Concierge Class, lemme hear it!

Reenwad

Ok, I've booked a C3 concierge cabin on Silhouette for January 2018. We haven't cruise Celebrity in 17 years, so it'll be all new to us anyhoo. We usually book Carnival, along with the Faster To The Fun package, and the concierge cabin seems to be like that, but even better.

I've been reading that it's really not a big deal, but a bottle of wine, bowl of fruit, daily delites, tote bag, key holder, welcome lunch, and priority check in & out seems worth the price I paid.

So let me hear your thoughts on it.

No need to bash me for cruising Carnival, just looking for opinions on Concierge cabins. BTW, I'm in cabin 1004 in case anyone has photos to share!! ;)

Thanks!

Ok, I've booked a C3 concierge cabin on Silhouette for January 2018. We haven't cruise Celebrity in 17 years, so it'll be all new to us anyhoo. We usually book Carnival, along with the Faster To The Fun package, and the concierge cabin seems to be like that, but even better.

I've been reading that it's really not a big deal, but a bottle of wine, bowl of fruit, daily delites, tote bag, key holder, welcome lunch, and priority check in & out seems worth the price I paid.

No need to bash me for cruising Carnival, just looking for opinions on Concierge cabins. BTW, I'm in cabin 1004 in case anyone has photos to share!! ;)

Thanks!

Priority check in is just a separate line, sometimes the regular lines are shorter, check out you are in a specified location. The other things IMHO are really not big deals. The key is what ship you are on. The M class ships have more options for concierge cabins as far as location and size than the S class ships. A lot depends on how much extra you paid.

Good luck with this post....there are many concierge haters out there! Lol. We are in a concierge cabin in April. ...I had asked a question about it and u wouldn't believe the negativity I received!!!! I'm not all that upset about chosen it....at the time it was only $100 more than regular balcony. ...we ended up with one of the very few cabins that hv an extra large balcony so for that I'm thrilled!!

I'm sure we will like our concierge class! !! ENJOY! !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

For us, Concierge Class is really not worth any more then a regular balcony..except for cabin location. There are a few small extra cabin amenities, but for us its about location. If we can get a Concierge cabin for about the same price as a regular balcony...then its fine (our next Reflection cruise is booked in a Concierge Cabin). Aqua Class is must more interesting because of its own dining room, Blu. When we booked our next Reflection cruise, we decided that we were tired of Aqua Class (the menus in Blu are very repetitive when you have done it a few times)......so told our cruise agent to just put us in a decent regular balcony cabin. Our cruise agent immediately informed me that she could get us a Concierge Class cabin for essentially the same price as a regular cabin....so that was a done deal.

Hank

Lootscakes is right, there are a lot of concierge class haters here. We also decided to go concierge for our first Celebrity cruise and, while there were several people who had positive things to say, there is a lot of negativity around it on these boards. Maybe I will feel differently after we sail, but I'm perfectly comfortable with our choice and am certain we will enjoy ourselves.

EDIT: Given the two who got their posts in while I was typing, I guess my post is irrelevant as you can already see what I was saying. Apparently, I should have worked harder in school so I would be qualified to choose my own cruise experience.

Concierge usually sells slower than veranda and Aqua which means often they are most likely category to be discounted as sail date approaches - many do not see C as a value proposition at full price. We only do C if discounted lower than Veranda (except when were we closing in on C-club Elite+ level and got some value from extra credits) GOOD LUCK

We had a Concierage cabin on the Millennium last year which we switched to after a price drop. The embarkation lunch was enjoyable and quiet. We did not care for the canapés, and had the drink package, so the wine stayed in the fridge. We travel with a teenager and the pullout couch was the worst; uncomfortable and in the way to the balcony at night and early morning. We much prefer a quad on the hump with the pull down for her and larger balcony. It may be a great choice when we are traveling without her in the future.

I'm glad for all the concierge naysayers. Let them pay about the same, get less CC points, stay in the same cabins on the lower decks, dine with the masses on embarkation day, and leave the great upper decks, sometimes on the slant, to us foolish, but happy cruisers.

