Getaway - coffee maker & "waterfront"

Holly1225

I've never been on an NCL cruise & am going on the Getaway next month. I have two questions -- 1) We are in a Standard Balcony room. Am I correct that there is a coffee maker in the room. If so, are the coffee makers the kind that use Keurig coffee pods; some other kind of coffee pod (if so what kind) or do they use the hotel-type coffee in a pre-packaged coffee filter. I'd like to bring my own so it tastes better, so I need to know what to buy.

2) We are looking for quiet, peaceful places to sit, eat or enjoy a drink. A few people have mentioned "the waterfront." What is it & where is it on the ship. I've never been on a ship even half the size of this so I'm a little scared I won't find something like that.

Thanks in advance

The Waterfront is basically a deck where the restaurants spill out into the open air, so you can enjoy views of the sea outside, rather than eating in an enclosed space. It will be well signposted, so I don't think you need to worry about finding it.

An alternative quiet space might be Vibe, but you need to pay extra to get access to that and go straight to the Guest Services to do so, as it sells out quickly.

I'm afraid I can't answer on the coffee machines. Hope you have a great time though!

1) If you're looking to bring your own coffee- get the Senseo pods available at Walmart or Amazon

2) The waterfront is deck 8. It starts at the forward stairs/elevators (both port and starboard access) and wraps around the aft of the ship. There are a few of the specialty restaurants and the Sunset Bar that have outdoor seating here. You will also find the ice cream shop where you can purchase home made gelato. One of the best decks on the ship- Enjoy!

• 2 months later...
Thanks everyone. Based on BirdTravels picture (BTW - great idea) I take it those who responded that the coffee makers use pods mean the "soft" pods. I've looked on Amazon & Walmart & they do sell them.

The coffee looks like a large tea bag.

If you order just coffee in the morning from room service is there a 7.95 charge. First time on NCL for us. Thanks

Not true, you can order coffee, fruit, pastries, cereal without the service charge. The service charge $7.95 only applies if you order specialty items (example, omelets, bacon, etc...).

There is a card in your cabin that you can fill out and request what time you would like your coffee, etc... to be delivered in the morning. Just hang the card on the outside of your cabin door the night before.