$7.95 Room Service Charge

I'm sorry, but as an attorney when someone quotes a federal statue I simply assume they intend to take legal action. I was providing you advice for free that I would normally charge to provide.

Was this just a typo, or are you really an attorney? The word is federal Statute.

If we're picking up on typos, then The words are Federal Statute:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the menu. It doesn't look that bad and worth $8 for a different lunch on the balcony. I wonder if there is other fine print that limits the amount per order for $8 (as the posted menu only says per room)

I meant compare something outside of Cuba sailings - whose high prices on RCI (and others) are very likely temporary. Spring of 2018, Navigator or Serenade do 9 or 10 night sailings at less than $1500pp for a balcony - the cheapest balcony on the Sirena is $2600pp for a 9 night Miami round trip. RCI has little comparable to Sirena or many of the other "premium" lines in terms of itineraries so it's hard to compare.

Yes, if you want free room service (and many other perks), this year sailing to Cuba, you could do much better than Empress.

As a Canadian I agree with you. The high prices on Cuban "anything" make me laugh.

Anyone will tell you when it comes to all Inclusives Cuba ranks dead last. Best beaches, awesome culture, worst everything else (food, luxury etc). Culture wise Cuba is amazing. Most fellow Canadians I know are wise though .. NEVER book anything less than 5 stars in Cuba. never ever.

Regardless with the opening of Cuba to Americans I fully expect a price Spike for a year, follows by a plummet when Americans realize Cuba offers zero luxury in comparison to mexico/DR/Jamaica. Then the island will commercialize losing what's made cuba tourism so unique.

So for those who haven't gone yet, GO for culture reasons. Just don't expect a luxury experience like Mexico or Jamaica,.

Edit: apologies completely off topic

I agree though with the idea that Deluxe lines price wise are not comparable to mainstream and premium lines. That's why i have stuck with Premium ... but feel that in the near future one will need to switch to Deluxe to get an old school cruise experience in terms of inclusions.

Anyone will tell you when it comes to all Inclusives Cuba ranks dead last. Best beaches, awesome culture, worst everything else (food, luxury etc).

I disagree a bit on the food - had very good dinners when I was there in January.

Biker, who probably wouldn't go a cruise to Cuba even if prices were comparable with other itineraries.

I disagree a bit on the food - had very good dinners when I was there in January.

Biker, who probably wouldn't go a cruise to Cuba even if prices were comparable with other itineraries.

It really depends on resort. Moreso than say Mexico or DR, Cubais hugeLy price and star dependent. I won't book Cuba unless 5 stars. I did a 4 star 2 years ago but that was cockroach infested. Mind you the price was 500 CAD for 7 nights which INCLUDED FLIGHTS.

Amazing beach but all Cuban resorts have amazing beaches. Even the 2 stars lol.

Bottom line when booking Cuba accommodations, be even more stringent than you might be for Mexico or DR.

Edited by bamelin

It really depends on resort.

I only mentioned food which I had in old town Havana. Granted one of the restaurants was the one Obama visited, fairly popular with great food and service.

Biker, who is still waiting for some story about someone getting a refund at GS for their room service charge.

I only mentioned food which I had in old town Havana. Granted one of the restaurants was the one Obama visited, fairly popular with great food and service.

Biker, who is still waiting for some story about someone getting a refund at GS for their room service charge.

Biker, I hope you don't mind me asking...but what does "122 days at sea and counting..." mean? Are you actually at sea for 122 days?

Biker, I hope you don't mind me asking...but what does "122 days at sea and counting..." mean? Are you actually at sea for 122 days?

No, it's my grand total cruising days.

Biker, who needs to update his sig line.

Doubt it will be refunded, as it is clearly stated on room service menu. We haven't ordered this week, but may next week. Burgers at Barefoot Beach seemed better, so maybe John had a Wagyu beef burger and didn't know it!;p;p

Also, to answer another's question about how many orders for the charge, menu states: served 11 am - 6 am, room service menu has a service fee of $7.95 per room delivery.

Still haven't seen actual breakfast menu, but we have dined for breakfast in Chops and been well pleased.

Doubt it will be refunded, as it is clearly stated on room service menu.

The argument around here, and apparently it succeeded in some cases, was that at the time of final payment room service was free so it should be same on the ship.

Biker19. I get on the Jewel on the Transatlantic April 23. I'll check it out with GS. We are Pinnacles so we will see if they charge us $7.95 for Room Service. I really want to try it out and see if the food is better & the service is faster. Hope room service start picking up the dirty dishes left in the hallway. That's my pet peeve.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I loved MSC ive cruised twice with them and had amazing value fantastic cruises, this year I decided to try RCI again , free room service when we booked !!!!!!!!!!

not free any more so my next cruise ive already booked and again back with MSC .

Royals attitude to my email regarding the room service charge has been appalling and ive lost faith in them as a company who values customers

According to someone on Navigator, the menu and charge was rolled out yesterday mid-cruise.

Biker, who will be on Navigator on Friday and may try the new room service.

I'm interested in hearing abiout the wings.:)