Carnival's new online booking system

BarJen

what have they done?!

The new system adds the room to your cart and takes you right to the final step, it takes a bit of searching to find where you can select the rate and room location.

I am not a fan, I think this will be very confusing for some for sure.

what have they done?! The new system adds the room to your cart and takes you right to the final step, it takes a bit of searching to find where you can select the rate and room location.

I am not a fan, I think this will be very confusing for some for sure.

What website are you using. Nothing changed on Carnival's website when I try to do a mock booking.

I'm using Carnival's official website.

When I'm logged in I see the new method, if I close my browser and do a mock booking without logging in I see the old way.

strange :/

Edited by BarJen
clarification

no, it was selecting the guaranteed cabin option for me as a default.

I had to click around to find the option to select my rate and change the location.

Now it isn't doing it, maybe they were experimenting with something.

I'm not crazy, I promise!

When I logged on 5 days ago I got a prompt asking me if I would like to try the new shopping cart method Carnival was testing. I tried it both ways and agree with the OP. I didn't like the " cut to the chase " method of the cart design and prefer going through the steps to see available cabins to select, etc. If Carnival goes with the cart design it needs lots of work before going live full time.

When I logged on 5 days ago I got a prompt asking me if I would like to try the new shopping cart method Carnival was testing. I tried it both ways and agree with the OP. I didn't like the " cut to the chase " method of the cart design and prefer going through the steps to see available cabins to select, etc. If Carnival goes with the cart design it needs lots of work before going live full time.

I've not experienced the prompt. I login regularly and do searches. The only time I've ever experienced an issue w/ picking the cabin is if I accidentally chose "guarantee" cabin in a class. I always wish to check out the different cabin prices for cruises to determine if we want to move up or not.

Carnival did update their website. If you clear cache of your browser, next time you go to the website you will get a popup asking if you want to use the new or old website. At least thats how it works for me using google Chrome.

thank you, glad to know it wasn't just me seeing this :)

The same thing happened to me when I logged in looking for a cruise last month. I HATED the shopping cart method. Not only would it not let me select my room, I couldn't choose 2 cabins at a time. (at least as far as I could tell) I kept trying to get back to the old method, but could not find an option to do that so I cleared my cache and returned to the carnival website. This time when it asked me if I wanted to try the new method I said "no" and it has not asked me again.x

The same thing happened to me when I logged in looking for a cruise last month. I HATED the shopping cart method. Not only would it not let me select my room, I couldn't choose 2 cabins at a time. (at least as far as I could tell) I kept trying to get back to the old method, but could not find an option to do that so I cleared my cache and returned to the carnival website. This time when it asked me if I wanted to try the new method I said "no" and it has not asked me again.x

I too clicked on "Try our new method" with the shopping cart today and it was horrible! You couldn't pick your cabins. So I also cleared my cache and went back to the website, and that time, when I received the pop-up again asking if I wanted to try it, I quickly clicked "No" and went on to book my cruise. :D They definitely have more work to do on that!

this is happening to me today! I need to be logged in to see the specials I am looking at. I need to price different numbers of passengers, cabins, etc. I need this info but cannot get it. It takes me directly to the cart, with a cabin chosen for me, and no option to change number of guests...

I would try clearing my cache... but I need a clear your cache book for dummys... I am not that computer literate:o:confused:

The system took me right to the payment screen after they asked me to log in with my name and pw. And it said "you may add additional passengers after payment." So I made the deposit, then had to revert to some trick I found on another site in order to add my spouse. I used two different browsers. Both of them went the same way. When I first tried to add him, it said "full name change not allowed." Well that's fine. But I wasn't trying to change a name. Just wanted to add the second person in the room. I was able to get it done, but it took some maneuvering. I normally use a TA but didn't this time since this was just a short cruise leaving from my home port. It all reminded me of why I really would rather not book anything directly with Carnival - even online. Total PITA. The website is VERY glitchy. It's not everyone's PC or not knowing what they're doing.

The system took me right to the payment screen after they asked me to log in with my name and pw. And it said "you may add additional passengers after payment." So I made the deposit, then had to revert to some trick I found on another site in order to add my spouse. I used two different browsers. Both of them went the same way. When I first tried to add him, it said "full name change not allowed." Well that's fine. But I wasn't trying to change a name. Just wanted to add the second person in the room. I was able to get it done, but it took some maneuvering. I normally use a TA but didn't this time since this was just a short cruise leaving from my home port. It all reminded me of why I really would rather not book anything directly with Carnival - even online. Total PITA. The website is VERY glitchy. It's not everyone's PC or not knowing what they're doing.

I agree about the website. That's why I do everything through my PVP. It just makes it so much simpler.

I agree about the website. That's why I do everything through my PVP. It just makes it so much simpler.

I hear ya. I figured why bother since it's only 4 days and I don't need a hotel or anything. I doubt we will change our room. Very low maintenance booking. But I was sorry after I paid the deposit and then had to go through all that jazz just to add a name. The dining kept messing up even though I picked it. So I will keep an eye on that. Lawd Carnival!;p I may wind up transferring it over to him afterall. I can do that right?

I hear ya. I figured why bother since it's only 4 days and I don't need a hotel or anything. I doubt we will change our room. Very low maintenance booking. But I was sorry after I paid the deposit and then had to go through all that jazz just to add a name. The dining kept messing up even though I picked it. So I will keep an eye on that. Lawd Carnival!;p I may wind up transferring it over to him afterall. I can do that right?

You can transfer it, but he won't get credit for it. Well I don't know if it would actually transfer, but he could service it I guess. They get paid on the amount of bookings they make, not the days or cost of the cruise so even the short ones are worth giving him a call [emoji846].

You can transfer it, but he won't get credit for it. Well I don't know if it would actually transfer, but he could service it I guess. They get paid on the amount of bookings they make, not the days or cost of the cruise so even the short ones are worth giving him a call [emoji846].

Ok. Good to know. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk