Just off Pride

crusinpsychRN

Going back to your comment about the captain--I don't know that I have ever seen a captain so out and involved with the guests. I was on the Pride for the Baltimore/Tampa sailing and he was constantly out and having conversations and interacting with the guests. He seemed very charming and was especially interested in interacting with kids and people who were older. It was a fun thing to watch.

Going back to your comment about the captain--I don't know that I have ever seen a captain so out and involved with the guests. I was on the Pride for the Baltimore/Tampa sailing and he was constantly out and having conversations and interacting with the guests. He seemed very charming and was especially interested in interacting with kids and people who were older. It was a fun thing to watch.

I agree, very available, and easy to understand. I even mentioned as much to him during the Diamond event saying he was the most approachable of any captain since our Carnival Spirit Alaskan cruise. He then asked me which year, I replied he paused and said, that was because it was me...... Got a good chuckle...:D

No bathrobe unless you ask for one. I can't believe that. Is it on all ships?

It's part of the comfort matters. You can select on the paper what you want (extra towels, robes, pillows, etc.).

This is a change I'm happy about. I don't use them, my parents don't use them so it's nice to be able to not have them taking up precious closet space (especially in the accessible cabins as they only have the 1 closet).

I agree, very available, and easy to understand. I even mentioned as much to him during the Diamond event saying he was the most approachable of any captain since our Carnival Spirit Alaskan cruise. He then asked me which year, I replied he paused and said, that was because it was me...... Got a good chuckle...:D

Anyone know this captain's name?

I don't think I've ever paid much attention to the captain, but I hope this one is around for another 2 months. We sail 3/26/17 and my brother is getting married on ship. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh dear, you had to wait 12 mins for Pizza, I should cancel my B2B for next month since that is unacceptable

:eek::D:D:eek::):p

Very often it is longer than that. One crewmember might be handling entire station from making the pizza to serving it and line backs up quite a bit.

Very often it is longer than that. One crewmember might be handling entire station from making the pizza to serving it and line backs up quite a bit.

Also each pizza will feed 2 people. They will cut the pizza into quarters and I've seen a lot of people ask for 2 slices which is half the pizza. They are not making them fast enough to satisfy the demand during peak lunch time.

I was being sarcastic... most of the time I have no problem waiting because it's the post partying snack before bed

• 2 weeks later...

I order my pizza then go get my drinks and sit down. They will let me know when it's ready. Not that big of deal but I agree it gets annoying night after night

• 2 weeks later...
Do you remember name of shows? We sailed her back in September to Bermuda and are going to sail her again this September to Eastern Caribbean. Hoping they get Flick by then! Just saw that one on Conquest last week.

88 Keys, Getaway Island, Heart of Soul, 80's Pop to the Max.

Pizza guy said the oven will cook 6 pizzas.

This was funny..... when we were on the Pride last October, at about 11 pm,(deli had just closed) there was a lineup for pizza - probably about 10 people lined up waiting to order and 4 - 5 people already ordered and waiting for their pizza to be ready - everyone was happy -no one complaining - when the guy ahead of me was next in turn to order, he pretended to do a head-count of the guests in line and he then orders 14 pizzas !! The poor guy behind the counter looked at him in shock... rest of us were laughing... all was in fun but the crew member wasn't sure at first if this guy was serious or not.. haha:D

thanks for your review ! we love the Pride and will be back on board in May ! Can't wait :D

We did the Jan 22nd thru the 29th and our only negative thing was how cold it was just about everywhere inside including our cabin. Even maintenance attempted twice to at least shut the ac down and could not. We were told by concierge that on the previous cruise of Jan 15th...it had been just the opposite and many were complaining that it was too warm. Otherwise, loved the Pride!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums