Royal Cancelled My Fully Paid Cruise Reservation

Add me to the list! Oasis March 12 cruise cancelled twice - once on February 4, and then again on February 8. Both reservations reinstated, but still waiting on more than $1800 in refunds from cancelled specialty dining, drink and internet packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So RCI can cancel cruises that are paid in full and they can tie up $1800.00 of yours that they are not entitled to. Must be nice to be able to do business that way.:rolleyes:

I used to work in the IT field as a Software Developer. I'm horrified they let the "code" that is causing this issue into production. "Bugs" of this magnitude should never see the light of day. At the same time, I'm not surprised. It is pretty clear to me that we (those of us using the RCI web site) are effectively RCI's Quality Assurance department. I see no evidence that anyone else is doing any testing. Having worked in a shop that didn't do QA, I can say it is no way to run a business.

As someone who just retired after 37 years as a software developer, I have to agree. Unfortunately, QA as we used to know it is a thing of the past. Nowadays, the code just has to pass some "user stories" and then out it goes. The bug in this case, however, I would consider to be very serious and if it truly has occurred multiple times over a period of time, I find it unbelievable that it hasn't been fixed yet.

Add me to the list! Oasis March 12 cruise cancelled twice - once on February 4, and then again on February 8. Both reservations reinstated, but still waiting on more than $1800 in refunds from cancelled specialty dining, drink and internet packages.

Wow! Was yours caused by cancelling and rebooking something in your Cruise Planner too?

I believe you are mistaken I placed a 24 hr hold on a cruise last week.

Once again there's no consistency. The 24 hour holds have been removed from some, but not all, sailings.

Wow! Was yours caused by cancelling and rebooking something in your Cruise Planner too?

RC could not explain why it was cancelled the first time. The second time they said it was cancelled because I had a mysterious balance of $80, but couldn't tell us what the balance was for. I did cancel and repurchase drink and internet packages, so I'm guessing that is was triggered the cancellations. I check the website each day to make sure I still have a reservation, but I'm not going anywhere near that cruise planner again!

RC could not explain why it was cancelled the first time. The second time they said it was cancelled because I had a mysterious balance of $80, but couldn't tell us what the balance was for. I did cancel and repurchase drink and internet packages, so I'm guessing that is was triggered the cancellations. I check the website each day to make sure I still have a reservation, but I'm not going anywhere near that cruise planner again!

Brutal! Their IT is a hot mess

Talk about adding insult to injury! You should be able to get the discounted prices. I have now been charged for all the cancelled reservations (internet, drink packages, specialty restaurants) at the discounted prices that I purchased them, including the Sip & Stream rate.

My current issue now appears to be that none of the reservations that Royal cancelled were refunded to my credit card but yet I have been charged again when they reinstated my reservations. ::sigh:: I've asked my travel agent to look into that tomorrow.

I have a new reservation # but, still waiting....... for a resolution and to find out what will be done about my purchases. I also have not been refunded for anything and never got a cancellation for the Sip & Stream package. I don't know what is taking so long. This afternoon when I called my TA she said she didn't want to push too hard... UGH this is their mistake!

I have a new reservation # but, still waiting....... for a resolution and to find out what will be done about my purchases. I also have not been refunded for anything and never got a cancellation for the Sip & Stream package. I don't know what is taking so long. This afternoon when I called my TA she said she didn't want to push too hard... UGH this is their mistake!

The TA should be pushing RC because they made the booking for your cruise and I would let them know if they want future business from you they need to sort it pronto.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Why? She doesn't want RCI to get huffy over mistakes that they are making and the impact that they are having on other people's lives?

Well happily I emerged from my cancellation and rebooking unscathed. I think that the fact that I called and Royal's customer service person cancelled my original Voom and Beverage package and switched me themselves saved me. My credit appeared on my charge card today after 8 days and I looked and my booking is still there. Whew! I admit I was concerned. I think everyone that was affected did their own cancellation and rebooking of the offer. I hope they all get it resolved to their satisfaction quickly!!

Maybe it is time for a new travel agent....resolving issues is what they are there for.

Well said - your TA is out of line if they are not fighting for you all day to get this fixed. And fast.

I can tell you this....when we had our booking cancelled back in 2015, it had nothing to do with any other issue as it appears this current issue is attached to and therefore affecting many cruise bookings. My TA was very ineffective in resolving the problem -- her 'travel agency chain of command' was useless. Needless to say, she NEVER got another booking from us. It took me going directly to senior members of the executive team at Royal to have people in their department solve the problem. We did get a nice OBC for all of the headache. Since the current situation seems to be a widespread problem maybe they will be less open to giving OBC's and just getting all the reservations back to what they were, they feel should be 'good enough'.....if I was the cruiser that would not be 'good enough'.

Appears to me that your TA is a little too cozy with Royal Caribbean. Your TA represents you, not the cruise line. Once this is finally cleared up, I suggest a search for another TA who understand who is the customer in this relationship.

When does a reservation fall off My Cruises? I sail Sunday. Cruise planner shuts down tonight at Midnight. I do not want to have a stroke if I wake up in the morning and my reservation is gone :)

Don't know exactly, but sometime in the last 72 hours.

Royal is still working to resolve all my cancellation issues. My travel agent indicates that she believes Royal is working hard to fix things. We have almost everything that was cancelled back in place but I am still waiting for our iFly reservation and a few MyTime dining reservations to be reinstated. Today my travel agent worked out with Royal all the refunds due to me for a bunch of cancelled items (internet packages, beverage packages, restaurant reservations, etc) totaling approx. $2,400. Apparently those refunds have now been processed today though I must wait to see them posted to my credit card account. Strange that Royal appears to have had no problem charging me again to replace all the items they cancelled but then failed to actually process refunds for all the items they cancelled in the first place. Anyways, I do feel like I am getting very close to having this mess resolved - crossing my fingers I won't be one of the poor souls who has their reservation cancelled for a second time.

Royal is still working to resolve all my cancellation issues. My travel agent indicates that she believes Royal is working hard to fix things. We have almost everything that was cancelled back in place but I am still waiting for our iFly reservation and a few MyTime dining reservations to be reinstated. Today my travel agent worked out with Royal all the refunds due to me for a bunch of cancelled items (internet packages, beverage packages, restaurant reservations, etc) totaling approx. $2,400. Apparently those refunds have now been processed today though I must wait to see them posted to my credit card account. Strange that Royal appears to have had no problem charging me again to replace all the items they cancelled but then failed to actually process refunds for all the items they cancelled in the first place. Anyways, I do feel like I am getting very close to having this mess resolved - crossing my fingers I won't be one of the poor souls who has their reservation cancelled for a second time.

If this is ever resolved, you will need an extra vacation. I can't imagine the headache/heartache this has caused you and your family. Best wishes for a successful resolution.