US visa waiver

So sad to read this thread. Based on all the US hate I see here we won't be cruising Australia next winter (your summer) as planned. I don't want to go somewhere I'm not welcomed.

You must be joking!

Just because we don't like how your President treats loyal allies, doesn't mean we don't like Americans. Quite to the contrary!

You must be joking!

Just because we don't like how your President treats loyal allies, doesn't mean we don't like Americans. Quite to the contrary!

I realise that, but as an American Jew I laud Trump's stance against Islamist Extremists (BTW Obama refused to use that term during his eight years), I just don't wan't to spend three weeks listening to how horrible my President is for taking a hard line stand against those bastards. Sorry, just the way I feel.

So sad to read this thread. Based on all the US hate I see here we won't be cruising Australia next winter (your summer) as planned. I don't want to go somewhere I'm not welcomed.

I don't see any "US hate". There is concern about what is going on. Judging by media reports that concern is much stronger within the US.

You would be very welcome in Australia.

I don't see any "US hate". There is concern about what is going on. Judging by media reports that concern is much stronger within the US.

You would be very welcome in Australia.

agree only concern no hate

Thank you for the kind words lucy and MM. Yes there are violent protests in the US, but that is not uncommon here. Fact is neither Trump nor Hillary won 50% of the vote. Extreme hate and anger was bound to happen either way. Just as many people who are protesting are happy with the results, although you don't see that. I just hope we can all find a way to come together.

Thank you for the kind words lucy and MM. Yes there are violent protests in the US, but that is not uncommon here. Fact is neither Trump nor Hillary won 50% of the vote. Extreme hate and anger was bound to happen either way. Just as many people who are protesting are happy with the results, although you don't see that. I just hope we can all find a way to come together.

hope it settles soon for you guys

You are correct but Hillary did get millions more votes than Trump and it seems that He has stirred up much of the hate all through his nomination and the Presidential process. He is a bully and needs to realise he can't do that and not get critized. Australians do not hate Americans. We ourselves, are dual US and Aussie citizens and all Americans are welcome in Australia but we would like Trump to treat the Prime Minister and Australia as a nation, with respect. I really don't think that is too much to ask.

Come to Australia. You will see we are normally an easy going bunch and you will be welcome here.

I just don't wan't to spend three weeks listening to how horrible my President is for taking a hard line stand against those bastards. Sorry, just the way I feel.

I think you would find that if you visited here, no-one would even mention American politics. It is only discussed on this thread because of the topic of visas. I have noticed that on this forum where everyone is anonymous, many people will be more direct with their comments than they would be in person.

We were on a ship with many nationalities at the time of the US Presidential election and it was only the Americans who mentioned it.

I think you may have misinterpreted the reason why I started this thread. There is definitely no "hate" intended only concern for travellers who wish to visit your country in an environment where there is rapid change. Australia has always welcomed tourists from all over the world with open arms and will continue to do so. Just as, hopefully, The Americas will.

Could you point out which post you think deserves the title of "US Hate"? I don't see anything aimed at Americans just posts not willing to support its President and his policies.

Fact is neither Trump nor Hillary won 50% of the vote. Extreme hate and anger was bound to happen either way.

See I don't agree.

Hate comes from the person. Only one of the candidates was, and has been big on the hate speech.

That's not a comment on their abilities, but it's up to the individual whether they want to be divisive, or inclusive. Trump is big on the former. Hilary (and Obama), not so much.

See I don't agree.

Hate comes from the person. Only one of the candidates was, and has been big on the hate speech.

That's not a comment on their abilities, but it's up to the individual whether they want to be divisive, or inclusive. Trump is big on the former. Hilary (and Obama), not so much.

When you have a leader big on hate speech and having advisers close to him that have advocated for racism, war, violence and intolerance, there is no surprise when some people emulate them. Or think it is ok to emulate them.

I realise that, but as an American Jew I laud Trump's stance against Islamist Extremists (BTW Obama refused to use that term during his eight years), I just don't wan't to spend three weeks listening to how horrible my President is for taking a hard line stand against those bastards. Sorry, just the way I feel.

Please do not confuse a dislike for some recent US policies as a dislike for the US people. It is that sort of connection that lead to intolerance and hatred.

BTW, If I was an American citizen, I wouldn't be leaving the country, as getting back in may be a problem. It may be Muslims today, who may be next?:eek:

Please do not confuse a dislike for some recent US policies as a dislike for the US people. It is that sort of connection that lead to intolerance and hatred.

BTW, If I was an American citizen, I wouldn't be leaving the country, as getting back in may be a problem. It may be Muslims today, who may be next?:eek:

The Jews? Hindus? Buddhists? green people? No idea.

Bannon doesn't particularly like anyone but white christians.

I don't really see US hate on here!! We've never been to US but do have an Alaska cruise booked for April '18. I'm sure we will do some extra touring but at the same time we are interested in how things may change with visas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Mic

Thank you for posting this (as others did). It is important to separate what is happening in Washington DC from all the Americans about to take trips overseas.

I appreciate all the help we have gotten from you Aussies and Kiwis, we are still taking our trip!

And I have been joking with friends we may not get back into the country. I hope it is just a joke. Trump appears to be backing off some things today, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I am looking forward to our trip, and I am sorry that our President decided to pick a fight with your PM.

ML