Royal Cancelled My Fully Paid Cruise Reservation

This happened to us back in November 2015. My travel agent was very limited in what the 'travel agent' channel could do. I personally contacted Vicki Freed, VP of Sales and Marketing.....and someone from her department contacted me.....it took them days to resolve it.

Vicki Freed's email address is:vfreed@rccl.com.

I would send an email NOW to Vicki Freed and copy your travel agent. Put every detail you have including RESERVATION number, complete names, cabin number, including the fact that you have another cabin booked for your kids that was NOT cancelled. The fear you have is REAL about the reassignment of your cabin to another booking (because as you say, they take reservations all the time).

Send the email NOW. Alert them to the fact that your fear is that someone will book the cabin you HAD ON YOUR RESERVATION. They can take the cabin out of inventory, while they fix the rest.

All the other items like reservations, they will be able to fix as well.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi everyone,

I'm new to CC and had signed up as I was wanting to join the roll call for my up and coming cruise. (Been with royal the past six years and have brought friends or family the past three years.)

Problem being this year they have CANCELLED my trip.

Bear with me here goes......

My wife booked the trip with our travel agent back in February. So on the booking was my wife me our son and our newborn who was to be born on the 28th March. Also we were bringing my wife's parents on their first cruise. On booking our travel agent rang us about a query on her age from RCI stating the 6 month infant policy. But we made it known on departure day that she would be 24 weeks and 5 days. The girl on the phone from royal took this info and passed it on to management support after a quick conversation she came back on the line and stated that the booking was ok from her management and we proceeded to book and paid in full around the start of April.

We knew no more and were gearing up for a week cruise around the med everything in order until last Friday when our TA rang and stated that Royal were pulling the booking over our infants age. Needless to say sparks started to fly as flights to Barcelona had been booked time off work etc.etc. since Friday we haven't heard much from Royal and we have been going through the head royal person in Ireland.

Has anyone had anything like this happen them around infant age and if so what came of it. Also any info or contacts you may have would be great as I will contact anyone I can to try get us on the cruise, as it stands we have heard from no-one and are expecting the worst that we will have no trip to go on even though they took the booking and all was grand at the time.

TIA

Martin

If I am reading this correct the TA took the booking then RC came back with questions regarding the age.

Whilst I agree that RC should have dealt with it better at that time a good TA should know the minimum age requirements and should not have taken the booking to start with.

I would be interested to know if you had just checked in on line shortly before they cancelled. Entering the birthdate may have triggered them catching the age issue. I am curious as to whether your wife heard the TA's conversation with RC. Is it possible that the TA advised RC that your baby was old enough when in fact you were short a few days.

I am also surprised that you paid in full in April for a September cruise. If you chose to that's your choice, but most TA's in UK take a deposit with full payment about 90 days out.

If that was my TA I would be getting them to refund everything.They are your representative and they should know the rules. It sounds like they didn't even question it until RC contacted them. And then they should have had the response in writing given 24 weeks is clearly less than 6 months that they were advised.

Here is an idea. If a cancellation is done due to a glitch,mistake or on purpose do not release the stateroom for 90 hours packages and dining do not get cancelled as welp as excursi9ns etc. . Email the guest with the subject Your cruise has been cancellrd with a link to Yes this is correct or No this is in error and CC Travel Agent. If no response in 24 hours zend another email and calll atjd one more 12 hours before automatic cancellationm What says you? A very sinple software code to write and execute.

Here is an idea. If a cancellation is done due to a glitch,mistake or on purpose do not release the stateroom for 90 hours packages and dining do not get cancelled as welp as excursi9ns etc. . Email the guest with the subject Your cruise has been cancellrd with a link to Yes this is correct or No this is in error and CC Travel Agent. If no response in 24 hours zend another email and calll atjd one more 12 hours before automatic cancellationm What says you? A very sinple software code to write and execute.

There is nothing simple for Royal Caribbean's IT department.

So brillohead, explain why the booking was accepted and taken day 1. They accepted the 24 weeks not me I don't make the rules. Again I'll reiterate this went to management support and it was they that approved the booking. Not me I just footed the bill.

Brillohead makes a good point. The policy is in months and not weeks however someone should have caught it at booking. Sorry you got caught in the middle.

• 8 months later...

How did your situation turn out. Same thing just happened to us. I got on line to purchase drink pkgs and count find our booking. Called RCl, no explanation, said to file a claim?????? We sail in 33 with our family. Our JS, is gone. I need answers from them. They said, we'll be refunded soon. I don't want refund. I want my JS back. I tried explaining error is theirs. I still have flights and hotel. None of this makes sense. Hoping someone has answers. There is no email in regards to this either. Please help

How did your situation turn out. Same thing just happened to us. I got on line to purchase drink pkgs and count find our booking. Called RCl, no explanation, said to file a claim?????? We sail in 33 with our family. Our JS, is gone. I need answers from them. They said, we'll be refunded soon. I don't want refund. I want my JS back. I tried explaining error is theirs. I still have flights and hotel. None of this makes sense. Hoping someone has answers. There is no email in regards to this either. Please help

Do you have your invoice(s) for the cruise? I always save them on my hard drive and print them. I also keep the email that RCI sends to confirm booking, price changes, full payment etc.

No time to waste....email Michael Bayley (Pres of RCCL) at mbayley@rccl.com as well as Vicki Freed (Senior VP of Sales) at vfreed@rccl.com. Someone from one of their offices if not both will reach out to you.

In the email provide them with as much details as possible, including of course your reservation number, along with a copy of your paid invoice.

When it happened to us, our travel agent was almost useless but Mr. Bayley and Ms. Freed's offices took care of getting our reservation and room reassigned to us.

Thank you everyone. I am Happy yo announced that I received a call from RCL this morning. My reservation has been corrected. Tears of joy here. Outstanding customer service. I will forever be grateful. I'm looking forward to making memories with my Grandchildren. :halo:

Thank you everyone. I am Happy yo announced that I received a call from RCL this morning. My reservation has been corrected. Tears of joy here. Outstanding customer service. I will forever be grateful. I'm looking forward to making memories with my Grandchildren. :halo:

Glad it worked out for you!!

I am glad it all worked out for you.