Rome Disembarkation

cruisequeen4ever

Has anyone had experience with Rome disembarkation? What time did it begin? Does Celebrity assign times, or do you get to choose a time? We are Elite with Princess and can choose our time, but we will be lowly newbs on Celebrity. Is Customs quick there? We are trying to choose a time to have a shuttle pick us up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone had experience with Rome disembarkation? What time did it begin? Does Celebrity assign times, or do you get to choose a time? We are Elite with Princess and can choose our time, but we will be lowly newbs on Celebrity. Is Customs quick there? We are trying to choose a time to have a shuttle pick us up.

We disembarked Reflection last September in Civitavecchia and opted for self-disembarkation so we could meet our private shuttle at 7:10 am. It was simple enough to walk off with our luggage and meet our shuttle driver.

If you don't do that, Celebrity will assign a time for you to disembark.

Unfortunately, the shuttle driver dropped,us off at the wrong terminal at FCO so we had to take an airport shuttle to the correct terminal. Clearing customs was pretty quick.

You will receive a few days out a form asking what time you wish to disembark including self disembarkation. A day or so out you will receive luggage tags with your disembarkation time on the tags. If self disembarking you will receive no luggage tags. We arrived in Civitivecchia at 5.30am and disembarkation for those self disembarking started at 6.30. Hope that helps

We disembarked here in May last year and it was a breeze if you self disembark with carrying your own luggage. We didn't have to go through customs at the port at all, not sure if it's because our previous port was an EU Nation or if its just an Italian thing. It was easy peezy - here are a few pictures.

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

We've disembarked twice from there and it's super efficient. We didn't even self-embark and we were off the cruise SO quickly that we called our car and asked if we could get the driver to come earlier. We used Bob's Limo service and they were very nice and sent a driver almost immediately.

We were on the Reflection in May 2016 and our flight out was at 11:20 am flying back to the USA directly on American Airlines. We were concerned that we might not make it through security & immigration, but as others have mentioned, we let Celebrity know our departure time and we were on the first bus and didn't have any problem in getting to FCO by 8:30. Note that if you are flying directly to the USA on a USA airline you need to go to Terminal 5 to check in and go through security & immigration and then take a bus to terminal 3. The following link might help.

http://europeforvisitors.com/rome/transportation/rome-fiumicino-airport-check-in.htm

Any suggestions for who or how to pre book a ride into Rome? Will they meet us at ship when it arrives? We're planning on staying a few extra days when we arrive.

Check Rome In Limo's website. They offer a package that includes pickup at the port with a full day tour and drop off at your hotel. Days later, when it's time to go home, they'll take you to the airport. It's all one price. The tour part will be based on what you want to see and Jany at RIL will make sure it's tailored to you.

The best part is exiting the port and seeing someone standing there holding a sign with your name on it. The car will be just steps away.

As others have stated debarkation very simple. We used Rome Cabs for airport pickup, drive to port, and return from port to airport. I could not recommend them more highly for clean efficient vehicles (Mercedes)

and friendly English speaking drivers. For the return to airport we actually posted on the roll call and we had three couples who shared a Mercedes van to airport which worked well and cut the cost quite a bit..

Good luck

Recommendations please from FCO to Civitivecchia- thank you

The same goes. Rome in Limo or Rome Cabs or one of the other providers mentioned here. There are shuttle services but the cost differential compared to the convenience makes a private transfer very appealing.

We use Movartis - they have always been reliable, on time, elegant (the drivers wear suits), English-speaking, and affordable. We had them pick us up at the port and take us to 3 different hotels and the cost was about 57 Euro + tips per couple for a Mercedes van.

Beth

We use Movartis - they have always been reliable, on time, elegant (the drivers wear suits), English-speaking, and affordable. We had them pick six of us up at the port and take us to 3 different hotels and the cost was about 57 Euro + tips per couple for a Mercedes van. We chose the larger van so we would not be scrunched for the trip. We could have saved money with another person added, but opted not to do that.

Beth

RomeInLimo appears to possibly be out of business. I know someone on another thread said they didn't get a response from them, and they're website won't open.

Worked for me. :)

Quick question. We are on a cruise disembarking Rome, can any regular cruiser tell me if Celebrity have busses going to the airport for a cruise finishing in Rome? I know we got a Celebrity transfer for a cruise we finished in Barcelona a couple of years ago.

Just investigating possible ways to get to Fumicino for a flight at 12:40 on the day of disembarkation. Looking at private transfers also. Does anyone know the likely cost of a Celebrity transfer??

Thanks.

Recommendations please from FCO to Civitivecchia- thank you

If you go on over to the Ports of Call board for Europe, there are many suggestions for private transfers and shuttles. Civitavecchia to FCO is a regular route for thousands of pax over the European summer season ;). There will also be many suggestions for private excursions for all your port stops on that board too :).