Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Cheersforbeers the Jack and Rose reference was Titanic Movie Jack is a steerage passenger and Rose was a First class passenger the Veruca Salt reference is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - she is the very spoiled brat -

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I definitely got it. When I saw the Jack and Rose comment I started laughing because I often joke about ‘first class’ and ‘steerage’ when I fly and when I cruise! Definitely when I fly. [emoji23]

Now that the ship is out in the open, has anyone gotten a clear picture of the deck area where Vibe is located? I'm mainly looking to see if they have built in cabana structures and how many there might be and their position to the outside railing. Thanks!

Now that the ship is out in the open, has anyone gotten a clear picture of the deck area where Vibe is located? I'm mainly looking to see if they have built in cabana structures and how many there might be and their position to the outside railing. Thanks!

Any reason to think the renderings are not accurate?

4b69add19213bcefb59e9191ec8f24b6.jpg

f5808d33948a75e9057fa6198b7509b9.jpg

Hmmm, the aerial looks like 3, unless they’re divided underneath...

ed283531c0984cbd74e338395b061de9.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

I am arriving the 30th around 11 Am, I am sure I will miss it lol!

rats

We aren't departing Seattle that night until 9pm, so I'm assuming there will be some kind of event going on into the evening :)

We were also told to arrive by 2:00pm, so I'm sure that's when everything will start up...

Hey I saw the disney cruises in your signature. We have only done disney and are booked on our first NCL (Bliss) next Jan wondered what you thought of the comparison between the two lines? THanks so much!

My first cruise was Disney, it was great. Second cruise was NCL. I prefer the "freestyle" dinning. Some like to dine with the same people every night per Disney. I like a different group or no group so prefer NCL. I didn't mind the kids on Disney, some do. Next cruise is Bliss on June 9.

I knew the Bliss before it turned all gangsta.

58d34160fee78e161363cbcc171ecbd6.jpg

(courtesy of moerki5.0)

OMG I laughed out loud. I am also a Lurker here for the entertainment and can't really contribute anything, but I am loving ever minute of it. It's been a real pleasure following along. :)

My first cruise was Disney, it was great. Second cruise was NCL. I prefer the "freestyle" dinning. Some like to dine with the same people every night per Disney. I like a different group or no group so prefer NCL. I didn't mind the kids on Disney, some do. Next cruise is Bliss on June 9.

Glad you found your line.

I actually prefer a different group or no group as well. More, no group. However, I prefer set dining times because I want the same wait staff the entire cruise. Just like your cabin steward tends to be great because he has time to figure out your particular wants and quirks, having the same dining staff allows them to do the same. I feel a lot more pampered and taken care of by wait staff that has had a couple of meals to get to know me. Even on Disney, for example, I get great service no matter what but I miss the more personalized service during lunch meals that I get during dinner, unless I happen to get the same lunch crew more than once. It's not a huge deal, but it's part of the little things that help set a cruise above another.

Glad you found your line.

I actually prefer a different group or no group as well. More, no group. However, I prefer set dining times because I want the same wait staff the entire cruise. Just like your cabin steward tends to be great because he has time to figure out your particular wants and quirks, having the same dining staff allows them to do the same. I feel a lot more pampered and taken care of by wait staff that has had a couple of meals to get to know me. Even on Disney, for example, I get great service no matter what but I miss the more personalized service during lunch meals that I get during dinner, unless I happen to get the same lunch crew more than once. It's not a huge deal, but it's part of the little things that help set a cruise above another.

Which is exactly what you (usually)get in the Haven Restaurant plus no fixed dining time. We eat mostly breakfast and lunch there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which is exactly what you (usually)get in the Haven Restaurant plus no fixed dining time. We eat mostly breakfast and lunch there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sure it's amazing.

Lol, my OV room is already about as much as I like to pay. Amazingly, a balcony on my Bliss sailing is about $15 more than what I paid on my last Disney Cruise (also Balcony cabin).

Hey I saw the disney cruises in your signature. We have only done disney and are booked on our first NCL (Bliss) next Jan wondered what you thought of the comparison between the two lines? THanks so much!

