Nice shorts in main dining room.... is this allowed?

paulgraff

Hi going on a 5 day CCL cruise on the Triumph in a few weeks.... are nice shorts with a collared shirt allowed in the main dining room?

Thank you,

PG

Sure is except on cruise elegant night

Hi going on a 5 day CCL cruise on the Triumph in a few weeks.... are nice shorts with a collared shirt allowed in the main dining room?

Thank you,

PG

They are....you can wear them in the MDR with the exception of Elegant night. On that night, to dine in the MDR, you need a pair of pants (not jeans). Enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They are....you can wear them in the MDR with the exception of Elegant night. On that night, to dine in the MDR, you need a pair of pants (not jeans). Enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I all ways wear ,new jeans and a polo on elegant night , 7 cruises never a problem , others wear them to

The dress code seems to be out the window which is ok with me.

Casual shorts and a golf shirt will work almost every night. I was on a 7 night cruise on the freedom and on the 1st elegant night I saw many guys in shorts. So on the 2nd elegant night I wore dress shorts. The dining room managed tried to stop me, quite unsuccessfully I must add. He made me put an extra napkin on my lap to cover up the shorts. Very similar to one night in the steakhouse a few years ago when they required a jacket to enter. They gave me put a jacket to put on the back of my chair.

You're gonna be on vacation. Just enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He made you put an extra napkin over your shorts in the dining room? Sheesh, that's plain silly. Who's going to see your shorts, or pants for that matter, once you're seated? A pair of dress shorts and a collared shirt, is just fine for the casual nights. I agree with long pants on elegant night. But, if you're already in the dining room and seated, wearing shorts, who's going to care.

Thank you,

PG

I guess it varies sometimes. :( My wife and I and my sister) were on the Sunshine on a 7 day W. Caribbean cruise in March of 2016 and we figured since we were doing the MTD dress shorts would be acceptable. We forgot it was elegant night ( I was the one wearing shorts) the lady at the desk was very sweet, but FIRM, no shorts allowed on that night. So, I went back up and slipped on a pair of casual slacks and returned. Another op here referred that when he went to the steakhouse they insisted a sports coat be placed on the back of his chair ? We've done 14 cruises all including their great steakhouse and never had a coat mentioned, now I do wear 'business casual' there but several times have noticed several men wearing jeans AND shorts at nearby tables ? But I won't do that, I see their (OP) point, it IS a vacation. But I (personally) think the steakhouse is a little too 'dressy' for me to wear shorts. Dress jeans MIGHT be a consideration, though. IMHO :)

Mac

Hubby wears shorts , polo and some type of slip on shoe like sperrys almost every night while we cruise. Cruise elegant night he wear dress pants , never had anyone to tell him no. When we go to steakhouse he dresses like he would on cruise elegant night but never a jacket, last time we were there they let a man in wearing shorts , polo and sperrys.

Just to clear things up ... here is the dress code for CRUISE CASUAL evenings:

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

and for CRUISE ELEGANT evenings:

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

If you wish to wear shorts on cruise casual evenings, go for it! Sandals, go for it! The only sandals specifically mentioned as not permitted are flip flops (which I interpret to mean the plastic ones).

Personally, I don't really care what anyone wears to the dining room as long as they are compliant with the dress code.

Just to clear things up ... here is the dress code for CRUISE CASUAL evenings:

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

and for CRUISE ELEGANT evenings:

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

If you wish to wear shorts on cruise casual evenings, go for it! Sandals, go for it! The only sandals specifically mentioned as not permitted are flip flops (which I interpret to mean the plastic ones).

Personally, I don't really care what anyone wears to the dining room as long as they are compliant with the dress code.

That was my thinking is the nice sandals that are of like the leather and stuff should be ok but would not wear the beach flip flops in