2018 Canada/NE Carnival cruises?

heather9844

Just wondering if Carnival plans to sail to Canada/New England in 2018? Carnival Sunshine is sailing this route this fall out of New York, but I don't see any itineraries for next year. Perhaps Carnival doesn't post those itineraries this far in advance, or maybe I missed the memo that they won't be sailing there next year? I usually only look at Caribbean sailings so I am ignorant on this particular region.

No more Canada/new England cruises out of NYC in 2018.

Maybe in 2019 they might have it again

also, this year is the Carnival Sunshine last year out of NYC too

Thanks for the info! Very interesting... That's too bad because I was really interested in this itinerary and the other cruise lines are so much more expensive. Oh well... fingers crossed for 2019!

No more Canada/new England cruises out of NYC in 2018.

Maybe in 2019 they might have it again

also, this year is the Carnival Sunshine last year out of NYC too

Where did you get this information? :loudcry: I was still holding out hope for Carnival to return to Boston as a home port in 2018.

• 2 months later...

I was considering a Carnival fall foliage sailing for 2019, so went to look for a '18 sailing to get an idea what they were offering. No dice there, obviously !!

Anyone have any updates w/regard to Carnival's plans for '19 ?

Tom

wayy to early to tell..you might have to wait until march-april for them to release the schedule for 2019.

I knew they wouldn't have any sailings listed/available for 2019 (no lines do yet), but didn't know if the topic had come up elsewhere or perhaps Carnival had issued a press release. One never knows!

Thanks,

Tom

it might be best to jump ship to a different cruise line. Carnival Canada cruises always goes to Saint John and Halifax with maybe a stop in Portland or Boston. On other cruise lines, they go up much further north like Prince Edward Island, Sydney (Nova Scotia) and Quebec

it might be best to jump ship to a different cruise line. Carnival Canada cruises always goes to Saint John and Halifax with maybe a stop in Portland or Boston. On other cruise lines, they go up much further north like Prince Edward Island, Sydney (Nova Scotia) and Quebec

I had given that some thought too. However, this sailing would be best served by a 7-night cruise, as it would be something for my office. So, since I'd be flying several people up there I'd rather my office only be closed for a week... so I can get back and pay for the cruise... lol !

Tom

We did a Canada/NE cruise a couple of years ago and didn't go with Carnival because we wanted to stop at Bar Harbor. It was our favorite stop so I would suggest finding a cruise that stops there. :)

We did a Canada/NE cruise a couple of years ago and didn't go with Carnival because we wanted to stop at Bar Harbor. It was our favorite stop so I would suggest finding a cruise that stops there. :)

Interesting - thanks for the info! Can I ask why it was your favorite?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hopefully Carnival brings back the Canada/New England cruise in 2019. I have done it twice and am looking to book it again for Fall 2019. I remember seeing Holland America docked in Halifax so perhaps I will check out their itineraries when they are available but I am still hopeful for Carnival.

To all the Canada/NE interested people: Almost every US major cruise line, and even Disney Cruise Line offer a wide range of Canada/NE cruises this fall and in 2018, there's enough choices!

We are booked for Anthem to Canada/NE in fall 2018.

I am also wondered that Carnival does not do any Canada/NE cruises anymore?!

Yes the last years even their 7-night itinerary was very plain compared to the offerings served by other cruise lines including sailings up to Québec City, but however for homeland getaway cruisers this itinerary would have been fitting?!

Horizon is sailing out of NYC in summer/fall 2018, wondering why she isn't a feasible candidate for that itinerary?

I think quite a few people were holding out hope that John H. actually meant it when he mentioned sailings out of Boston for summer 2018. Of course that was months ago and nothing since. We did sail twice on the Glory out of Boston in 2012 and 2013. Both to Canada and loved it.

Horizon is sailing out of NYC in summer/fall 2018, wondering why she isn't a feasible candidate for that itinerary?

maybe the horizon might be too big for the st john and Halifax? It is up to the ports to determine which size of the ship they are willing to accept for docking.

Bar Harbor, Maine is building a new cruise terminal so the ship can dock instead of tender, the port officials is placing restrictions on what kind of ships can dock there. they do not want a big ship that has over 3k people on it

maybe the horizon might be too big for the st john and Halifax? It is up to the ports to determine which size of the ship they are willing to accept for docking.

Bar Harbor, Maine is building a new cruise terminal so the ship can dock instead of tender, the port officials is placing restrictions on what kind of ships can dock there. they do not want a big ship that has over 3k people on it

If so, the even larger Anthem otS could not dock at those ports as well, but she does. ;)

So maybe From Carnival's perspective there's more money and profitability to create when Horizon sails the warmer regions...!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums