AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

I can’t make this stuff up. My missing UPS shipment with the now cancelled All State cards was delivered today. Three weeks after it’s scheduled due date and 10 days after All State refunded my money, with no explanation from UPS. It was not tampered with so maybe it just slid under someone’s seat or something? 

50 minutes ago, travelingtink said:

I can’t make this stuff up. My missing UPS shipment with the now cancelled All State cards was delivered today. Three weeks after it’s scheduled due date and 10 days after All State refunded my money, with no explanation from UPS. It was not tampered with so maybe it just slid under someone’s seat or something? 

Allstate continues to . . . suk.  🙂

13 minutes ago, deesully said:

Looks like everything is ending.image.thumb.png.be13094879f571b1a3f52c68f685389b.png

I believe they always have end dates on things, then they change things around, and offer the same things with new end dates.  

On 6/12/2023 at 11:33 AM, travelingtink said:

My ongoing saga with gift cards continues. After switching from All State to  AARP, I successfully purchased and applied 2 gift cards to my reservation. Got my refund from my missing All State cards so I went to purchase more from AARP, but kept getting an error. I had just received my new credit card since my previous one expired so I thought maybe I needed to wait a day or so after activating it. Couldn’t figure out any other reason why the transaction wouldn’t go thru.

Tried again 2 days later and still getting an error. Called my bank, they see the request coming across as a CVV error, so I try again, carefully entering every number correction, but no go. Called AARP, they don’t see any issues. I tried 3 different browsers, 2 different devices, 2 different cards, but got the same error every time.  AARP said they would open a case because they couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t letting me purchase. I had only bought 2 cards so I hadn’t reached the monthly limit.

After hanging up I decided to try again but this time with PayPal and it went through. It was so soon after opening my case I know they didn’t have time to work on it. Still waiting on AARP tech support to figure out why I couldn’t but with credit cards but at least I finally got enough cards to pay off my balance which is due 6/17.

What a pain! But ultimately I guess I saved money, but the time, effort and frustration I put in to it is making me question using gift cards again.

I don't know if this will help, but it's worth a look. Go into your account details and look at your payment method. Is your old card (with old CVV) saved to your account? If so, maybe that's why it won't accept the new card. You also have to make sure the billing & shipping addresses match. Beyond that, I'm not sure what's going on. Obviously an issue between your account and the new credit card since PayPal works.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:58 PM, travelingtink said:

I'll bet they lost it, then found it. UPS is good for that sometimes. I had a package go missing a couple months ago. It made it all the way to my nearest facility, but never got put on the truck. It showed up about a week after it was due.

Carnival's gift card website has a balance checker:  https://carnival.ourgiftcards.com/checkbalance

See if the cards still have funds on them. If it were me and they were still good, I'd use them. But I'd do it soon just in case they take time to cancel in the system.

When playing the games on Allstate Rewards site, has anyone noticed the graphics are slightly different?  I noticed changes, but when I play the Scratch off I don't pay much attention to it, but today I noticed that when I lose up on the screen comes up "YOU LOSE".  I was like, wow...

I emailed the customer service and asked about ecards.  I received the same canned response back that they are currently sold out, etc.  So then I actually responded and went further.  I said that sold out is different than deciding not to carry them any longer.  Please let me know if there has been a corporate decision to not carry them.  I explained why I like the ecards better and why they worked for my lifestyle.  I didn't ask specifically for Carnival, I just asked about all ecards.  I still received a canned response that they just do not know when they will be getting ecards back.  

Which company do they get them from?  I was thinking that is where I might reach out to next...

I also realize this is probably a waste of my time, but I feel like I have to try to get them back.  In the meantime, I really don't mind buying the AARP ones.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tw67 said:

When playing the games on Allstate Rewards site, has anyone noticed the graphics are slightly different?  I noticed changes, but when I play the Scratch off I don't pay much attention to it, but today I noticed that when I lose up on the screen comes up "YOU LOSE".  I was like, wow...