Out of curiosity I priced Concierge class compared with current booking of our Balcony on the hump. It's an unbelievable $8000 AUD (maybe $6500 USD) more for a 12 night cruise. Both cabins booked on Best package. Maybe there is some truth in the comments re maths on some cruises.

Out of curiosity I priced Concierge class compared with current booking of our Balcony on the hump. It's an unbelievable $8000 AUD (maybe $6500 USD) more for a 12 night cruise. Both cabins booked on Best package. Maybe there is some truth in the comments re maths on some cruises.

What some don't realise is that prices for the different cabin categories are managed not by people but by computer algorithms. Prices vary depending upon on both availability and how long is left to sail date.

So prices all depend on how many people have booked concierge class at a given time in relation to the other categories. This is why you sometimes find aqua class to be cheaper than concierge. As I've said many times you need to treat each individual cruise pricing on its own merits. Ignore ANYONE who makes sweeping statements etc.

CC is mostly fluff and 'marketing BS'. But if you like the cabin location and price, book it. Just don't expect the kind of experience the category name seems to imply.

I'm glad for all the concierge naysayers. Let them pay about the same, get less CC points, stay in the same cabins on the lower decks, dine with the masses on embarkation day, and leave the great upper decks, sometimes on the slant, to us foolish, but happy cruisers.

Great way of looking at it. I don't really get all these people that have something against CC, but as you say, that's good news for those that enjoy CC.

I love the post above that states that CC is a slow seller for Celebrity. I wonder why I always have trouble getting the aft cabin then ???

LOL

Thanks!

We typically book Concierge, but only because we can almost always get it for the same price 1B we would otherwise book.

The one thing I should point out is that since you have sailed Celebrity before, you should be a Classic member in the Captains Club. That means you should have been able to book a C2 for the same price you paid for you C3. C2s are generally in much better locations. You may wish to see if you can have your reservation adjusted.

Mike

Good luck with this post....there are many concierge haters out there! Lol. We are in a concierge cabin in April. ...I had asked a question about it and u wouldn't believe the negativity I received!!!! I'm not all that upset about chosen it....at the time it was only $100 more than regular balcony. ...we ended up with one of the very few cabins that hv an extra large balcony so for that I'm thrilled!!

I'm sure we will like our concierge class! !! ENJOY! !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

The OP asked a question and several people answered it from experience. If that makes us haters, so be it. Seems the hate is coming from those who don't want opinions expressed.

We booked a guarantee in AQ class with the daily water, sparkling wine on arrival, different shower and daily canapés. I think AQ was worth it as we purchased not far out from sale date. For Concierge another Traveller said they always booked CC solely because of cabin location - they loved the Aft. The canapés aren't worth it imo. Lunch on embarkation - we wouldn't bother as we don't do sit down lunches. Location - that is a factor if you want the Aft. We never drank the sparking as we had a drinks package. What else is there in CC? Advanced embarkation which might sometimes be helpful.

The captains club advantage (reduced deposit and higher category of balcony) do not filter down to Aussies.

We were conceirge class last August whilst on Eclipse, main reason was cabin location, difference in price at the time, was approx £300 more. We had booked just four months before sailing and we were on deck 10. This year were on Reflection in June on deck 9 but booked last September so had a better choice of cabin, difference in price £500 more expensive for conceirge so didn't book it.

Embarkation was quick, we were called after the suites. We were more than two hours early from the time we were given on our paperwork, but it was no problem, lunch was nice in the MDR, canapes only asked for them once and didn't eat them, got tote bag, wine in cabin on embarkation day also a foot stool on balcony and fruit in cabin everyday, that you could get in the buffet & a holder for the sea pass.

The only reason I would book conceirge again would be for cabin location.

