Rewards "match" on different lines

SunnyKitty

Does anyone heard of cruise lines "matching" reward level from an other line?

We cruised before mostly with 1 line and although our reward status is not huge, it has some useful benefits. But I want to switch lines and start using other one..Getting same benefits there from the beginning would made switch so much easier :)

So.. was it ever done? I know I will need to call and ask, but I wanted to know first

depends on the two lines. MSC has begun matching everybody, in the hopes of luring people away.

RCI, Azamara and Celebrity will match( up to a certain level.. highest you can get on Royal is Diamond for instance) as they are all under the same parent company/

but Carnival , Princess etc will NOT even though they too are under one parent company.

and as far as I can tell I cannot take my Royal status and get equivalent status on Princess.

No clue about Disney or NCL.

Princess counts P&O cruises to your account with them. The reverse is not done[/quote

At one time, after P&O Princess line was taken over by Carnival, P&O accepted Princess points also- my first P&O points were from Princess, in 2007. I've a feeling that they were just half the points, though... As you say, it doesn't happen now from P&O, but I believe that Princess still accept P&O points in full.

We are extremely pleased with Royal Caribbean honouring our Celebrity status.

It was a complete surprise. We are elite on Celebrity. This made us diamond status on RCI.

This gave us access to private lounge, concierge, open lounge bar in the evening, plus three drinks each were loaded on our pass cards. We could use them in any bar between 5 and 8 pm.

This was completely independent of what cabin class we booked. Bravo RCI!

But you won't earn status points/days on your originating line but you can enroll for both and see which you end up with higher status level.

Beginning at RCI Platinum and Celebrity Classic, and maxing out at RCI Diamond and Celebrity Elite (all higher tiers with both are at those levels as well), the benefits with each loyalty program are reciprocal as defined by each tier. The actual points earned remain separate to the cruise line's program on which you are sailing. So you will have reciprocal status on both with each cruise taken, but cumulative points remain separate with each program as earned per cruise. Each next tier level has to be achieved by actual points earned but once accomplished each tier as indicated shares the reciprocal benefits.

It is a very nice program that is unique to the RCI family. MSC does offer a matching tier level acceptance from other lines for new cruisers to entice them to try them.

• 1 year later...