaving NCL.

A lot of staff either have just left for vacation or will be leaving in the next few weeks. he is just probably on vacation.

Would love to know what ship Dan France CD is going to. We saw him on the Dawn and he made the whole vacation. I hope he is not leaving NCL.

Dan said he was going on vacation but had not yet received a new contract and ship assignment.

Here's the info we received at our Meet and Greet:

Dawn 12/30/16

Alain Magnier, Hotel Director

Andreas Sommerfeld, F & B Director

Dan France, CD (Excellent!!!)

Osley Ollivierre, Executive Housekeeper

Ana Maria Haza, Guest Services Manager

Prejith Poovapadathil, Executive Chef

Ionela Oprisan, Restaurant Manager

Rajesh Rodreguez, Beverage Manager

Tamara de Beer, Group Service Coordinator

Leah Rodriguez, Concierge

That was Leah's last cruise as concierge on the Dawn. On the day of our disembarkation, she told me she was going over to the Epic.

Captain Lars Bengtsson is on The Getaway at the moment.

Omg please tell me he's not going on vacation in the next 3 weeks?? We are sailing in 2 weeks and were soooo hoping to get him as a captain!! He's so great I would choose a sailing based on where he is!! Thank you so much :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Omg please tell me he's not going on vacation in the next 3 weeks?? We are sailing in 2 weeks and were soooo hoping to get him as a captain!! He's so great I would choose a sailing based on where he is!! Thank you so much :)

He just boarded on the 8th of January. Vacation should be sometime the middle of March.

I agree, I booked the 29 of January knowing he would be on board. Have not sailed with hm in several years. Wonderful gentleman.

He just boarded on the 8th of January. Vacation should be sometime the middle of March.

I agree, I booked the 29 of January knowing he would be on board. Have not sailed with hm in several years. Wonderful gentleman.

We shall see you on the 29th then!! We sailed with on the gem in December 2015 and absolutely loved him. We have the most awesome picture of him with our kids, it's priceless!

According to the Concierge Desk, at least on the Feb 4th Cruise, Adrian Bica will be the Concierge.

One of the butlers (supposedly ours) will be Mansur Hasdinil.

I have never met/cruised with either, so am looking forward to meeting, and cruising with, them.

Rashida is going home 1/28/16 not sure who will be taking her place

According to the Concierge Desk, at least on the Feb 4th Cruise, Adrian Bica will be the Concierge.

One of the butlers (supposedly ours) will be Mansur Hasdinil.

I have never met/cruised with either, so am looking forward to meeting, and cruising with, them.

Adrian is awesome

Is Julie still a cruise director on NCL? I always thought she was the best one they have.

She is the Senior Cruise Director over the whole fleet. We just saw her on the Escape last month supervising Belinda to make sure she's ready to open up the Joy next month over in China. Great lady!!

She is the Senior Cruise Director over the whole fleet. We just saw her on the Escape last month supervising Belinda to make sure she's ready to open up the Joy next month over in China. Great lady!!

Julie was on The Getaway with Belinda just before Christmas. It was nice to see her again.