Just boarded the Ruby Jan 7, 2017 - embarkation lunch and Club Class

Oh2B@C

I am on the Ruby on embarkation Day of our 10-Day Mexico cruise.

Lunch in the MDR is open to EVERYONE. It was in Da Vinci.

When I mentioned to the staff that there were rumors about Day 1 lunch being only available to Club Class, they gave me a strange look as if asking what the heck I was talking about. According to them, lunch in the MDR on embarkation day has always been available to everyone.

People were coming in well after 1 PM. They did not close early. Hours are the same as usual 12 to 1:30 PM. Our group finished eating at 2:15 PM and we were not rushed out the door.

Club Class is in Da Vinci. In fact, they have a very big sign etched into the side wall at the entrance to Club Class that looks pretty permanent to me.

People that went up to Club Class entrance by mistake hoping to have lunch were gently directed to the other entrance.

If you are facing the Da Vinci DR, Club Class is on the left, regular entrance on the right.

Club Class does not have any kind of special decor. There are no visible barriers separating Club Class from the rest of the DR.

I went to have a look at Club Class during lunch, and there were only four people eating in Club Class, two couples at tables for 2.

Happy to answer any other questions, depending on internet quality.

Regards,

Phil

OK Keith, just because it's you and I might have been sarky with you once or twice in the past...:o Hope this makes up for it;)

Captain

Marco Fortezze

Staff Captain

Christopher Lye

Chief Engineer

Andrea Scantamburlo

Hotel GM

Robert Moik

Senior Doctor

Gary Edward Browne

Entertainment Director

Lisa Ball (I had a nice chat with her tonight and she is still as sweet and friendly and nice as ever! I love that big beautiful smile of hers)

Cruise Director

Angela Kristensen

Cust Serv Dir

Elke Pointecker

Food&Bev Dir

Sandra Belchior

Staff Engineer

Mauro Boracchi

Staff Electro-Technical officer

Sergio Soriano (Oh no, not him... I cannot believe them let him out already...)

Environmental Officer

Georgi Kiryakov (in charge of NOT dumping sludge in the ocean)

Exec Housekeeper

Lorena Ferrini

Exec Chef

Russell Clarke

Maitre D'

Jean Paul Musiu

whew...

OK Keith, just because it's you and I might have been sarky with you once or twice in the past...:o Hope this makes up for it;)

Captain

Marco Fortezze

Staff Captain

Christopher Lye

Chief Engineer

Andrea Scantamburlo

Hotel GM

Robert Moik

Senior Doctor

Gary Edward Browne

Entertainment Director

Lisa Ball (I had a nice chat with her tonight and she is still as sweet and friendly and nice as ever! I love that big beautiful smile of hers)

Cruise Director

Angela Kristensen

Cust Serv Dir

Elke Pointecker

Food&Bev Dir

Sandra Belchior

Staff Engineer

Mauro Boracchi

Staff Electro-Technical officer

Sergio Soriano (Oh no, not him... I cannot believe them let him out already...)

Environmental Officer

Georgi Kiryakov (in charge of NOT dumping sludge in the ocean)

Exec Housekeeper

Lorena Ferrini

Exec Chef

Russell Clarke

Maitre D'

Jean Paul Musiu

whew...

Thanks! I have a short memory. :) Wait a minute....once or twice? (just kidding)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

What makes me a little sad here is that people on the boards (myself included) have been begging for a review of CC from someone who has experienced it. So a cruiser in CC uses their internet minutes and cruise time to post their impressions- and then it is a big old pile-on over one sentence in the review. Just a a reminder- a review is an individual's personal perspective. You can like it or not- it is still their perspective.

Personally, I am very, very grateful that the OP took the time to post. Thank you for your impressions.:)

what makes me a little sad here is that people on the boards (myself included) have been begging for a review of cc from someone who has experienced it. So a cruiser in cc uses their internet minutes and cruise time to post their impressions- and then it is a big old pile-on over one sentence in the review. Just a a reminder- a review is an individual's personal perspective. You can like it or not- it is still their perspective.

Personally, i am very, very grateful that the op took the time to post. Thank you for your impressions.:)

this !!!

What makes me a little sad here is that people on the boards (myself included) have been begging for a review of CC from someone who has experienced it. So a cruiser in CC uses their internet minutes and cruise time to post their impressions- and then it is a big old pile-on over one sentence in the review. Just a a reminder- a review is an individual's personal perspective. You can like it or not- it is still their perspective.

Personally, I am very, very grateful that the OP took the time to post. Thank you for your impressions.:)

I'm grateful to that person also.

I see on other boards excitement when a new class or feature is announced.

Thanks! I have a short memory. :) Wait a minute....once or twice? (just kidding)
I don't know when you are sailing, but I received an e-mail from Princess that Giorgio Pomata will be the Captain on the Feb 25, 2017 cruise.

I don't know when you are sailing, but I received an e-mail from Princess that Giorgio Pomata will be the Captain on the Feb 25, 2017 cruise.

We were on Ruby with Capt. Fortezze and he told us that he would be on our TA in April. He is going over to take over the Caribbean Princess when it starts its cruises out of Southampton. We are back on Ruby in March and got the same email regarding Capt. Pomata.:)

We were on Ruby with Capt. Fortezze and he told us that he would be on our TA in April. He is going over to take over the Caribbean Princess when it starts its cruises out of Southampton. We are back on Ruby in March and got the same email regarding Capt. Pomata.:)

He will probably leave for his 2 months off in Feb and come back in April.

He will probably leave for his 2 months off in Feb and come back in April.

I just checked the present Caribbean Princess officers and CAPT. Pomata is presently Captain aboard her. We have not received info for that cruise yet so do not know when they will switch. Not a big deal as both are wonderful:D

I did a summary review of it and a couple of others have posted their experiences in the various threads discussing CC. Do a search under my screen name and it should come up for you. :-) Mine was only about the dining experience - we were in a full suite so I don't know what the minisuite experience was like.:)

Thank you for the report, OP. There was a Princess employees' holiday event onboard on the 12/17 cruise and they probably took over the MDR, other than the CC section. That was the cruise where the rumor of the demise of embarkation lunch began. I'm glad to see it was inaccurate.:)

Edited by critterchick