AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Congrats! Did you win the $1000 or $100? That's one I maxed out my entries (6000) for the month. I maxed out the $1500 Count On Cash sweeps, too, but no luck. Goes to show that doesn't always pay out.

I'll trade you my $25 Uber card. 😉

$100, only put in 1800 entries. I did put in some other ones too.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

I just realized last night that Allstate was running daily deals this week. Today's deal, a $5 BP gift card for 500 points. Not much, but I can spare 500 pts. for a gallon of gas. Starts at 3pm EST, link on the homepage.

I have never been able to score a daily deal.  I could try right when it hits 3 pm, and they are already gone.  It is apparently a lot like scoring Taylor Swift concert tix!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, tw67 said:

I have never been able to score a daily deal.  I could try right when it hits 3 pm, and they are already gone.  It is apparently a lot like scoring Taylor Swift concert tix!!  

All 5 of the cards are already in someone else's cart 😉 

• Haha 1

This is insane. When it hit 3:00, the shopping cart button wouldn't appear, so I refreshed the page. That logged me out and by the time I logged back in, they were gone. Then as I was watching it, it flashed, said they were available, and the shopping cart button came back. I clicked on it in a split second and it said they were out. I didn't get one.

Edited to add: It did it again...and again I missed. I give up, not worth it. I had no idea they were like that.

Edited by Organized Chaos

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

This is insane. When it hit 3:00, the shopping cart button wouldn't appear, so I refreshed the page. That logged me out and by the time I logged back in, they were gone. Then as I was watching it, it flashed, said they were available, and the shopping cart button came back. I clicked on it in a split second and it said they were out. I didn't get one.

Edited to add: It did it again...and again I missed. I give up, not worth it. I had no idea they were like that.

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that!  It is crazy. I have really given up trying for those. Of course I also do not try for Taylor Swift tickets! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tw67 said:

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that!  It is crazy. I have really given up trying for those. Of course I also do not try for Taylor Swift tickets! 

I've never tried them before. I'm curious as to how it works...how do people swipe them all up in the blink of an eye? Crazy.

2 hours ago, travelingtink said:

Did anyone notice that you get a daily entry into the Target gift card sweeps? It caught my eye because that was not one I had put points into but noticed I had entries. Read the fine print and found that they give an entry for daily logins. 

Nope, didn't notice that. I entered hundreds, sometimes thousands, of tickets in the past month and a half and got squat. Watch me win one I don't want with less than 10 entries. LOL

On 9/29/2023 at 6:55 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Yeah, it's a goofy little trinket, but I thought maybe someone would be interested in a free item. You get what you pay for. I don't want it either, but I'm curious if they charge shipping for points items like that. I imagine so.

I've previously gotten a couple points only items and was never charged a shipping fee.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 4:54 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Our family of four Ubered around Amsterdam and Paris.  It was handy👍

We've found it's easier and cheaper on most vacations to Uber than to rent a car, especially considering the cost of gas and the hassle of finding parking (and usually paying dearly for it)

23 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Unbelievable.  Won a $10.00 Amazon gift card on the scratch off game.  Have parlayed well over 700,000 points to no avail and have about 150,000 left to spend.

Congrats on the gift card. And I feel you. I thought cashing in hundreds of thousands of points was supposed to increase our chances of winning.  I've blown through over 900k points with nothing to show for it. Still have around 20k left. Instead of maxing out entries on a couple sweeps, I'm spreading them out more and will see how that goes. I won't hold my breath.

11 hours ago, cruisernh said:

I don't even have the option for the little trinket or the plaid bag. 

Yeah, they're only up for 2-3 days. I've seen the touch-free gadget twice and the tote bag once, but haven't seen either one for a week or more.

As you all know, AARP offers many discounted gift cards other than cruise line cards.  I just noticed that AARP is now selling Instacart gift cards.  My daughter and her husband work long hours, and they use Instacart a lot, so i am getting these cards for them.  Also, oddly, there is now a discounted gift card for a place called "San Luis Resort."  Never heard of it, so I Googled it.  Apparently, it is on Galveston Island.  Perhaps a place to stay before or after your Carnival cruise out of Galveston?

Edited by Calnev1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

The Allstate wheel got rid of the second X (not that it helps me) and added a $50 and $100 gift card. They're teasing us.

I was so hoping for that $100. Got a $5 BP giftcard instead, I'll take it! Better than what I've gotten or should I say, not gotten, for all the points I've cashed in. Back in April I got a $20 CVS giftcard from the wheel. I guess the wheel has been kinder to me than the sweepstakes ever have. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1st4our25th said:

I was so hoping for that $100. Got a $5 BP giftcard instead, I'll take it! Better than what I've gotten or should I say, not gotten, for all the points I've cashed in. Back in April I got a $20 CVS giftcard from the wheel. I guess the wheel has been kinder to me than the sweepstakes ever have. 

I got a $25 Uber card a few weeks ago. We don't have Uber (small town life) so the only chance I'd have to use it is on a vacation, and I don't know when that'll be, so I may give it away.

The "instant win" gift cards on AARP are proving to be just as elusive.

If you accrue points for AARP, use promo code HAUNTED for 100 points. Go to AARP Rewards, choose Redeem from the drop-down menu, and enter the code.

This is from their little jack-o-lantern scavenger hunt. There's 5 of them hidden around the Rewards pages that you can find for exclusive (not so great) prizes. So if the code doesn't work for you, I guess they want you to find the jack-o-lantern first.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1