Harmony LIVE, March 11th - 18th. Come Sail Away!!!

Andrew whew to your issues. That treatment was horrible and I was frustrated for you and could visualize everything going one. I take it that the Harmony in November was not Star Class?

Thank you for explaining in detail.

I need to get on another ship with you two. :)

I bet you could even visualize each stop along our walk during embarkation. I think you might even know who Napoleon is. IMHO he doesn't hold a candle to the old Suite Greeter Robert.

You are correct, November was a CLS. Yes, it would be nice to hit the same ship as you again. I look forward to the day.

I'm there in Feb. I'll post some pics to repay the favour. Napoleon best not mess with my cruise experience in August!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank-you in advance for the pics. Hopefully your August experience goes as smooth as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I said goodbye to the final cabin crawl guests and did a little reorganization and clean up. I put the empties in my normal drop spot for Seepaul and Nelson. They were out in the hallway so I thanked them for getting the cabin ready, as well as for the beverages.

It was now 20 minutes before high noon so I headed up to see Lisa for a few minutes at the pool and to let here know that the meeting was set. She was soon off to get Owen at kids jail (I mean club) and I was off to Guest Services.

I took the elevator to deck six and walked down the winding staircase from the Schooner Bar to Guest Services. Low and behold Alexandra was waiting for me out and greeted me with a smile.

Is this going to be awkward? Possibly.

2G95Wq0ZztM

Edited by A&L_Ont

I don't know if I mentioned earlier, but today is Owen's hockey league All-Star game. We are off to watch it and cheer on a few of his team mates that have been selected to play in it this year. It starts at 1pm, is followed by a skills competition and is an hour away so I'll be back later on this afternoon.

You guys have a great day and see you in a bit.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Another genie fail to see her there and put you in an uncomfortable position. She should have messaged you: I'm sorry your first day didn't deliver the experience we promised. I will see you at guest services at noon to plan how we can make the rest of your cruise more than perfect.

Sorry to hear of your many issues at the start of your cruise, it appears that you both handled their inept customer service much more coolly than they deserved.

Looking forward to hearing the outcome from GS meeting😉

Before I get going I have to let you know that we are headed to another hockey arena in 25 minutes or so. Tonight there is a game where all the local hockey coaches face off against the volunteer fire department. It is a great annual fundraiser for local charity so I better post this quickly.

Now where were we, before we left at noon. That's right, I was approaching Guest Services and Alexandra was there greeting me. You can believe me, I was no where near as surprised to see her there than she was to meet me almost at my cabin the day before. We both said hello and headed to the area behind the GS work stations.

I had never been back there before and it was really wasn't that exciting, not like seeing behind the green curtain in the Wizard of Oz. We went into a separate office and I was introduced to the Guest Services Manager, a nice gentleman named Shawn Jones.

He asked me if I wanted Alexandra to stay or not and I said that it was OK that she went about her way. I told her that everything was OK with "us" and she was not to worry. There really was no need for her to waste her time, when there were other things she could be tending too.

The GS manager sat across from me behind his desk in his small office which he had a window view of the port side running track. I sat on a the edge of a couch facing him.

I introduced myself again (just because it seemed like the thing to do) and let him know why I requested the meeting. Now before I even set up this meeting I already visualized how the discussion would go and I followed it exactly.

I immediately began by pointing my finger at him and stated that I am a valued Diamond Plus member, who has spend thousands of dollars sailing on RC and that I want a full refund of my cruise (not OBC) and if I don't get it they will have to turn the ship around and return us to Fort Lauderdale. I figured the refund would be cheaper than their fuel costs, so why not start with my demands.

Gotcha. There's no way I'd ever say any of that. However, one-time-wonders and drive by posters have written stuff like that here on the CC boards over the years so I thought I'd give it a go and psych you out. HA!

No joking, Owen and I are off again to the arena.

I will see you all in a few hours.

I immediately began by pointing my finger at him and stated that I am a valued Diamond Plus member, who has spend thousands of dollars sailing on RC and that I want a full refund of my cruise (not OBC) and if I don't get it they will have to turn the ship around and return us to Fort Lauderdale. I figured the refund would be cheaper than their fuel costs, so why not start with my demands.

I just knew you were kidding. But you should have left us with you pointing your fingers at GS manager just to see the reactions. [emoji48]

Don't just leave us hanging like this. [emoji33][emoji12][emoji6]

Cindy

We're back. That was our last official visit to the hockey arena for the season. Almost $50,000 was raised for a local hospice in one evening. That's respectful for a community of less than 5,000 people.

I'm going to try and finish this by tomorrow afternoon, so here we go.

Back to my meeting with the GS manager.

What I did do was have a 30 minute conversation with him about our last 24 hours of unnecessary incidents which was not the type of WOW they are selling or promoting. You have all read about it here over the last day so no need to go into details. He listened to all that I had to say, but didn't take any notes.

When I described our experience with Napoleon he was quiet, and he asked me to describe the gentleman. I did, and he was nodding in recognition. I stated, more than asking, "has this happened before" and he didn't deny or confirm my comment. That act alone told me that Napoleon has a reputation. It was then confirmed that he is the head of the Suite program shore side.

Some of you might remember that shore side employees used to be RC employees. Just about a year ago RC let them all go, and they subcontracted the work out to a separate company. I told Shawn the reason I wanted to meet with him was so he could go higher up the RC totem pole to correct this issue with shore side service. 90% of our grief was directly caused by this one senior contracted employee who tarnished our day by his initial actions and then followed with his lack of action. As another poster said here, he did the same to them too.

The rest of the contract workers that we met along our journey, who we told we hadn't met our Genie, didn't care as we were shuffled along out of their hair and way. We purposely stated to every shore side contracted worker that we had yet to meet our Genie, and no one said wait here and I will find them for you or help you. I made that point to the GS manager and he understood what I was saying.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I informed him that Alexandra had a slip up with the meat platters but under normal circumstances we really would have laughed it off. However, when we were at our tipping point this last mistake was the final straw. There was no need to be fully upset with her but she did deserve to bear a bit of responsibility for us being missed before we got on the ship. Her phone wasn't on, she wasn't watching for us at 11am and there was the mystery of the meat platters. That all being said we gave her a clean start right after our meeting with Shawn.

He said that he already knew that our family had issues the previous day. Shawn informed me that Alexandra filed an incident report the night previous. He either had it that night or first thing in the morning.

Shawn did inform me that Allure and Harmony have a different embarkation process but I politely stated that there should be two different emails for Star Class guests, one for each ship to avoid this luggage fiasco. Not to mention that this is no fault of ours. He also stated that they should corporately revisit the process and I agreed whole heartedly. I never mentioned the lateness of our luggage nor did I mention that Alexandra's cell was not on. I just didn't think about it at that time.

Wake up! Wake up! I need to read the rest of the story!! How am I supposed to sleep tonight? Was Napoleon exiled to Elba (or at least back to directing the plebes [lowly D like me] to their correct check-in line)?

Congrats to Owen and his team. Our daughters were not "sporty," but he older two were in one of the state's best marching bands!

Wake up! Wake up! I need to read the rest of the story!! How am I supposed to sleep tonight? Was Napoleon exiled to Elba (or at least back to directing the plebes [lowly D like me] to their correct check-in line)?

Congrats to Owen and his team. Our daughters were not "sporty," but he older two were in one of the state's best marching bands!

I hope he's exiled, but I can't think of a nation deserving of his presence. IMHO he might be worthy to help the guests who checked the health questionnaire stating that they have vomited or had diarrhea in the last 24-48 hours. :evilsmile::')