I emailed the customer service and asked about ecards.  I received the same canned response back that they are currently sold out, etc.  So then I actually responded and went further.  I said that sold out is different than deciding not to carry them any longer.  Please let me know if there has been a corporate decision to not carry them.  I explained why I like the ecards better and why they worked for my lifestyle.  I didn't ask specifically for Carnival, I just asked about all ecards.  I still received a canned response that they just do not know when they will be getting ecards back.  

Which company do they get them from?  I was thinking that is where I might reach out to next...

I also realize this is probably a waste of my time, but I feel like I have to try to get them back.  In the meantime, I really don't mind buying the AARP ones.  

The Pacman game is different too.  Graphics seem different and game speed is funky.  Slow at first, then speeds up when you get a power pellet.  Weird.  Also, you see to win 200 points each time you play (x3)  no matter what, win or lose.

• Like 1

I fear Allstate is employing a classic Carnival tactic. Degrade the product so it isn't used much and then get rid of it because of "lack of demand" .  They aren't trying too hard to keep it desirable. No ecards, whole categories disappearing in an instant. The dining category has a whopping 5 cards available at small discounts which are further reduced by the higher shipping charges now. I once happily used Verizon rewards until it went downhill, then Allstate and AARP. AARP became members only so I was using Allstate but can't really make it work now without ecards. So I bit the bullet and bought AARP for a good deal and haven't looked back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

Has anyone tried to play today?  No Scratch off or spin game shows up.  Want to make sure it isn't just me!  

No spin or scratch for me either, but I won 200 points for playing and losing Pac-Man. Never got points from it before, and actually don’t usually play it because I can get the hang of it on my phone. Played today since there were no other options. Was allowed to play 3 times and won 200 each time, no matter how quickly I lost lives, 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, travelingtink said:

No spin or scratch for me either, but I won 200 points for playing and losing Pac-Man. Never got points from it before, and actually don’t usually play it because I can get the hang of it on my phone. Played today since there were no other options. Was allowed to play 3 times and won 200 each time, no matter how quickly I lost lives, 

I also don't usually play Pac-Man, but I might try it today!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

I also don't usually play Pac-Man, but I might try it today!  Thank you!

You don't even have to "play". Just die three times and get 200 points. Repeat two more times. Kinda took what little fun there was in it.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Carnival cards are now only 8% discounted.

And shipping is $5 for $500 cards and $1.75 for $100 cards.

Last time they changed it, they changed it back.  Why is shipping more for a higher denomination? Doesn't it cost the same to mail a card that has $500 on it as it does to mail a card with $100 on it??  smh..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Last time they changed it, they changed it back.  Why is shipping more for a higher denomination? Doesn't it cost the same to mail a card that has $500 on it as it does to mail a card with $100 on it??  smh..

It's possible the $500 cards are sent UPS or fed ex, and the $100 ones are sent USPS.

• Thanks 1

SPIN WHEEL is back.  I still didn't win, but it is back!  Don't forget today is Tuesday!  Matching game is also live!

Carnival GC is still at the 8% savings.  

• Like 2

On 6/22/2023 at 8:03 AM, tw67 said:

The rewards website is owned & operated by Intride Loyalty, LCC, as show at the bottom of the page, but no idea how to contact them. When you click the "contact us" link, I think it goes to Allstate. If I'm not mistaken, they have a customer service division that specifically handles Rewards.

I've always been curious where they purchase the cards in bulk and how much they pay.

On 6/26/2023 at 3:29 PM, tw67 said:

Well duh, $500 weighs more than $100. 🤪

Seriously though, the question is, did their cost to ship them via USPS & UPS go up to justify such a big price hike? Doubtful. The shipping fee used to be the same regardless of how the cards were shipped, so I think it's ridiculous.

3 hours ago, tw67 said:

SPIN WHEEL is back.  I still didn't win, but it is back!  Don't forget today is Tuesday!  Matching game is also live!

Carnival GC is still at the 8% savings.  

I got three X's, so I think that means I won a mystery prize. I expect to be contacted any day now. 😋

I tried Pacman. The first game I didn't even move, I just let them come get me (which took longer than it should've). It didn't give me any points for that, but it did let me play 3 more times. I got killed as quickly as possible and it gave me the 200 points for each one, so you at least have to move to get the points.

• Haha 2