AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

3 hours ago, Nuck Chorris said:

Is anyone else having problems with purchasing cruise gift cards from AARP?  Have tried three different times over the past three days, with different forms of payment, and all I have received is an error message.

No problems here either.  Ordered 3 Thursday night and had email in minutes. 

11 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I tried to buy my daughter some with her card and it wouldn't let me. Maybe it was just another issue at the time? 

Sometimes it will tell me I have entered info incorrectly and I will type it the exact same way and it will work. Crazy

• Like 1

Did anyone know that gift card links expire? Because I didn't! 😭 I bought a gift card in June, it still had $140 left on it. I went to go use it to buy something for my upcoming cruise and the link is expired! Does anyone know who I can contact? How would I even try getting the card number? I feel so dumb for not saving it

56 minutes ago, krissyj89 said:

Did anyone know that gift card links expire? Because I didn't! 😭 I bought a gift card in June, it still had $140 left on it. I went to go use it to buy something for my upcoming cruise and the link is expired! Does anyone know who I can contact? How would I even try getting the card number? I feel so dumb for not saving it

You are correct! I didn't know this either. I checked one purchased on June 1st and it says page no longer available. Luckily I screenshot the card so I still have the number. Good for you to give everyone out here a heads up! Let us no how you resolve this, thanks. 

Screenshot 2023-12-17 2.35.41 PM.png

Edited by n6uqqq

3 hours ago, krissyj89 said:

Check your downloads folder for the pdf file of the gift card that would have been generated when you used it last (clicked the link to access the gift card) it may have been saved by your computer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krissyj89 said:

I just had this happen with a new gift card I that went un-used for about 6 months.  Just chat with the website and they will send you a new link after asking a few questions.

11 minutes ago, ryancmor17 said:

I just had this happen with a new gift card I that went un-used for about 6 months.  Just chat with the website and they will send you a new link after asking a few questions.

or

QUESTIONS
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at 866-451-6305, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
Cruise line gift card questions? Click here.

41 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My AARP cards show up in my email and says Expiration: Does not expire IMG_4411.thumb.jpeg.1ba27bc90eed1f00ce0c54d5b4855bf4.jpeg

The problem krissyj89 is having isn't with the card itself-

the link in the e-mail to access the card is no longer working and does expire

Apparently the card # and pin was not written down or saved as a pdf or to a wallet. I'm sure AARP can reactivate or create a new link

• Like 2

I have the $100 gift card I just got as a test yesterday. Went to apply to a booked cruise but it seems Carnival has changed the way you apply a gift card. Anyone used a gift card lately that can help a guy out on how to get it applied?

Yes, I just did this the other day. I was confused as well. Here's what I did. Put the value I want to pay in the "Other amount" or click "Balance Due" if it's more than the gift card. Then up top, click "Add a gift card". Put in the information, then if no more to add, you should just be able to purchase. I think the wording on that was weird as well, but I don't have a gift card anymore to verify.

If you still have issues, try adding the gift card first, then doing the balance amount, but I'm pretty sure I did the balance thing first.

2 hours ago, ab19902 said:

Yes, I just did this the other day. I was confused as well. Here's what I did. Put the value I want to pay in the "Other amount" or click "Balance Due" if it's more than the gift card. Then up top, click "Add a gift card". Put in the information, then if no more to add, you should just be able to purchase. I think the wording on that was weird as well, but I don't have a gift card anymore to verify.

If you still have issues, try adding the gift card first, then doing the balance amount, but I'm pretty sure I did the balance thing first.

That worked. I had been entering the gift card first. I like the old way better. It does not make sense to put the gift card option to pay first when it does not work that way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canes20 said:

That worked. I had been entering the gift card first. I like the old way better. It does not make sense to put the gift card option to pay first when it does not work that way.

The other way worked quite well. I think the IT dept changes thing up just to justify their payroll sometimes 😉 . If it isn't broken don't mess with it! Now I am not sure if I have a 500 dollar card but only want to apply part of it if it will work! The old way you chose the amount and then it would only take that much from the gift card. 

Edited by n6uqqq

10 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

The other way worked quite well. I think the IT dept changes thing up just to justify their payroll sometimes 😉 . If it isn't broken don't mess with it! Now I am not sure if I have a 500 dollar card but only want to apply part of it if it will work! The old way you chose the amount and then it would only take that much from the gift card. 

With the new way I talked about, you still put the amount to apply first, then add the gift card. So you should still be able to just put part of the gift card on it. However, I'm not usually putting only a gift card on unless my balance is less than the amount on the card. But then it doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a limit on number of gift cards you can buy total on AARP?

I am taking my Mom on a Scandinavian cruise in August 2024 and the hubs and kids on a world cruise segment (36 days) in June 2025. (Both on princess but I know AARP sells Princess cards, too.) Cumulatively, this will be about 30k+ so I figure the 3k in savings is worth it to use the gift cards. I see there is a monthly limit of 25 cards, but wondering if they cut you off at amount at some point. 

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I am taking my Mom on a Scandinavian cruise in August 2024 and the hubs and kids on a world cruise segment (36 days) in June 2025. (Both on princess but I know AARP sells Princess cards, too.) Cumulatively, this will be about 30k+ so I figure the 3k in savings is worth it to use the gift cards. I see there is a monthly limit of 25 cards, but wondering if they cut you off at amount at some point. 

Sounds like some awesome cruising!! Writing a review?

11 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Do you and your husband both have an account? You can buy 25/$500 and he can buy 25/$500 and that will get you $25000. Next month you just need 10/$500.

Edited by canes20
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Sounds like some awesome cruising!! Writing a review?

Sure--when we get to it!  It is a ways away now.  Especially the world cruise segment.  But I am planning ahead in case I have to buy the cards in increments.  

• Like 2