Hoopster on HARMONY, Jan 7-14 2017 REVIEW w/lots of photos

Perfect! Thanks so much! Exactly what I wanted to see!

Many thanks again... hope you are enjoying Harmony. Enjoying your review.

QUOTE=Hoopster95;52248990]Hey mad-dog. Hope these help you

Looking forward and up

DSC00685_zps3gvvg7gg.jpg

DSC00690_zpsk3udhswm.jpg

Looking forward and down from the middle "bridge"

P1101094_zpshn5tchbf.jpg

P1101096_zpsj6uiewd5.jpg

Looking back from under the slides

P1101135_zpsfak0xdxg.jpg

Did you purchase the tour beforehand or on board? They have change the price through the cruise planner to between $99 and $119 and advertise it as a 2 hour tour.

Hey Ken, I apologize but I screwed up.

I responded to you on that other thread that I just dug out my cruise bill and now see I did in fact pay $119 for this new tour. I remember the cruise planner said $150, but that was about 2 months before sailing and likely before the change in the tour.

• 1 month later...
Hoopster95- THANK YOU FOR YOUR AMAZING REVIEW- not just of the ship and cruise but of 7th Heaven. I work for them and was one of your fellow sailers- this means the most to us that you would write something so thoughtful of us! Thank you again and I hope that more fellow cruisers felt the same way! :)

OMG!!! I love 7th Heaven!! We are going on Harmony in June 2018, oh I hope they will be on there. We are from Illinois so we love seeing them!!!

I just binged this entire review. Thanks so much, it was excellent! One of the best reviews I have read, and I've read a lot! You covered the areas that are of most interest to me. I have Harmony booked and now I'm a tad worried about the crowds. We sailed Allure and absolutely loved it. I wanted to book Allure again but for whatever reason the same week on Harmony was $2000 less (GS). On Allure I never felt crowded at all. In fact, I found some of the venues to be dead (Bolero's, Vintages especially). Oh well, I'm sure it will be fine. We'll have our 16 year old daughter and we need a cruise with a high ratio of teens for her to make friends in the teen club. And I'm DYING to try Wonderland.

Thanks again for the great review!

• 1 month later...

Hoopster, thanks for your review. I have one question r.e. the comedy show. You said that the "early" show isn't in the attic, what time was that? I'm seeing 3 different showtimes in my cruise planner so I wanna know which one to avoid.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Loving your review, we are on Harmony next July, first time ever on a Oasis class ship. In fact the biggest we have ever been on is Navigator a few years ago. I’m a little worried about the crowding on the sea days. Is it really as bad as all that. We don’t like been near the pool, we normally hunt out a quiet out of the way spot. Will we be disappointed?

I had no clue who this Headliner was other than reading on our roll call about this Rock Band who was hired as the Headliner and they would have hundreds of people coming on board. Initially months ago the scare was that it would be a charter or half charter, but didn't even come close. Speaking with some of their supporters, they had around 300 people on board.

Bottom line.... BEST headliner ever!!!!!

You totally lucked out to have them play for your cruise. They are one of the best local bands in the Chicago area and we see them at several events during the year. They sounded awesome on Harmony.

• 3 years later...

While I know this review is old, I found it very interesting, so thanks.  As far as your rankings, how would you rank the stateroom 10329?  I have it booked for a future cruise and I'd be interested in knowing how you felt about location, noise, etc.  And would you book this room again?  Anything you could post would be helpful.

I've become a professional lurker 😉 ... sometimes I'm here, sometimes not so much and for many days if not a week or two.

4 hours ago, cleophus12 said:

While I know this review is old, I found it very interesting, so thanks.  As far as your rankings, how would you rank the stateroom 10329?  I have it booked for a future cruise and I'd be interested in knowing how you felt about location, noise, etc.  And would you book this room again?  Anything you could post would be helpful.

Nope, I would not book this room again unless it's less priced than other rooms.

I would much prefer one of the very front OV rooms overtop of the helipad with the awesome views and huge picture windows forward.

I am really REALLY big on site lines, views, privacy, photos, etc. Unless you stand exactly at the farthest back of the railing (closest to the rock wall), you get full view of the Abyss no matter what. Also look at the view from my photos from within the cabin with sliding doors closed. Specifically note the translucent (separating the rock climbing wall) divider that is 100% non-see-through. You cannot sit down and look out towards the aft view. To add to my thoughts, that one night when they had a movie on out there until about 11:45pm it was impossible to sleep... and I wear ear-plugs.

The room directly opposite to us contained a family of 4 (2 kids) and I was easily able to see them at any hour with whatever they were doing, and especially at night when lights were on. So being able to keep curtains fully open so that you can actually enjoy whatever view on any boardwalk cabin is not the greatest option. Again, I point out the view when standing at the closed sliding doors within the cabin.... all you see is the Abyss and the cabins directly across from you... the is no view of the port or the ocean, even from the coveted farthest back cabin. When you're in a regular ocean view cabin, you get to see the ocean and the port you're in!

Just my humble and personal opinion... you may end up loving this cabin 🙂

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

I've become a professional lurker 😉 ... sometimes I'm here, sometimes not so much and for many days if not a week or two.

Glad you are still around. I always look forward to your reviews. I hope you have a sailing coming up.