Shooting at Ft Lauderdale airport

Colo Cruiser

MSNBC live report:

Active shooters in Terminal 1 and 2. Shots fired.

SWAT in garage.

Sheriff just stated that there was no shooting in Terminal 1.

Someone being evacuated was hurt during the process of getting out of the area in term 1. He said it appeared the shooter acted alone.

Shooting happened in baggage area of Term 2

Horrible event! It's so sad and scary as we have flown in and out of Ft. Lauderdale airport many times for cruises. God bless the victims and their families.

Agree, prayers and thoughts to all. Sitting here watching the coverage and feeling so sad for the victims, their familes and every person at the airport. We got off the Caribbean Princess last Friday and were sitting at the airport last week at this time.

Oh my... they just reported that he had the gun in his checked bag and had flown in from Canada...:eek:

Perfectly legal. To the extent that anyone is bothered by the fact that TSA rules allow guns and ammunition in checked bags, contact your Representatives. But good luck with that.

Oh my... they just reported that he had the gun in his checked bag and had flown in from Canada...:eek:

Not saying its right but........

Checked weapons in checked baggage has been allowed by airlines for many many years.

The baggage claim area is open to the public and unsecured. Anyone could walk into this area from outside and do the same thing.

Perfectly legal. To the extent that anyone is bothered by the fact that TSA rules allow guns and ammunition in checked bags, contact your Representatives. But good luck with that.

I'm not bothered by that. I only bothered that mentally ill roaming airports.