EDGE - Port Everglades (Eastern and Western Sailings)

sandc4e

Just booked a Celebrity Suite by calling the 800 number directly. It was $3799 pp for Go Best Jan 20 2019 western caribbean. There is no cabin design released yet for the Sky suites or Celebrity suites.

According to the website, the CS balconies are 51sq. ft. I hope that is a mistake as many of the SS balconies are significantly larger.

Thanks for the heads up on the S3 and the Magic Carpet. Finally got to see some deck plans, and no way I want to see that going up and down past my room! Switched to S2, deck 10, pretty much forward, but at least the retreat will be straight up the elevator.

It's not an elevator. It is positioned at deck 2 anytime the tenders are in use, at deck 5 for certain meals, and at deck 14 or 16 at other times. What you will see in the two most forward and aft S3s is the superstructure it rides on. We booked one of those anyway -- and it looks like ALL the S3s have sold out on our first cruise already. [Also prices have gone up by $200 pp since this morning. Celebrity must be doing very well with Edge bookings -- but how many of them will soon lead to cancellations on Equinox?]

I knew it wasn't an elevator, but after looking at the deck plans, I thought the forward area would be better for us anyway, very easy to take the forward elevator near our room up to the retreat area. I know that 's where we'll want to spend a lot of our time with the extra days at sea. Easy to get back to the room whenever I forget something. Was kind of hoping they would place Luminae in the area behind the retreat that is still unlabeled at this point. Would make it really easy for us, but not counting on it. I can see that those S3's would be in a great location though, and you're right, probably not intrusive for 99% of your day.

Is the Captains Club one level upgrade available for Suites or for Edge bookings? Meaning an S2 for S3 pricing?

On Edge I booked an A2 and was immediately upgraded to an A1. I also got classic beverage package and $300 obc, for $1998/pp including port fees and taxes.

I missed out, cannot find any booking page, which I presume the ship is fully booked. Will try again later... Happy others have landed cabins!

bon voyage

p.s. - Just found out the website crashed... LOL, made reservations on the phone... 2019 sailing, 2018 more than I wanted to pony up. Cannot wait until my spouse unwraps this Birthday gift in a few months!

What a delicious surprise!! How can you keep it a secret that long ? :D

I hear you Susan, but new ships in competition to Celebrity rarely offer anything other than 7 night sailings, as that's what is most popular for the masses. I think it's going to take Edge 3 or beyond before we see anything other than 7+ nights.

Believe me, I'd love for it to happen too, as we love 10+ night sailings.

I know it's not perfect, but we solved the problem by booking a B2B for 14 days - but the total price has my wallet screaming OUCH today :). On the bright side, final isn't due for around 18 months.

Sorry to hear that, Andy....well the passe Equinox, Eclipse, etc will have to suffice! :) Although your B2B sounds like a great albeit expensive solution!

I agree with you, Susan. The ship looks amazing and we can't wait to sail, but we have no interest in 7 day cruises or the Caribbean. Fingers crossed for some great Europe itineraries on Edge! Too bad we'll have to wait a long time to see those itineraries. Other than the poor itineraries for the Edge so far, Celebrity has done a tremendous job with this!

Michael

Sounds like a plan, Michael, waiting it out! Otherwise, she's a real beauty!

What a delicious surprise!! How can you keep it a secret that long ? :D

We are planning now for our sailing to Alaska in July on Mille.

Usually, I announce the next sailing a few days before the end of the current cruise by wearing a t-shirt (secretly packed).

As such hoping to get an Edge shirt either before or while on the Alaska cruise.

The only other sailing desired is to the Norwegian Fjords for next year. I may book that one, as well and say, pick one.

Bon voyage.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk