Able to use OBC for pre-cruise purchases.

Please excuse me if this is old news but I haven't seen this before and wasn't aware of it.

I just looked at my booked cruise and when I went into the cruise planner a pop-up appeared that said "You can now use your OBC for pre-cruise purchases." They even gave the amount of OBC available and, unbelievably, it was accurate. :)

Note: It only had RCI issued OBC available ... not OBC from my TA.

This was reported last year for a while, then seemed to go away. What ship?

We're on the Allure booked in Jan 2018.

Here's what the pop-up says:

Pre-cruise Onboard Credit Available

Lucky you! You can use your onboard credit for Cruise Planner purchases.

Simply use your onboard credits by applying them to your balance due during your checkout.

$290.00 USD*

Onboard Credit Available for Pre-Cruise Purchases

*Amount reflected is eligible for use pre-cruise. Additional Onboard Credit (OBC) amounts may be available onboard.

We're on the Allure booked in Jan 2018.

Here's what the pop-up says:

Pre-cruise Onboard Credit Available

Lucky you! You can use your onboard credit for Cruise Planner purchases.

Simply use your onboard credits by applying them to your balance due during your checkout.

$290.00 USD*

Onboard Credit Available for Pre-Cruise Purchases

*Amount reflected is eligible for use pre-cruise. Additional Onboard Credit (OBC) amounts may be available onboard.

Hopefully others will report and we will see a pattern. We've got a cruise coming in June, but no pop ups yet about using OBC.

Hopefully others will report and we will see a pattern. We've got a cruise coming in June, but no pop ups yet about using OBC.

It is not on our May MJ cruise but IS showing OBC available to use on the OA for October and November- Maybe just the big ships??

Just tried to book a shore excursion with 200$ RCL OBC we got for our Jewel cancelled cruise.

At "checkout" it still asked for my CC :mad:

Had you received the notification on the website that your booking was eligible for using the OBC pre-criuise?

Hi Bob,

No, I did not.

May be because we're booked through a TA,

or because Jewel is not a big ship :cool:

We've not gotten any notification either. From what people report, the indication that OBC can be used pre-cruise is pretty obvious.

We've not gotten any notification either. From what people report, the indication that OBC can be used pre-cruise is pretty obvious.

Yes, after you click on cruise planner and the cruise planner screen comes up, a pop up window appears letting you know that you can use the OBC.

That IS good news! I know it's "ONBOARD" credit, but if they've given it to you, it would be nice to be able to use is, since they now expect you to book almost everything BEFORE you board the ship...unlike days of yore!

I just logged in an got the same message. I got excited for about 5 seconds. Unfortunately though, there aren't excursion, dining or beverage packages available yet for my cruise. So let's see if I'm still able to use the OBC when I'm finally able to book things

I just logged in an got the same message. I got excited for about 5 seconds. Unfortunately though, there aren't excursion, dining or beverage packages available yet for my cruise. So let's see if I'm still able to use the OBC when I'm finally able to book things

We sail the end of January 2018 and we've had excursions (and spa appointments) available for quite some time now. Nothing else though.

Haven't seen it for OA in June yet.

We're sailing OA next month and I just got the notice. We've already paid for everything we're going to do...but I'm sure we'll figure something out with our OBC. It never goes to waste!

We're sailing OA next month and I just got the notice. We've already paid for everything we're going to do...but I'm sure we'll figure something out with our OBC. It never goes to waste!

I'll check mine again, maybe if I use a different computer I'll get the notice.