Princess@Sea

princessme

Never mind I found it. When you board and connect to the ships Wi-Fi you can get the app. I'm gonna be a Platinum passenger and get ??? Minutes of free internet. But I can see that really adding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess@Sea does not use any Internet minutes at all. It's free for everyone and connects via the ship's intranet essentially. You can access the Internet from Princess@Sea, but you don't actuslly use any minutes to access Princess@Sea itself.... You can see the Patter, check your stateroom account, access the Internet, see onboard sails, check itinerary, browse shore excursions, message other guests, etc....

Really? I downloaded it from home for my tablet. (They don't have an app for my phone.)

When? Princess @ Sea app is no longer available to download.

Lets say its not needed because it downloads automatically when you sign in onboard.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Originally there was an app to download. I got it in advance but, by the time I had my next cruise, it wasn't needed. There is no app that downloads to your device onboard. It's just a web based app. You go to the proper site for your ship, create an account, and use it that way. I probably still have the old app on my phone though. :)

There is no app to download, either before the cruise or on the ship.

You use the web browser on your device to access Princess@sea

Step 1: Connect to the ship's WIFI (it will have the name of the ship)

Step 2: type in shipname.princess.com (example: caribbean.princess.com) on your web browser.

You will then be connected to princess@sea

You can either then sign on to use the Internet ($$$ or with minutes from Captain's Circle status) or, at no cost, use the ship's intranet for the features such as seeing the Patter, checking your stateroom account, etc.

One use of the Internet that has no cost if not signed on to the Internet is going to Princess.com.

When all else fails, or even before you try, go the the Internet guru on board and he or she will set you up in about a minute and give you directions, if needed. It made the world of difference when I finally went and talked to the Internet guy.

Maureen

There is no app to download, either before the cruise or on the ship.

You use the web browser on your device to access Princess@sea

Step 1: Connect to the ship's WIFI (it will have the name of the ship)

Step 2: type in shipname.princess.com (example: caribbean.princess.com) on your web browser.

You will then be connected to princess@sea

You can either then sign on to use the Internet ($$$ or with minutes from Captain's Circle status) or, at no cost, use the ship's intranet for the features such as seeing the Patter, checking your stateroom account, etc.

One use of the Internet that has no cost if not signed on to the Internet is going to Princess.com.

On the Ruby last week you could order room service breakfast via the intranet. This option was being highly promoted onboard

On the Ruby last week you could order room service breakfast via the intranet. This option was being highly promoted onboard

Wow. Haven't seen that option in the past. They still need to have the hang card though as there are a lot of people who don't have a smartphone or tablet or who, if they do have a smartphone, turn it off and stick it in the safe once aboard.

I'm all for progress (love the new Medallion idea!) but I can't see limiting room service to an online process - at least not until all ships are upgraded with a TV that can handle that function.

Wow. Haven't seen that option in the past. They still need to have the hang card though as there are a lot of people who don't have a smartphone or tablet or who, if they do have a smartphone, turn it off and stick it in the safe once aboard.

I'm all for progress (love the new Medallion idea!) but I can't see limiting room service to an online process - at least not until all ships are upgraded with a TV that can handle that function.

Exactly.......

Or just pick up the phone and order. :rolleyes:

Originally there was an app to download. I got it in advance but, by the time I had my next cruise, it wasn't needed. There is no app that downloads to your device onboard. It's just a web based app. You go to the proper site for your ship, create an account, and use it that way. I probably still have the old app on my phone though. :)

Correct. As I said earlier, I downloaded the (they say no longer available) app to my tablet. One touch...much easier than the procedure outlined elsewhere on here. (And much safer than using a phone, even if there were an app for it.)

Correct. As I said earlier, I downloaded the (they say no longer available) app to my tablet. One touch...much easier than the procedure outlined elsewhere on here. (And much safer than using a phone, even if there were an app for it.)

The phone is not safe? Why?

I don't have too much of an issue with Princess@Sea but I do wish they would put all of the activities there like they are in the Patter instead of only listing some of them. I don't really understand that at all.

As for the app being safe and the phone not being safe... I don't understand that at all either. Sounds more to me as if someone doesn't understand the technology involved.

My wife's step father was security conscious - at least in his own mind. He refused to use an ATM as he didn't trust it not to steal his information. Of course he was quite comfortable handing his credit card to some college student at a restaurant and having him take it in the back to run it through the hard copy machine. Mind boggling... :eek:

Exactly.......

Or just pick up the phone and order. :rolleyes:

They don't always pick up the phone.

This whole process could get interesting because if there are times where it's so busy they cannot pick up the phone to take an order, but then people can overload the system with ordering food on the intranet then it can get crazy. I would imagine if they are going to do this, they will need to increase their support staff for Room Service to support the ability for all intranet users to order food.

My wife's step father was security conscious - at least in his own mind. He refused to use an ATM as he didn't trust it not to steal his information. Of course he was quite comfortable handing his credit card to some college student at a restaurant and having him take it in the back to run it through the hard copy machine. Mind boggling... :eek:

In the US, you have a lot more protection with a credit card than

a debit card.

I had my ATM card skimmed at a local supermarket. All of a

sudden, a bunch of withdrawels showed up, about $1000.

I had to complain to the bank. The I had to go to the police station

and fill out a report. It took about 3 weeks to get the money back.

Then, I (and about 100 other people) were subpeona'd to testify

that the bad guys used my card with out permission. Then,

the trial was postponed, and I was subpeona'd for a new date.

When I have fraud on my credit card, I call and complain, they

take off the charge, and send me a new card it a day or two.

I would prefer using credit cards to debit/ATM cards, just like

your step father.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like using the messenger. The Patter is right at your finger tips. However, be aware there is no notification 'ding' when you have a message. You have to just remember to check it. Very aggravating. :rolleyes:

Never mind I found it. When you board and connect to the ships Wi-Fi you can get the app. I'm gonna be a Platinum passenger and get ??? Minutes of free internet. But I can see that really adding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums