Concierge Class, lemme hear it!

Reenwad

Have you ever seen the buffet upon boarding?????

First place I usually head to. Normally I've had no breakfast on embarkation day so by the time I get on I am ready to hit the Oceanview Cafe. Love to sit on the back of the ship and chill out after the chaos of check in.

And the extra points are a nice incentive for those of us moving up the ladder. I'm booked in a C2 for our June cruise and Aqua for our Oct cruise (Aqua was cheaper than Concierge on that one). After the Oct cruise we will be Elite:D

I think it's time for those of us that like Concierge, and see some value for cabin location, extra CC points, etc., just let the rest of the world go on with their lives. It's certainly not the end of the world. An inside cabin on a great itinerary is still a beautiful thing. Can't afford a suite....no problem. Let the complainers complain, but let's all just enjoy our next cruise in whatever cabin we choose.

I'd only do a Concierge cabin if the price was the same or very close to a regular balcony cabin. You may get a slightly better location. About all I cared about that we got was more points and a footstool on the balcony. The other perks were negligible, or, in the case of the snacks, actually bad.

I didn't 'hate' it, just not worth much to me.

I've booked Concierge cabins mostly only because the price difference between that and a Veranda is less than $100 difference. That said, I wouldn't have an issue booking Veranda, only because the added extras I never use, especially if you have higher Captain's Club status.

Our friends, when they asked where their bottle was, were told by the new Concierge Concierge on their Christmas sailing that the sparkling wine was issued upon request now - the particular day the pax wanted it and not on embarkation as was the norm (btw, this was Millie but unsure if fleet wide :confused:).

We keep finding that more and more of the features that used to be provided automatically on Celebrity cruises now often need to be requested, such as the ice bucket, the water pitcher, the q-tips and cotton balls, the pillow choices, the "personalized" writing paper (which was simply the ship's regular writing paper that had been run through a printer to print our names on it).

Last spring, we were on a cruise where we didn't get the blue book that is usually provided in each cabin. When we asked about it, we were were told that Celebrity is no longer giving them out since all the information from the blue book is now available on the TV menu.

But when we cruised with Celebrity again, the blue book was back. :confused:

In a RS recently when we requested lip balm because we had not received any (and it had always been provided in suites at all levels before, and even in aqua class), the butler told us that they were no longer providing lip balm.

But the cotton balls and q-tips were plentiful on that cruise, and the bottle of sparkling wine was waiting on ice when we boarded.

Many times we don't know which features are really a change in company policy, and which are just the policy of the individual stateroom attendant or butler.

It will be interesting to find out what is still provided and what is missing on future cruises.

..........The guy pointing out the rather tacky gold colored sea pass card highlights the point some make about CC being touted as something special when it just isn't. I'm sure those with light blue and silver sea pass cards will smile knowingly when they next see someone waving a gold card around in a 'look at me fashion'...

Shhh! Don't tell the guy who claimed he gets an "ego stroke" from waving a gold card that those gold cards are pretty far down the food chain on Celebrity ships, hardly more impressive than waving a napkin.

He seemed unaware that for ego strokes on a Celebrity cruise, the coveted and prestigious black card is the one to wave. ;)

Even the grey cards and the aqua colored cards all outrank the gold cards on Celebrity.

But if he can get an ego stroke and amuse others by waving around his gold card, or even his library card, why not. :D