Drink Price Increase 2017

dreaminofcruisin

I noticed drink prices have increased in a few 'live froms' I have been reading.

Post #60 in this thread is one example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2445700

If someone already posted...sorry, but I hadn't seen it.

I thought it might be helpful to note if someone is analyzing the AIBP as the spreadsheet used to do that doesn't have the new prices. :cool:

I thought it might be helpful to note if someone is analyzing the AIBP as the spreadsheet used to do that doesn't have the new prices. :cool:

Maybe the increase is minimal and can be done by one who is affected by it and wants to consider AIBP.

Maybe the increase is minimal and can be done by one who is affected by it and wants to consider AIBP.

Price as currently listed on Princess web site is $49/day + 15% gratuity.

Price as listed in recently posted Patters is $52/day + 15% gratuity.

Looks like it will now be cheaper to buy before a cruise instead of on the cruise. Wonder if this is being done because so many people have OBC, and they can use it for drinks.

That's $59.80 a day if purchased on the cruise. Feels steep.

I noticed drink prices have increased in a few 'live froms' I have been reading.

Post #60 in this thread is one example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2445700

If someone already posted...sorry, but I hadn't seen it.

Prices can vary according to the length of the sailing, per the front desk on Grand Princess last week. On our 10-night sailing, it was $52/day for the alcohol package.

Prices can vary according to the length of the sailing, per the front desk on Grand Princess last week. On our 10-night sailing, it was $52/day for the alcohol package.

Sure! If it's a 7 day cruise you multiply by 7, if it's a 10 day cruise you multiply by 10....

I've never seen a price difference on the daily rate other than the current changes underway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carnival has been doing this on their beverage package for a while - you save $5/day (plus gratuity) if you buy pre-cruise.

Although the AIBP has increased in price also, what I was making note of is that the individual prices of drinks has gone up.....

Oh yeah! I had hear about that. It doesn't seem like much of an increase. Does it? Although, Princess has been "sneaky" with how they have done some price increases, a little at first and then more when there wasn't a huge squawk about it. So I wonder if they will do something similar with their drinks? [emoji57]Hope not. I don't think we will continue doing the AIBP.

Although the AIBP has increased in price also, what I was making note of is that the individual prices of drinks has gone up.....

Aside from mocktails, I only drink beer, not liquor nor cocktails. I only check beer prices and does not need the AIBP spreadsheet for analysis. For me, I find the increase minimal to reconsider my previous position not to buy the AIBP, nor the spreadsheet be updated.

At least someone else has posted the $52/day cost ($59.80/day with gratuity) but the website shows the cost at $57.45/day with gratuity which would be $49.95/day. The conflicting information is confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At least someone else has posted the $52/day cost ($59.80/day with gratuity) but the website shows the cost at $57.45/day with gratuity which would be $49.95/day. The conflicting information is confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is!! The new Patters I've seen posted show a $52/day price plus gratuity.

The website shows the $57.45 price (including gratuity)

I wonder if they are testing the pre booking at a lower rate than on the cruise?

I brought home a plastic drink glass from a Princess cruise a year or two ago to use in our RV. It was one of the regular "footed" ones used for sailaway drinks, I think. Brought another one home from a Jan. 2017 cruise & didn't realize until I saw them together how much smaller the newer one was! Big difference, but wouldn't have realized it if I hadn't seen the two together.