I loved Disney as it was my first cruise! I was hooked on cruising , but Disney is way overpriced - menus hadn’t changed in a long time and the shows were all the same too - but they know how to do it right! I came to NCL because of the proximity to the cruise port we live in NH , and fell in love with the freestyle cruising - to me that is what it’s all about either do it or not - eating , games, shows nobody is forcing you to do anything except relax! I think it depends on how rigid you want to be with eating , honestly at least in my family that was and is one of the most important things we do on the cruise . At first I was comparing but that quickly stopped!!!

Any reason to think the renderings are not accurate?

4b69add19213bcefb59e9191ec8f24b6.jpg

f5808d33948a75e9057fa6198b7509b9.jpg

Hmmm, the aerial looks like 3, unless they’re divided underneath...

ed283531c0984cbd74e338395b061de9.jpg

Just wanted to see how reality panned out compared to the plans, you never know how things get changed as the build process finalizes. Thanks for the aerial shot, I think it would probably be 6 cabanas in groups of 2. If it's only 3, that would really make them tough to get.

❤️❤️❤️

Will you be doing your “interactive” posting again like when you were on the Escape? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

https://www.ncl.com/apps

Before you board Bliss will have a New App. Only on Sky (for now) and soon Bliss! Check it out!

:cool:

❤️❤️❤️

Seems only fair that this should be available in the Brew House...

af05272fa2e477751dae634ee536fbeb.jpg

I'm guessing it would be a typical beach beer. As in, I'm all for it when I'm at the beach but would never order it in a brew pub. Just like Landshark.

Wow, I just saw a short video of the Ems river near Weener - the river is packed with floating ice. So I hope the Ems river conveyance which is scheduled for March 11th doesn´t have to be delayed. It´s a tight schedule anyway as they have to perform the sea trials. The hand over ceremony is scheduled for April 19th and the ship is supposed to leave Emshaven on the 18th for Bremerhaven.

Meanwhile the engine room segement of the Spectrum of the Seas has passed the Kiel Canal yesterday and is on it´s way to Papenburg... and also needs to go through the icy river.

Good news... it´s warming up over the next few days. There was a huge and pretty unusual amount of snow in Northern Germany over the last few days and we had "deep" freezing temps.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

Wow, I just saw a short video of the Ems river near Weener - the river is packed with floating ice. So I hope the Ems river conveyance which is scheduled for March 11th doesn´t have to be delayed. It´s a tight schedule anyway as they have to perform the sea trials. The hand over ceremony is scheduled for April 19th and the ship is supposed to leave Emshaven on the 18th for Bremerhaven.

Meanwhile the engine room segement of the Spectrum of the Seas has passed the Kiel Canal yesterday and is on it´s way to Papenburg... and also needs to go through the icy river.

Good news... it´s warming up over the next few days. There was a huge and pretty unusual amount of snow in Northern Germany over the last few days and we had "deep" freezing temps.

steamboats

Do you think they use icebreakers on waterways in Northern Europe? I would also think with the Bliss heading for Alaska it could handle some ice.

But as you say it’s warming and they have a week to go. 🤞

John K

I'm guessing it would be a typical beach beer. As in, I'm all for it when I'm at the beach but would never order it in a brew pub. Just like Landshark.

Agree, but I suspect it would be well-ordered because of the relate, and absolutely nothing to do with the contents.

Do you think they use icebreakers on waterways in Northern Europe? I would also think with the Bliss heading for Alaska it could handle some ice.

Yes, they do use ice breakers on the rivers in Northern Germany although they are not frequently in use. It is floating ice so far but it can congest and build up and block the river. The Bliss for sure can handle some floating ice but not break it. And for the Ems conveyance the ship is going backwards with two tugboats.

Unfortuantely it´s a FB video so I can´t link it here. But if you´re on FB search for "Meyer Werft Fanclub". It´s been reposted on their site.

My DD just spent the weekend in Bremerhaven and it´s still pretty freezing there. In our neck of the woods (Munich, meaning South) we had temps up to 50 today (or 10°C). So here everything is melting.The other point is with higher temps the ice and the snow is melting and causing floodings.

steamboats