Crystal Block

But did you earn it on these ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I earned three Radiance crystal blocks. Got one for my 210, 420, and 700 cruise points. I have traded one of them for a ship I have been on. I still have one Radiance crystal block I would like to trade for a ship I have been on. See my earlier post (post #196).

Edited by Dennis#1

I earned three Radiance crystal blocks. Got one for my 210, 420, and 700 cruise points. I have traded one of them for a ship I have been on. I still have one Radiance crystal block I would like to trade for a ship I have been on. See my earlier post on July 7th.

I just thought the deal was to earn them on the ship. EBay has a bunch of Crystal Blocks for sale. If you don’t earn them on the cruise, what do they really mean?

So, that means your willing to accept a Crystal Block on a ship you didn’t earn it?

He/She wants a block of his favorite ship. What's the problem with that?

It's not a Purple Heart....it's a block. lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I just thought the deal was to earn them on the ship. EBay has a bunch of Crystal Blocks for sale. If you don’t earn them on the cruise, what do they really mean?

I believe Dennis is only looking for blocks of ships he has sailed. It's a nice souvenir. Not sure where you got the idea they needed to be earned.

I bet you never collected baseball cards as a kid. 😉

They mean a lot to me. The crystal block bring back fond memories of past cruises.

I believe Dennis is only looking for blocks of ships he has sailed. It's a nice souvenir. Not sure where you got the idea they needed to be earned.

I bet you never collected baseball cards as a kid. 😉

Agree with John&LaLa and Beachammo’s posts.

I would LOVE to get my hands on a Radiance block but all I have to trade is a Jewel. Will get an Anthem next Sept (missing Radiance by 1 point!!)

I also will get an EARNED crystal block on our Sept. 6, 2018 Anthem Cruise. Are you on this sailing?

Already have a Jewel crystal block. Earlier today, I agreed to trade my duplicate Radiance block for an Empress crystal block (Empress was my 5th cruise with RCI).

Edited by Dennis#1

There's no "earning" the crystal blocks. You pay for them by cruising with Royal. Just like you don't "earn" the different tier levels.

I bet you never collected baseball cards as a kid. [emoji6]

Yes I collected baseball cards but they came from chewing gum packs.

I thought Blocks were awarded for milestones that occur on that ship? Are they not earned?

There's no "earning" the crystal blocks. You pay for them by cruising with Royal. Just like you don't "earn" the different tier levels.

Oh I agree, they are more than paid for. It’s my understanding they are awarded for reaching milestones on that ship. If you get them any other way, how can they be earned?

Oh I agree, they are more than paid for. It’s my understanding they are awarded for reaching milestones on that ship. If you get them any other way, how can they be earned?

Again, no one earns them. So what if someone wants to buy or trade for one. To each their own. We prefer to wait and receive ours when we have reached the required points that are needed by purchasing and sailing with RC. BTW...I gave my brother in law one of my Royal baseball caps Royal use to give us for reaching the different tier levels. I guess he better not wear it on his first RC cruise.:rolleyes:

So why don’t you ask Royal to sell them in their gift shops? That way everyone can have one if they wish.

No need to sell them on Royal ships.....as you can go to EBay and buy the one you want.

Again, no one earns them. So what if someone wants to buy or trade for one. To each their own. We prefer to wait and receive ours when we have reached the required points that are needed by purchasing and sailing with RC. BTW...I gave my brother in law one of my Royal baseball caps Royal use to give us for reaching the different tier levels. I guess he better not wear it on his first RC cruise.:rolleyes:

Royal passed out the same hats on 2017 Presidents Cruise. So everyone got one, 1st time cruisers to P’s.

So, that means your willing to accept a Crystal Block on a ship you didn’t earn it?

Why are you being such a jerk about this?

Agree with Merion_Mom. Why do you care so much about whether the block is “earned” or a symbol of a fond memory on a RCI prior cruise.

If the blocks had our names ingraved on them with the sail dates it might be more of a milestone item. Without that it's just a paperweight.....

So why not make it profitable then for Royal. Sell them in the gift shops instead of awarding them for milestones??