Silhouette Tips, Secrets, and "Celebrity Today's"

JakeyK414

Hi there! Long time cruiser, but never actually been on the Solstice class of ships and will be sailing in about a month! (Very excited!)

Does anyone have and tips or secrets about this class of ship? Little things that you may not learn about or pick up on with your first sailing on this class. Or if anyone has recent Celebrity Today pamphlets from week-long sailings that would be great!

Also got the dinner package and have been to Qsine and Tuscan Grille on the Summit, but are Murano and the Lawn Club grill worthy spots as well.

Any information would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

We love the Lawn Club Grille. Dining in the fresh air, hand made pizzas (if you want you can actually make your own), fresh grilled meats. If we only do one specialty meal on the Silhouette, that is it. Murano is your classic French restuarant. We've eaten it a lot and got a little burned out on it, but if you've never been, also a nice meal. I always get the venison because I love it and don't get to eat it very often. But DH always does the lobster.

I don't really have any other S class tips I can think of. Depends on what you like to do. My daughter, a big reader, loves the Hideaway, which is something you don't get on an M class. I've only sailed M class once, so trying to thing of other differences.

My favorite trick is not unique to S class. If you have the beverage package, I like to get an affogato at Cafe al Bacio. It's my way to get free gelato. And so refreshing late afternoon.

Enjoy. We are on the 2/5 sailing, which will be our third cruise in a row on Silhouette.

Never knew you could do that with the drink package!!!! We had it on the Summit last time and got it for this trip. And awesome, looking forward to Lawn Club then!

Much appreciation for the reply and the tips and info!

My favorite trick is not unique to S class. If you have the beverage package, I like to get an affogato at Cafe al Bacio. It's my way to get free gelato. And so refreshing late afternoon.

I wondered about that on the menu. Thanks for answering that question (that I never was brave enough to ask)!

will be sailing in April and we are returning to Celebrity after 15 years. Looking for any and all tips and thoughts on this ship and in particular the "suite" life. This will be our first X suite and esp. have a question about Coco Cay. Is there a separate area on the beach for suite guests? Are there cabanas/bungalows in this area? Are they for rent or do they come with the suite?

Also I am looking for a bourbon list. Any information on this would be appreciated.

I appreciate y'all spending your time to ensure we have a better cruise experience. Cheers!

The desserts in the case at Café Al Bacio are free - and wonderful. If you are elite plus you also get speciality tea free.

If you like warm pools - the solarium pool is great. The locker rooms off the solarium have great showers - all the toiletries are there and plenty of towels. Much nicer than walking through the halls wet.

We really liked the lawn club- I don't know anything about grilling - they were great in showing me. You have a choice to have them teach you - or have them do it. The games on the lawn are fun too. They usually have music on the lawn at night once or twice.

• 3 weeks later...

mimibecky,

You can upgrade the Classic Beverage Package to Premium for less than $100 (we did that last February when we sailed the Silhouette). The Premium package covers martinis in the Martini Bar, but the Classic does not.

The Lawn Club Grill, The Porch and QSine were my favorite specialty restaurants on board. I can't wait to try Sushi on 5---they've changed it since my last Silly sailing, when it was Bistro on 5. Playing Bocce on the Lawn is awesome fun!

Enjoy your cruise!

mimibecky,

You can upgrade the Classic Beverage Package to Premium for less than $100 (we did that last February when we sailed the Silhouette). The Premium package covers martinis in the Martini Bar, but the Classic does not.

The Lawn Club Grill, The Porch and QSine were my favorite specialty restaurants on board. I can't wait to try Sushi on 5---they've changed it since my last Silly sailing, when it was Bistro on 5. Playing Bocce on the Lawn is awesome fun!

Enjoy your cruise!

Just to clarify - upgrading to premium is 11.80 per day (includes tax/tip) from the day you upgrade going forward. So if you are on a 10 day cruise and you upgrade on embarkation day on board (or prepay before boarding like I have done) - it's 10 x 11.80 or $118. 7 day cruise would be $82.60. If you wait and upgrade on day 2 of your 10 day - it would be $106.20.

There are lots of threads on the celebrity board about whether or not it is worth it to upgrade... lots of folks weighing in on both sides - and it really depends on your drinking habits/preferences. For me, it's worth it to upgrade just for the wine. I like having a wider selection and enjoy having the sommelier do wine pairings for me at dinner. (This is much harder to do with the classic package as there are less options.) That alone is worth the $11.80 per day to upgrade for me. For others, its the martini's available at the Martini Bar - one specialty martini a day is more than the $11.80 - so it's a win there as well.

And, if you really aren't sure - you can wait a day or two before upgrading. Try staying within the limits of the classic package and it if works for you - no need to upgrade. If you do decide to upgrade, you only pay for the days left on the cruise.

mimibecky,

Clarification:

You can upgrade the classic package to Premium by paying $10 plus 18% gratuity ($11.80 total) per day....and you can upgrade at any bar or guest services as long as there are 3 days left on your cruise (at least I think it's 3).

More often than not, the martini bar will let classic package folks order from one of 4 basic martinis made with classic gin/vodka (not the fancy ones) and they'll serve it in a smaller glass (which is ridiculous since the drink is free and you can just order 2). Sometimes the Martini bar won't serve classic drink package folks....be nice and they'll probably serve you.

Might sound dumb but we've never had a drink package before. Where can I get a classic package glass of wine? And am I allowed to bring it back to my room?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can find wine in most every bar and restaurant on the ship. Each usually has a menu listing their wine options - and basically anything $9 and less per glass is covered on the classic package. If you look at many of the cruise reviews posted on this forum, you will see that many people have posted pictures of various menus. This will give you an idea of what is available.

And yes - you can get a drink or glass of wine and take it back to your cabin any time you want :)

You can find wine in most every bar and restaurant on the ship. Each usually has a menu listing their wine options - and basically anything $9 and less per glass is covered on the classic package. If you look at many of the cruise reviews posted on this forum, you will see that many people have posted pictures of various menus. This will give you an idea of what is available.

And yes - you can get a drink or glass of wine and take it back to your cabin any time you want :)

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! I had no idea. I love Cafe Al Bacio but never heard of an affogato. I had to google it!

For anyone else like me who didn't know:

An affogato is a coffee-based dessert. It usually takes the form of a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream topped or "drowned" with a shot of hot espresso.

Is it available with classic or only premium - does someone know for sure?

Just saw the following posted as a reply on another thread - and it seemed appropriate for this one as well...

There is someone who posts on here who does excellent reviews and posted a link to their website with their recent November 2016 Silhouette review. It includes menus for bars, restaurants, etc. and is an excellent resource. Go to thepreismans.com and click on Silhouette 2016 cruise then there is a tab for menus. I'm sorry I don't remember their name here on cruise critic. Hope this helps.

Just saw the following posted as a reply on another thread - and it seemed appropriate for this one as well...

There is someone who posts on here who does excellent reviews and posted a link to their website with their recent November 2016 Silhouette review. It includes menus for bars, restaurants, etc. and is an excellent resource. Go to thepreismans.com and click on Silhouette 2016 cruise then there is a tab for menus. I'm sorry I don't remember their name here on cruise critic. Hope this helps.

I think user is MVPinBoynton (sorry if I'm wrong)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

I think user is MVPinBoynton (sorry if I'm wrong)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

Not sure what the user name on CC is - but if you go to thepreismans.com you can easily find the 2016 Silhouette cruise under Recent Cruises. At the top of the review page you will find a link to the menus.

Or you can just use the link here directly :)

http://thepreismans.com/silhouette_ta_16_menus.htm