Extremely disappointed with triumph

DRTerrell

As others have said, my condolences to your son-in-law...

The curious thing is, you mentioned in your review many more things that went right, where Carnival went above and beyond, than you did negative things! So that doesn't exactly align with the title of your review! It sounds to me like Carnival was a big success in most areas!

As for the dress code in the shows, I understand your concern even if I don't agree with it. But as far as I'm concerned we will see much more nudity, less common decency, in an hour of prime time TV than we will in a Carnival show! It's very much a sign of the times, I'm afraid!

Just curious, what TV shows are you watching during prime time, with nearly naked women wiggling their g-strings at you? I would like to watch.

I wasn't aware that it was ice cream. Tastes more like ice milk. Tried once and never had again in my 15 plus Carnival cruises. I love carnival. More bang for your buck.

How is Carnival more bang for your buck, when other cruise lines give you better entertainment and activities, for the same amount of money? It would seem they give you less for the same price.

I hate that saying. If I spend $4000 on a cruise, I have pretty high expectations. With that said, the OP's complaints were, in my book, trivial.

I agree. I think that's one of the worst clichés on Cruise Critic. We're not supposed to be the ones' responsible for making a great cruise. That's their job.

But that said, I also agree that these complaints are on the side of trivial. But I do think the OP makes a good point about the dancers. I certainly don't complain (;)) but Carnival is supposed to be a family cruise line, right?

Edited by Aquahound

I agree. I think that's one of the worst clichés on Cruise Critic. We're not supposed to be the ones' responsible for making a great cruise. That's their job.

But that said, I also agree that these complaints are on the side of trivial. But I do think the OP makes a good point about the dancers. I certainly don't complain (;)) but Carnival is supposed to be a family cruise line, right?

When they tell us Vegas style shows have to expect skimpy costumes

When they tell us Vegas style shows have to expect skimpy costumes
The OP acknowledged this but felt the early shows, like the comedy shows, should be family friendly. I just don't feel I should be forced to stay up past my bedtime for f bombs and thongs.

I guess I took this cruise a week too soon. Maybe the costume (under a frilly skirt) showed a little derriere cheek, but nothing like a full thong.

I had the same experience last year on the Pride. After returning, someone that was on the same cruise complained about the costumes in the show as being skimpy. I had my children in the audience of the same show and do not remember anything even remotely racy.

Everyone has a different opinion on this matter though, but if this bothers you, best not let your kids watch prime time TV these days.

I would avoid the pool too, plenty of uncovered skin there too.

That's what I was thinking. Definitely some bikinis that should have been one pieces.

Similarly, I think I saw a woman or two in the gym that were wearing clothing that was accentuating their curvature. Probably best to steer clear.

Right up there with, a bad day of cruising is better then ......

I agree that it is the duty of the cruise line to give you the best experience for your dollar. However, that being said, if you wish to complain about trivial things, ie., ice cream, costumes, etc, then the cruise IS what you make it. The OP listed all the great things the crew did and were duty bound to do. But the complaints were about his/her personal preferences. There is no pleasing everyone. It behooves all cruise lines to cater to their paying guests, otherwise, they would lose business.

Please, enjoy your cruise.:cool:

See post 34....

LOL, lots of much more racy on prime time in my opinion than I have seen on Carnival ships. Take Big Bang Theory alone, Season 7 Episode 11. Penny in just a bra. Even better, season 10 Episode 7, Leonard tied to a wall in a leather halter with Penny in a busty corset with a whip. Explain that one to the kiddies.

He was just in a timeout kids and needed a spanking.