We cruised in concierge cabins for several of our cruises and enjoyed these cabins with the small perks and extra points. Prior to the change in how Captain's Club points were calculated concierge cabins helped us to quickly move to elite status. Now it's a bit harder. As some posters pointed out, the price differential from the standard veranda to concierge can at times be hundreds of dollars and other times less than a hundred. I suppose each cruiser needs to decide for themselves what is a reasonable charge for a concierge cabin. I think the embarkation luncheon is a nice benefit, so be sure to arrive early enough to enjoy it. If you don't like the evening canapes you can ask your room steward to bring shrimp cocktail or a cheese/cracker tray instead. I hope you enjoy your concierge experience!

I don't understand how people interpret it as "hating" when people are just pointing out that most of the Concierge benefits are marketing hype. The main tangible benefits already mentioned are the lunch on embarkation (which didn't exist until recently) and stateroom location (if that matters). The fact that they added that lunch to make it more of a differentiated product speaks volumes as to the value for price.

The other positive is that you earn more Captain's Club points per night, so if the price differential isn't much, it could be worth staying in a Concierge cabin if you're working towards your next level.

There have been several times when Concierge Class has either been less to book than a standard veranda or they have added extra perks to entice me to book that class. Those are the only times it is worth my while to book that category especially on an S class ship where the rooms are the same size as a balcony. They have recently added the embarkation lunch which only tells me that they needed another marketing ploy to entice sales of this category. The C1 Aft locations sell out quickly purely because of their location and not necessarily because of the class. Aft locations are prime real-estate on any cruise line no matter what the room category is. The few extra add ons and the extra cc points aren't enough for me to pay more than the cost of a balcony. With this said I would book Concierge class before Aqua class even if Aqua were less. Aqua class is the real marketing ploy since most of the rooms seem to be located in the worst part of the ship. I have seen Aqua class drop in price less than Concierge more times than not. I usually book a C2 for the price of a C3 if they are offering an incentive for CC.

I've sailed Concierge class once and have two more booked. The only reason I booked it again is the price was only about $20-$50 more than the regular balcony cabin we would book. There's nothing to hate about Concierge, I just don't feel there is much value to it, so if the price is significantly higher than a veranda I wont book it. On the Pacific Coastal I recently booked I got Aqua for less than concierge. Now that's a way better value!

I actually prefer the buffet to the MDR for embarkation lunch so for me that perk isnt a perk, But I hear it's pretty good.

The free bottle of champagne is really only good to make mimosas (cheap bubbly, probably about $6 retail cost in a off ship store). I guess if you like cheap bubbly that's another plus.

The canapes are pretty useless. 4 tiny bites of food. meh....

Better cabin locations, ok yea that's worth a few bucks.

pillow menu. ok I guess if you need a fancy pillow that's a plus

binoculars and better umbrella, might be handy on an Alaska cruise.

Extra CC point a definite plus.

The other trinkets are more of that fluff.

Everyone has their own perception of value. You an you alone have to decide what the value of the concierge perks are.

It probably depends on the price difference. C2 and 1A are hump cabins, for us, those have real value because of the size of the balcony. If price difference is négligeable, we book concierge as I like to order breakfast in the cabin and room service menu is a little more elaborate.

I have never used the pillow menu but like the concierge robes better and while this may seem trivial, I really like having the footstool. Makes chairs seem like a lounger.

Canapés can be switched out for a cheese plate, kind of nice as you are getting ready with a glass of wine.

When available, aqua class is a great value for Blu, private dining room. If much more than concierge, you can book dining package and go to specialty dining.

Hope that this helps!

We are 1st time Celebrity cruisers on the 3/4 sailing on Reflection and are excited to try Concierge with the GO BEST perks. After sailing on RCCL and NCL which were fine but offered nothing extra and for the same price point, we can't wait!

Thanks!

The bottle of sparkling wine is nice. The "bowl of fruit" are 3 apples. The daily delites are a few tostitos, hummus spread, and a bite size piece of cheese. The welcome lunch is nice. Check in is no biggie. Everyone gets a tote bag.

Basically the location of the cabins is the nicest perk. Hope you did not pay much extra for CC. You will enjoy the cruise- no matter which cabin you bought.