Royal Cancelled My Fully Paid Cruise Reservation

I received a phone call from my TA this morning. She informed me that my reservation was cancelled again. That Royal was and is watching and working on it to resolve this. Patiently waiting to hear back. I am on the March 13th sailing. Empress of the seas

Another again?? Is a who (a person) or a what (a computer) the head of the IT department?

So now we are up to 4 people, 3 of whom had it fixed only to be been cancelled again. Sorry if it is bothersome that I am tracking this, but I simply cannot comprehend RCL's incompetence on this one!!!

Canuckle-head - Sailing Anthem March 12.

SeaTheWaves (x 2 - was fixed but then then it cancelled again)

hpy2b246 (x 2 - was fixed but then then it cancelled again)

Mrs Cheech (x 2 - was fixed but then then it cancelled again) - sailing Empress March 13

Canadian Disney Mom - I am happy you are tracking it here! I was trying to do it myself between the multiple threads.

To all of you impacted - I am SOO sorry this is happening and I hope this is sorted out and you get something in return! Between this and the situation with 918Baker over the $1400 - RCI has a lot of resolutions going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I mentioned yesterday, I have been advised by my travel agent that my cruise reservation was re-instated. Today, with great anticipation, we finally received our new booking confirmation - same cabin, so we still have the adjoining cabin with our kids thankfully. We have also received our specialty restaurant reservations, internet packages and beverage packages - though according to the invoice they are now charged separately rather than the "sip and stream" bundle (that might be a good thing so that my cruise doesn't get cancelled again!). I have yet to check and ensure that the charges for the drink and internet packages are correct. According to our travel agent, our reservation on the North Star has also been confirmed. We are still awaiting our iFly reservation and dining room reservations. Luckily we had no excursions booked.

I can say that Royal appears to be trying to fix the situation and making progress, so I give them props for that (notwithstanding that I am incredibly unhappy that this problem arose in the first place). I will withhold my final judgment though until I confirm that they have fixed everything. After seeing another post where one poor soul is going through the experience of having their cruise cancelled for a second time, I remain wary...

Thanks for the update.....I guess I did not see that you put something up yesterday.

Between this and the situation with 918Baker over the $1400 - RCI has a lot of resolutions going on!

CC reporting is probably just a very small fraction of what is happening - the real size of the issue for RCI is probably 100 fold.

Yes, my fully paid cruise reservation and everything in my calendar were cancelled twice by Royal Caribbean's system. My TA was able to get Royal Caribbean to reinstate my reservation and everything that I had in my calendar (dining, shows, excursion, drink packages and internet). I also was given an OBC. I hope for my TA sake this doesn't happen again. She spent a lot of time fixing their error.

Yes, my fully paid cruise reservation and everything in my calendar were cancelled twice by Royal Caribbean's system. My TA was able to get Royal Caribbean to reinstate my reservation and everything that I had in my calendar (dining, shows, excursion, drink packages and internet). I also was given an OBC. I hope for my TA sake this doesn't happen again. She spent a lot of time fixing their error.

Did you get the stuff back for what you previously paid? (Was it on sale when you bought?) I have not heard anything since 10am today.

Did you get the stuff back for what you previously paid? (Was it on sale when you bought?) I have not heard anything since 10am today.

Yes, I got everything back for the price I purchased them, including the discounted Sip & Stream discount.

Yes, I got everything back for the price I purchased them, including the discounted Sip & Stream discount.

Ok! Glad it all worked out for you! My TA told me yesterday they could not give me those prices back. We will see what I can do!

In my opinion they could reinstate everything you lost at the original price if they chose to. To have your cruise cancelled twice is unbelievable. It appears you both have excellent TA's working for you and that is how TA's should take care of their customers. Sadly as we all have read, some encounter some who do not. .

Ok! Glad it all worked out for you! My TA told me yesterday they could not give me those prices back. We will see what I can do!

My TA said she emailed and talked to people in the top office not reservation or resolution department. Plus I'm sure she raised hell when my reservation was cancelled the second time. I was told that my cabin number was released into the system both times for anyone to grab!

I hope things work out for you. Keep fighting for what you deserve, which is what you paid. The cruise line is at fault and you shouldn't be punished for their mistakes.

Edited by SeaTheWaves

Talk about adding insult to injury! You should be able to get the discounted prices. I have now been charged for all the cancelled reservations (internet, drink packages, specialty restaurants) at the discounted prices that I purchased them, including the Sip & Stream rate.

My current issue now appears to be that none of the reservations that Royal cancelled were refunded to my credit card but yet I have been charged again when they reinstated my reservations. ::sigh:: I've asked my travel agent to look into that tomorrow.

