MSC Seaside -What is included in your fare?

lakers4life

I've heard that MSC has additional charges more often than say Carnival or NCL(which we have cruised before). We are considering booking a cruise on the Seaside but wanted to know what we can expect as far as additional charges. Can anyone please give me a basic rundown on what is included and what has extra charges on this ship? What drinks are included in main dining room and buffet? What activities are an additional charge(I know zip-lining) and any idea how much? Do specialty restaurants have a flat fee or a-la-carte and what are prices? Anything else? Thanks for the help

I have found MSC to have the least amount of pay extra than either NCL or Carnival and lot less expensive too.

I think you may have heard about the bottled water at dinner, this a main land European thing so they don't serve tap water in main dinning room. I have heard that if you book through USA you get free water.

I have not heard of any extra charges that are different to other main cruise lines. It would probably be easier to say what you want to do & we can tell you if there is a charge

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

I've heard that MSC has additional charges more often than say Carnival or NCL(which we have cruised before). We are considering booking a cruise on the Seaside but wanted to know what we can expect as far as additional charges. Can anyone please give me a basic rundown on what is included and what has extra charges on this ship? What drinks are included in main dining room and buffet? What activities are an additional charge(I know zip-lining) and any idea how much? Do specialty restaurants have a flat fee or a-la-carte and what are prices? Anything else? Thanks for the help

What is included depends on what experience you have but everyone can have basic drinks, water, fruit cordial type soft drinks, tea and coffee from the buffet drinks stations

MDR has no drinks at al included in the fare.

The Bella experience has nothing included

The Fantastica Experience is due to get and drinks package of 10 or 12 vouchers per person this year, probably from April 1st

The Aurea experience includes an All inclusive drinks package and a free massage and free access to the exclusive sun deck .

The speciality restaurants have A-la-cart menus

There is a daily service charge added ~ 10 euros pppd

All drinks not bought with a package have a 15% service charge added

The F1 simulator, 4D cinema and 10 pin bowling alley can be bought for $35 per cabin and gives unlimited access to the three entertainments for all occupants of the cabin.

These are the things I can think of quickly

Pete

I too am interested in more information on the Seaside, already booked for the Dec. 30th 2017 sailing.

One question I have is in regards to the zip line, does anyone know if it is free or not?

Thanks in advance for any help!

William

At the main dining room on Divina, all the water with lemon slices(DW), and ice tea for me was happily provided upon request and waiting for me on arrival from second evening forward.....also, coffee with dessert served with a smile.

From my understanding, this is the case for sailings out of Miami(Divina, Seaside), not Europe.

What is included depends on what experience you have but everyone can have basic drinks, water, fruit cordial type soft drinks, tea and coffee from the buffet drinks stations

MDR has no drinks at al included in the fare.

The Bella experience has nothing included

The Fantastica Experience is due to get and drinks package of 10 or 12 vouchers per person this year, probably from April 1st

The Aurea experience includes an All inclusive drinks package and a free massage and free access to the exclusive sun deck .

The speciality restaurants have A-la-cart menus

There is a daily service charge added ~ 10 euros pppd

All drinks not bought with a package have a 15% service charge added

The F1 simulator, 4D cinema and 10 pin bowling alley can be bought for $35 per cabin and gives unlimited access to the three entertainments for all occupants of the cabin.

Pete

this is the first I have heard but we are travelling on the Fantastica in September as Bella was sold out

fruit cordial type soft drinks

Just to clarify: this is juice, right? (Orange juice, apple juice, guava, what have you.) That is, unless something has changed in the last several months.

"Soft drinks" to an American means carbonated flavored drinks - "soda" or "pop" (ie. Coke/Pepsi, but also Sprite, Orange Crush and other nominally fruit flavored drinks.) Soda pop is included in the All Inclusive drink packages, but not otherwise. That is generally consistent with any of the cruise lines sailing out of the US in this price range, except for Disney (which is arguably not in the same price point anyway.)

To the OP: MSC does not nickle-and-dime quite as much as Carnival, and I've heard NCL is much worse (though have no direct experience). You can pay for premium restaurants, gelato, coffee, etc., but MSC doesn't quite have it's hands in your pockets as much as the others. The benefit of a family owned company, as opposed to a strictly profit driven corporation. That said, I've done well with the CCL stock, and love that shareholders' OBC, so it's working for me. :D

To the OP: MSC does not nickle-and-dime quite as much as Carnival, and I've heard NCL is much worse (though have no direct experience). You can pay for premium restaurants, gelato, coffee, etc., but MSC doesn't quite have it's hands in your pockets as much as the others. The benefit of a family owned company, as opposed to a strictly profit driven corporation. That said, I've done well with the CCL stock, and love that shareholders' OBC, so it's working for me. :D

Agree. MSC is giving away OBC if you book Seaside right now. Book onboard and you get additional OBC. 5% off cruise price if you are a repeat cruiser. Hardly nickeling and diming.

Edited by sfaaa

I talked to a travel agent and even a customer rep for MSC and they were not very helpful. I then found a travel agent with a good deal that sounded rather knowledgeable. Here's what he said:

1) Bowling, F1 Simulator and 5D Theater would be an extra cost … estimated at $60 per cabin for unlimited use.

2) Zip-line is free.

3) Cirque du Soleil Dinner Show will be extra (mush less than the $120 price in Las Vegas).

• 1 month later...
At the main dining room on Divina, all the water with lemon slices(DW), and ice tea for me was happily provided upon request and waiting for me on arrival from second evening forward.....also, coffee with dessert served with a smile.

From my understanding, this is the case for sailings out of Miami(Divina, Seaside), not Europe.

I am sooooo happy to hear this. We will be unfortunately on a tight budget if we are blessed enough to sail msc this fall. I was thinking we would purchase the drink voucher coupons as were not big drinkers but we like to eat dinner in the dining roomand we dont drink alcohol with dinner I know you can use the coupons for soda or iced tea I guess but thats not maxing out the value. The iced tea and water will be great though!

Pete

Where did you read this? I have not seen any pricing for these items of the ziplines.

Where did you read this? I have not seen any pricing for these items of the ziplines.

On my invoice

ENTERTAINMENT%20PACKAGE%20001.jpg

This was last season's price , of course they may have introduced a new price now

Pete

I felt a little aggrieved to be charged €8 for 18 minutes use of the 'internet cafe' on the Armonia. It's been my experience that hotels always give you a set amount of free time to use physical terminals so I didn't pay too much attention to the login screen, I only noticed the charge when I logged out.

On my invoice

ENTERTAINMENT%20PACKAGE%20001.jpg

This was last season's price , of course they may have introduced a new price now

Pete

So this was not on the Seaside which is what the poster asked about. This is why I was confused.

I talked to a travel agent and even a customer rep for MSC and they were not very helpful. I then found a travel agent with a good deal that sounded rather knowledgeable. Here's what he said:

1) Bowling, F1 Simulator and 5D Theater would be an extra cost … estimated at $60 per cabin for unlimited use.

2) Zip-line is free.

3) Cirque du Soleil Dinner Show will be extra (mush less than the $120 price in Las Vegas).

Seems no one really knows until MSC decides to let us know. Until then I think it is all speculation.

• 8 months later...
Has anyone been on the MSC Seaside by now and actually KNOWS the prices (of the extra entertainment like bowling etc.)?

Have not been on yet but have been provided information from folks who have.

First, the zipline is now for fee. Picture below is from a Daily on this week's cruise.

26230525_10215145515301093_2893637279007895577_n.jpg?oh=1da416754fbe172f2478774ac6574858&oe=5AB58237

$10 for one person to ride once or $50 for the entire cabin to ride unlimited number of times.

There is now a fee for the interactive slideboard as well but no picture has been provided and my source was not certain is it included if you pay the $50 per cabin or a separate fee.

Bowling, interactive movies, F1 simulator, and billiards are available on a pay for use basis.

Bowling is $25 for lane for 30 minutes and shoe rental is $2 per person, bowling shoes required. The Daily I've seen said 4 persons are allowed per lane for the $25 but my source said they were allowing up to six. You could pay more for longer lane use think it was $45 for one hour.

Billiards is $10 for 15 minutes.

The interactive movies are $10 each per person.

Only confirmed offer is $25 gets you $30 worth, $50 gets you $65, $70 gets you $100, and $100 gets you $160 on Seaside. So no $89 unlimited like Divina. Some have reported being able to share a $100 gets you $160 option with others in their cabin.

YC Cabanas are $149 on sea days and $99 on port days.

I've been told they were charging $110 for YC guests to bring a non-YC guest into the YC where they were not allowed in the dining room or bar area only the YC guest's cabin.

I have not read or had anyone aboard report to me they were selling passes to the Aurea sun deck yet on Seaside.

Passes to the Aurea spa.

24312723_10154901767436050_7009049341549094214_n.jpg?oh=deb85a73456ba643079a9f4d42aa62ca&oe=5A89B823

$60 per day single and $340 single for the week.

Have a source who also said they were charged a gratuity on the fee to upgrade their drinks plan to Deluxe when done on the ship, and also to book the $69 trio in the specialty restaurants.

....MSC doesn't quite have it's hands in your pockets as much as the others. ....

Can't agree with that one. I've never paid for coffee and breakfast in my stateroom on any other line ($7/day on MSC). Zip lines on RCC are no charge (as is their "sanctuary" equivalent). Charge for theater shows don't exist on others. Guess we're just spoiled by Princess and Celebrity.

Even so, we're looking forward to trying something new. And the upcharges are something we're prepared for. I'll just go to buffet and get my morning coffee and bring back to enjoy on the balcony.