Steakhouse - which steak to order?

megbowlstrike

I get the ribeye. I like a steak with flavor and find the strip and filet to be lacking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

The flavor is in the fat which is why ribeye is the best..... with the dry rub

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

We were on the Dream in Sept and went to the steakhouse twice. I had the bone in ribeye first and while it was good, it wasn't great. The second time I had the spice rubbed ribeye. I have never eaten so much steak! Cooked to a perfect medium rare and perfectly seasoned. I've never had a steak as good as that one. So, the spice rubbed ribeye is my recommendation.

unfortunately, we won't be on a carnival ship with a steakhouse till next april

our next carnival cruises are all on elation or ecstasy, but maybe on oasis....

I have seen halibut on some of the menus before but its been a looong time since we've eaten that. Love sea bass though. So that might be my choice next time, we do have a few local grocers now that have really good lamb chops so I do sear em off from time to time.

I am a chef and it's a matter of taste. All three cuts are excellent. I personally like the N.Y., probably the least tender and most flavorful of the 3. The ribeye would be second most tender, a little fatty (hence the "eye") and very juicy. The filet, although the most tender is the least flavorful. You can't go wrong with any of the steaks. BTW, my wife does not eat meat and says the Sea Bass is melt in your mouth outstanding.

The server told me to get the ribeye cooked medium, not medium rare. Said due to the fattiness it's better that way. Comment?

The server told me to get the ribeye cooked medium, not medium rare. Said due to the fattiness it's better that way. Comment?

I order fatty steaks like ribeye "Pittsburgh" because I think the fat is much tastier charred, but like the juicy rare steak inside.

Order the steak the you want it cooked, if my steak was not medium rare, I would return it.

No steak. I don't like steak. Crazy? Most people think so. We go to steakhouse because DH loves steak.

He gets some sort of strip steak and I get the lobster ravioli, which is delicious. However, next month I will order the sea bass on recommendation from another couple of posters.

Enjoy the steakhouse, whatever you order! :)

Hi! Let me preface this by saying I've been to the steakhouse twice, once on Liberty and once on Valor. We are going to the steakhouse on our cruise on the Conquest in Feb and am thinking of changing up my steak selection. I have gotten the bone-in ribeye both times I've been to the steakhouse. It's a great steak, but just curious what everyone's favorite cut/order is at the steakhouse. Please share pics, too, if you have them! :)

Don't laugh, but for me, the best thing on the menu in the steakhouse is the Chilean Sea Bass.

Our first steakhouse experience was on Breeze in 2013. I ordered the Cowboy ribeye. It was meh - tough and very fatty. On the next three cruises, Legend, Pride, and Vista, I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass. Heavenly!

We're sailing Splendor soon. Guess what I'll be ordering from the menu in the steakhouse. :D