Price increase for mid ship?

I haven't cruised in several years. I always had to book a room mid ship due to seasickness. Recently, while looking at bookings for carnival glory, I notice that the basic rate is for upper/lower indoor cabin. In order to pick a cabin in the middle that is not an upper/lower, it wants to charge me over $200 more per person. It used to only cost about $50 more than the lowest price listed to get a mid ship cabin. (I always booked indoor, mid ship, not upper/lower.) Am I missing something?

Also, what happens if they give you an upper/lower and you can't use it due to mobility issues?

I haven't cruised in several years. I always had to book a room mid ship due to seasickness. Recently, while looking at bookings for carnival glory, I notice that the basic rate is for upper/lower indoor cabin. In order to pick a cabin in the middle that is not an upper/lower, it wants to charge me over $200 more per person. It used to only cost about $50 more than the lowest price listed to get a mid ship cabin. (I always booked indoor, mid ship, not upper/lower.) Am I missing something?

Also, what happens if they give you an upper/lower and you can't use it due to mobility issues?

If you have mobility issues, you should choose a room that can accommodate those.

Mid-ship rooms have become somewhat of a premium, due to the less motion part as you mentioned, and some people prefer being centrally located so they don't have to walk across the entire ship to get somewhere.

Also, I haven't been to these boards in a while. Is there a way to make the message title writing smaller? The text for message threads is huge, only allowing me to view about 5 message titles at a time. Thanks!

CC recently revamped the web site. Some like it the new version, many do not. Like the rest of us, you'll just have to get used to the changes. I don't think there's anything you can do to adjust the appearance or font size.

The Category 1A Upper/Lowers are not included in any Guarantee pool. They won't "give you" one. You have to specifically choose one.

The exception would be if you booked a 1A Guarantee which rarely but sometimes appear as an option on true "last second/ 3 days to go/ 2 cabins remaining" departures.

We only book balcony or OS, midship, deck 7 (when available), we love the location and it helps with the motion (DH has tendency towards motion sickness). We always pay more than the lower decks and usually more than forward or aft, it is what it is but we will get the cabin we want.

The Category 1A Upper/Lowers are not included in any Guarantee pool. They won't "give you" one. You have to specifically choose one.

Incorrect.... When you choose an inside guarantee, there is a disclaimer advising you may have a cabin with "upper/lower accommodations." If you book OV or Balc guarantee you do not run into this problem.

I know people who booked inside guarantees, and got stuck with the 1A in the past.

IF you are fixed on the date, you will have to go with the current prices. It is simply, supply and demand. If you can be more flexible, then probably you can find a lower rate. But in your case with you wanting a certain type of cabin and area, then a guarantee booking is not for you.

Incorrect.... When you choose an inside guarantee, there is a disclaimer advising you may have a cabin with "upper/lower accommodations." If you book OV or Balc guarantee you do not run into this problem.

I know people who booked inside guarantees, and got stuck with the 1A in the past.

So true. My FIL got stuck in a 1A on an inside guarantee and he was miserable. He was used to sleeping in a queen size bed and the twin just did not cut it.