My wife and I don't use the internet on board even though as diamond members we are entitled to free time and after reading these terrible posts it is a warning to others not to change details as the saving is not worth the grief and worry they are experiencing. When we had the paper diamond vouchers we regularly gave what we did not want to other diamond members but can't now that it is done electronicaly.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

My wife and I don't use the internet on board even though as diamond members we are entitled to free time and after reading these terrible posts it is a warning to others not to change details as the saving is not worth the grief and worry they are experiencing. When we had the paper diamond vouchers we regularly gave what we did not want to other diamond members but can't now that it is done electronicaly.

Maybe that is the grand plan. They get people to buy and if the price drops or a special comes along people are so freaked out by what is happening they don't grab the better deal because they are too afraid that their pre-cruise anticipation will just turn into a nightmare. Big win for RCI's bottom line.

My current issue now appears to be that none of the reservations that Royal cancelled were refunded to my credit card but yet I have been charged again when they reinstated my reservations. ::sigh:: I've asked my travel agent to look into that tomorrow.

it takes longer for a refund to show up on your credit card statement than a charge, and they don't show up as a pending transaction so you have to wait to see it until it's completely posted to your card

I had the sailing info wrong. Here is the corrected info for the 4 people we know about:

hpy2b246 (x 2 - was fixed but then then it cancelled again) - Sailing Empress March 13

Mrs Cheech (x 2 - was fixed but then then it cancelled again) - sailing Anthem March 5

Maybe that is the grand plan. They get people to buy and if the price drops or a special comes along people are so freaked out by what is happening they don't grab the better deal because they are too afraid that their pre-cruise anticipation will just turn into a nightmare. Big win for RCI's bottom line.

You might be right or they only want customers who haven't yet booked to be wooed by the offer.

Do ask for the better deal because your reservation might be cancelled? That is how you think a business should be run?

Warning! Do not try to get a better deal, if one is offered, as your reservation might be cancelled. :evilsmile:

Do ask for the better deal because your reservation might be cancelled? That is how you think a business should be run?

Warning! Do not try to get a better deal, if one is offered, as your reservation might be cancelled. :evilsmile:

That is what seems to be happening with these unfortunate cruisers which I have already said is terrible customer service.

I used to work in the IT field as a Software Developer. I'm horrified they let the "code" that is causing this issue into production. "Bugs" of this magnitude should never see the light of day. At the same time, I'm not surprised. It is pretty clear to me that we (those of us using the RCI web site) are effectively RCI's Quality Assurance department. I see no evidence that anyone else is doing any testing. Having worked in a shop that didn't do QA, I can say it is no way to run a business.

On the positive side of things, I'm fairly certain this all falls under the category of gross negligence rather than a deliberate nefarious act. Frankly, I don't think RCI's IT department (so-called) is capable of creating something deliberately nefarious. On top of that, given the timing and the repeat cancellations, RCI is running a huge risk of sailing "fully booked" ships with lots of empty cancelled cabins. While the pricing surprises that come from this look like corporate greed, the risk of sailing with an empty cabin has a much greater economic impact. If it is greed, they are stepping on dollars while reaching for pennies.

I hope all the cancelled cabins get resolved so that everyone gets the cruise vacation they booked and purchased.

I used to work in the IT field as a Software Developer. I'm horrified they let the "code" that is causing this issue into production. "Bugs" of this magnitude should never see the light of day. At the same time, I'm not surprised. It is pretty clear to me that we (those of us using the RCI web site) are effectively RCI's Quality Assurance department. I see no evidence that anyone else is doing any testing. Having worked in a shop that didn't do QA, I can say it is no way to run a business.

On the positive side of things ...

... if someone's reservation is cancelled for a third time, they get a free set of steak knives for two and a free bottle of water.

Talk about adding insult to injury! You should be able to get the discounted prices. I have now been charged for all the cancelled reservations (internet, drink packages, specialty restaurants) at the discounted prices that I purchased them, including the Sip & Stream rate.

Can you dispute the original charges with your credit card, or were they charged a while ago now?

Don't let it go on for too long, like the thread where the person thought the TA was handling the $1400.00 charge to their card, in error, and month's went by, before she found out nothing was ever done.

I had the sailing info wrong. Here is the corrected info for the 4 people we know about:

hpy2b246 (x 2 - was fixed but then then it cancelled again) - Sailing Empress March 13

Mrs Cheech (x 2 - was fixed but then then it cancelled again) - sailing Anthem March 5

Add me to the list! Oasis March 12 cruise cancelled twice - once on February 4, and then again on February 8. Both reservations reinstated, but still waiting on more than $1800 in refunds from cancelled specialty dining, drink and internet packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums