Port Everglades taxi

sho

From the time we stepped out of the building to us and luggage in a cab............................took less than 5 min.

They are lined up raring to go, suvs, and regular car cabs.

No problem getting the cab.

Sorry do not know the answer to the second part of your question on the cost to Miami..........we only use the cabs to FLL airport.

Sea Ya

• 2 weeks later...
From the time we stepped out of the building to us and luggage in a cab............................took less than 5 min.

They are lined up raring to go, suvs, and regular car cabs.

No problem getting the cab.

Sorry do not know the answer to the second part of your question on the cost to Miami..........we only use the cabs to FLL airport.

Sea Ya

Please could you share cost of taxi to FLL airport and how long it will take ?

I live in the UK. How does Uber work in Fort Lauderdale port? How will I know which cab to get on to?

Uber in FLL area works just like Uber in UK (or at least in London). Download the app to your smart phone - you'll need to set up your phone to work in the USA and have access to data. Request a ride and when an Uber driver accepts you his picture, name, vehicle info and expected arrival time will show. Some drivers may call/text to verify your location. After your ride you will receive an email with a receipt showing the total charges, and you will have an opportunity to rate your driver (from 1-5 stars) - your driver will also rate you, so remember you manners. ;)

If you are going from PE to FLL I would not bother - just grab a taxi for about $15. If you are going to the MIA airport - about an hour away - I would choose Uber for about $40 compared to a taxi for $76-80+tip.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint - bitter please! :D

Where at the airport do you go for a pick up by Uber or Lyft? Is it near the taxis? I always have lots of luggage and wondered how far from the baggage area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's in the area where the hotel shuttles pickup. There are signs which I think say something like "shared ride". We come in at terminal 1 most times on Southwest. You exit the terminal and walk to the right where there is an island where the hotel shuttles pick people up. The Uber pickup is the first sign.

Many thanks for the info. Have read here on Cruise Critic some taxi drivers try to overcharge in Fort Lauderdale, so having an idea will help.Thanks again.

Yes! This is true! Some drivers try to charge a "flat rate". There are signs posted that state that all fares are metered. I take a photo of the sign while waiting for the taxi & when this happens I hand the metered fare charge to the driver & no tip. I have the picture in hand & remind the driver that it would be metered fares only. Make a mental note of the drivers name if you are inclined to report the incident. (should clarify that I'm referring to ship to FLL)