Sometimes all it takes is a nice letter....

mit01

It's hard enough trying to keep from spreading and/or catching germs on a cruise ship Pricing a medication so high could and probably has kept passengers from making the needed purchase, which in turn could cause more passengers and crew to get sick.

Glad you got your money back, but the logic is escaping me. People medicate to stop symptoms. Generally that's done so they can go out and about in public. How is that *stopping* the spread of germs?

Nyquil does nothing but hide the symptoms. Hopefully it knocked the family out so much they just slept it off, and everyone stayed away from others. Alas, that's not how people usually use such things.

We were on a European cruise and my husband got sick and we had to come back to the ship from being out and around. Our cabin attendant saw us come back. After his shift he stayed right outside our door to see if we needed anything. My husband did get better after a few hours.

When we got home I wrote to RCCL about the outstanding service of our cabin attendant. I did include his name and info about our trip. I got a call from the the Assistant to the CEO and thanked me for the letter. What she told me is that they were going to give this person a Bonus and some extra time off. They were going to also recognize him on the ship.

It's nice to say good things when they happen,

W We were told that prices for those types of items are set by an outside company, that they did some research and agreed that $17.99 was an outrageous price, and that we would get a $17.99 credit to our credit card.

Just wanted to share my pleasant experience with RCCl.

Steve

I'm glad you did share, and thank you. Now, was this a gesture to placate you, or did they really feel the price is too high and adjust it? Maybe on my next cruise, I'll check the price. I expect convenience items to be higher on a cruise ship. (speaking generically, not specifically to an item for your kid's health) But how much is reasonable 125 or 150% of normal average retail?

My friend is on Anthem right now and says the Nyquil is priced at......

$17.99

I'm not surprised either, but in fairness to Royal, the OP was on a Christmas cruise that may have returned just a week or two ago. If a Royal rep agreed the price was too high, I would imagine it would take at least a month to have it officially changed and then for that to propagate across the fleet. I doubht the rep had the authority to wave a wand and change it.

That said, I expect to see the same price if I look next May on Adventure. I will note the size too.

What does matter is whether they actually do anything about it, other than refund the OP's credit card.

The chances of RCI changing the price of that item on board due to this letter are about he same as Dynamic Dining making a come back.:rolleyes:

The chances of RCI changing the price of that item on board due to this letter are about he same as Dynamic Dining making a come back.:rolleyes:

I think you are being optimistic.

I'd say the chances are about the same as RC putting O3b internet on the rest of their ships by summer.

I think you are being optimistic.

I'd say the chances are about the same as RC putting O3b internet on the rest of their ships by summer.

I think they are waiting for the plumbing to be finished for the Freestyle machines.

If this is all based on only one complaint maybe it has served as notice that they should raise the price.

Edited by Ocean Boy