$7.95 Room Service Charge

Well either way they've given me $50 obc for the change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that from an email to Mike or a phone call you made to C&A. We sail on the 27th, April 7th, 22nd, and 29th. 42 days. 😱

Actually looking forward to the new selections.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I am not thrilled by this but plan to take a wait and see approach for our April 16 cruise. I think that it could be a savings over Johnny Rockets for our family of 4 atleast! But if the quality is poor I will be disappointed.

Now - about 2am snacks...for that which is not hot...Can't you just get that from the WJ or Dining Room to go and bring it to your room? We bring ziploc bags and Tupperware for that sometimes..and the dining room often sends us out with even the cover on the dish to get back to our room if we take a desert instead of eating it there. I don't think I would spend the $8 RS Fee to order these items so just passing it along as a suggestion.

Thank you for the suggestion. Being this is our first RCCL cruise, I have no idea if and where these items will be available.

I wonder, if this implementation for already booked cruises could bring class action lawsuits as it did some years ago with the fuel surcharge.

I would doubt that, as the fuel surcharge was a mandatory charge, whereas room service is optional.

I would doubt that, as the fuel surcharge was a mandatory charge, whereas room service is optional.

I'm not a lawyer, but a contract was signed, which did not include such a charge. Correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the fuel surcharge claim based on a charge that wasn't there for previously booked cruises.

There should be some relief for those cruises already booked.

Correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the fuel surcharge claim based on a charge that wasn't there for previously booked cruises.
Big difference. One was covered by "subject to change" and the other was not, and one doesn't impose an extra cost unless a extra service is used while the other imposes an extra cost unilaterally and without exception.

There should be some relief for those cruises already booked.
And apparently there is: Earlier in the thread at least one passenger indicated that the cruise line is offering guest recovery of $50 OBC for those who are disappointed by the change (and presumably after the full refundability window).

Well either way they've given me $50 obc for the change

That's really surprising, because you have not yet sailed and no one can say with any certainty if their particular ship/sailing will be affected by this in the near future.

Biker, who did not think pre-complaining would yield OBC.

Big difference. One was covered by "subject to change" and the other was not, and one doesn't impose an extra cost unless a extra service is used while the other imposes an extra cost unilaterally and without exception.

And apparently there is: Earlier in the thread at least one passenger indicated that the cruise line is offering guest recovery of $50 OBC for those who are disappointed by the change (and presumably after the full refundability window).

The OBC or any other type of relief, should not be on an individual basis, but across the board to those booked & affected by this surcharge.

Considering RCI made record earnings of $1.28 BILLION last year, you'd think they could have handled this whole room service issue better.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/tourism/fl-royal-caribbean-4q2016-results-20170126-story.html

I few posts ago RCI was on the verge of bankruptcy. I guess just talk of the room service charge has turned around the balance sheet.

I've just joined this thread. Traveling March 27th and am curious if there are some facts as opposed to here say.

First is implementation supposed to begin on March 27th, or for sailings after March 27th.

Second, has the new "updated" menu been posted anywhere? I'd love to take a look at it.

Thanks in advance!

Mike:cool:

The OBC or any other type of relief, should not be on an individual basis, but across the board to those booked & affected by this surcharge.

Clearly the cruise line disagrees. Either way, I doubt many passengers will stand on principle and hold out for that, declining the guest recovery offered to them individually.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I've just joined this thread. Traveling March 27th and am curious if there are some facts as opposed to here say.

First is implementation supposed to begin on March 27th, or for sailings after March 27th.

Second, has the new "updated" menu been posted anywhere? I'd love to take a look at it.

Thanks in advance!

http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/news/pdfs/rci-room-service-all-day-menu.PDF

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks in advance!

BREAKFAST MENU To order, dial Room Service. Served from 6 am - 11 am.

Continental breakfast is complimentary.

American breakfast has a service fee of $7.95 per room delivery.

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST

JUICES & BEVERAGES Juices

Apple, Orange

Coffee

Caffeinated, Decaffeinated

Tea

Black, Green, Herbal

Milk

Regular, Chocolate, Fat Free, Lactose Free, Half & Half

FROM THE BAKERY Toast

Wheat, White, Gluten-Free

Plain Bagel

English Muffin

Donuts

Glazed, Chocolate

Baked Pastries

Croissant, Blueberry Muffin, Cheese Danish

Assorted Jams & Spreads

Strawberry Jam, Grape Jam, Orange Marmalade, Honey, Cream Cheese, Butter, Margarine

LIGHT BREAKFAST

Cereals

Special K, Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, Granola, Oatmeal, Grits

Fruit Selection

Whole Apple, Whole Orange, Whole Banana, Fruit Plate

Yogurts

Plain, Fruit

*Consuming raw or undercooked meats may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My brother called RCL this yesterday after we told him about a the new fee room service. He was upset as he was under the impression room service was included for our family trip. We leave on our cruise March 31st and the representative at first seemed confused but then came back and confirmed three times room service Meals are included for your cruises aside 12 to 5 the fee is 3.95. My brother did say it was extremely hard to understand the rcl rep that's why he asked three times.

This is a serious issue for handicapped persons. There are days when I cannot even leave the cabin as I am unable to walk and it is not possible to "run" up to the Windjammer to grab something. I have always relied on the room service option and am extremely disappointed in Royal for this change.

My brother called RCL this yesterday after we told him about a the new fee room service. He was upset as he was under the impression room service was included for our family trip. We leave on our cruise March 31st and the representative at first seemed confused but then came back and confirmed three times room service Meals are included for your cruises aside 12 to 5 the fee is 3.95. My brother did say it was extremely hard to understand the rcl rep that's why he asked three times.

Wouldn't bet on it.

I can't believe the outrage I'm reading in this thread! Room Service is an optional choice, just like choosing a Speciallty Restaurant. Many perks we have enjoyed in the past have gone along the way side over the years, but that's a fact of life now. Norwegian has had a $7.95 surcharge for any room service order other than continental breakfast for awhile. But that's just the surcharge for no matter what you order. Still pretty cheap, if you ask me. If I'm still hungry late in evening, I go up to the buffet, or hit one of the other complimentary restaurants. (Actually, there are more free options later in evening on NCL than RCCL offers) So, chill everyone! If you absolutely NEED room service, I'm sure $7.95 won't break any of us! It's still a cruise, and isn't that better than staying home??