US visa waiver

It does not affect Australians/New Zealanders unless you have a dual citizenship with the countries currently banned or you have visited these countries in the last five years. The forefathers of the US and creator of The Statue of Liberty would be hanging their head in shame if they could see what is happening there at the moment. Scary times for the world

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have cancelled our US trip, we love the States and have visited 36 states previously but can't visit knowing our friends and neighbours are unable to visit due to the colour of their skin or the religion they follow or where they happen to be born.

I am from Canada and I am glad I have no trips planned. USA is out for a while.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

It does not affect Australians/New Zealanders unless you have a dual citizenship with the countries currently banned or you have visited these countries in the last five years. The forefathers of the US and creator of The Statue of Liberty would be hanging their head in shame if they could see what is happening there at the moment. Scary times for the world

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am not too sure that this comment can be taken as gospel. I have heard of numerous people who thought they had access to the USA being turned away at the border and that was before DJT assumed office. The USA has been off my radar for a number of years now due to their internal politics. I cant see it changing anytime soon

I am not too sure that this comment can be taken as gospel. I have heard of numerous people who thought they had access to the USA being turned away at the border and that was before DJT assumed office. The USA has been off my radar for a number of years now due to their internal politics. I cant see it changing anytime soon

True, people with Green cards (US residents) are being stopped from travel.:(

True, people with Green cards (US residents) are being stopped from travel.:(

Yes I know but these people are from the banned countries, and unless Australian citizens fall under this criteria they will not be stopped at the moment. It is terrible what he is doing but people need to be very careful and not listen to a lot of false information and maybe speak to the US embassy for clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We would love to see you all visit Canada! Entry is free to all to our national parks this year in celebration of our 150th anniversary. Lake Louise and Banff are spectacular. Sad to see what is happening south of the border.

Just got off the phone from the USA consulate. All ok as long as we are not dual nationals with the listed countries.

I will still be a bit anxious till I get a written reply to my email.

Have grown up with the philosophy that nothing is worthwhile if not in writing.

This will be my last trip to USA.

Just got off the phone from the USA consulate. All ok as long as we are not dual nationals with the listed countries.

That is good to hear and that is how I understood the news reports that I have read.

Yes I know but these people are from the banned countries, and unless Australian citizens fall under this criteria they will not be stopped at the moment. It is terrible what he is doing but people need to be very careful and not listen to a lot of false information and maybe speak to the US embassy for clarification

If they have a green card they are permanent US residents. If coming from the US is causing issues, do not think that being an Aussie will help.

We would love to see you all visit Canada! Entry is free to all to our national parks this year in celebration of our 150th anniversary. Lake Louise and Banff are spectacular. Sad to see what is happening south of the border.

That would be great, I have seen some of Canada and would love to see more. However, it makes it a lot more difficult (and expensive) flying to Canada direct.

Good news for you, I agree about getting it in writing.

Hopefully the review will not change anything else in the future.

Getting info in writing is good, but hey DT changes his mind more often than his underwear so what you have in writing one day may not hold up the next. Refer people in transit drama.

Moral don't let kids loose in the candy store.

We have cancelled our US trip, we love the States and have visited 36 states previously but can't visit knowing our friends and neighbours are unable to visit due to the colour of their skin or the religion they follow or where they happen to be born.

We are the same. We have holidayed in America in 2014 and 2016 and we were planning a holiday in 2018 (rafting/camping in the Grand Canyon, four days in Yosemite, an Alaska cruise and Universal Studios). Last night we decided that we can't justify spending our holiday dollars in America whilst this is going on. Thankfully we are at an early stage of the planning however we may lose our deposit on a Celebrity cruise.

I can appreciate the sentiment.

While I fortunately have nothing booked to that region, it also doesn't hold any appeal at the moment due to the politics of the matter.

How ironic that the US has gone the same way as Russia!

We are the same. We have holidayed in America in 2014 and 2016 and we were planning a holiday in 2018 (rafting/camping in the Grand Canyon, four days in Yosemite, an Alaska cruise and Universal Studios). Last night we decided that we can't justify spending our holiday dollars in America whilst this is going on. Thankfully we are at an early stage of the planning however we may lose our deposit on a Celebrity cruise.

If it is more than 151 days out, (which it is) X will refund the full amount including the deposit. Your TA on the other hand may have a cancellation fee.

Hi all

As an American reading your posts, I don't know what to say. But I do believe that if all of you, and other reasonable people around the world, hold back their dollars, that may be the best message to send. That is all that the people in charge value or pay attention to.

I will give you all the same advice we here in the US (who didn't vote for this fiasco) give each other--this too shall pass. We hope.

ML

PS: Please know that more than half of the US did not support this buffoon and be kind to us when we visit your country.

Now firstly the most important thing is.

Build the first wall.

Then build the second wall along the Canadian border.

Then install direct flights from Mexico to Canada.

Now we can visit South America and Canada and miss the bit in the middle.

PROBLEM solved, every-one HAPPY.:):rolleyes: