Norwegian Escape Forward Facing Penthouse (H7) or Haven Courtyard Penthouse (H5)

sarah1819

I apologize if there is already a similar thread started, but I am trying to choose between the H7 or H5 cabin.

We have 2 adults and one teenager and was wondering about any thoughts on these two cabins?

The H7 seems to be farther away from anything, but it is a bigger room than the H5, but the H5 is closer to everything!

Thanks!

We had the H7 on one of the inaugural cruises.

It was a great layout with a great bathroom. It was just the 2 of us.

The living room was a bit tight to be completely honest. So if the H5, is smaller, I'd be nervous.

It was far away and wish we were closer.

We are going with the 2 bedroom this upcoming round.

Loved our forward penthouse on the Escape!

Made It easier to get to the Haven . We had an aft on the Getaway and loved it as well but felt like we missed more time in the Haven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Loved our forward penthouse on the Escape!

Made It easier to get to the Haven . We had an aft on the Getaway and loved it as well but felt like we missed more time in the Haven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the pictures! We actually booked and happen to be in the exact same room! Really looking forward to the Haven experience. How did you find the movement of the ship in this room as well as the walk to the elevators?

We had a H5 on the Escape, and it was a great room—close to everything. You didn't even have to leave the Haven, if you didn't want to. I'm sure that was part of the appeal, and why they seem to be priced around the same as a H7, even though it's a smaller room.

If we get to do the Haven on our upcoming Breakaway cruise, we'll try for the H7 though, just to see what it's like. I like the layout from the pictures I've seen.

I just noticed—it's early, I need more coffee—that you have 2 adults and 1 teenager. Definitely go with the H7. The H5 is a great amount of space for 2 adults, but any more than that, and I think it would be crowded. I'd go with the bigger room, with a little bit of a walk to get to the Haven—you can use the walk to work off all the snacks your butler leaves in the room!

Thanks for the pictures! We actually booked and happen to be in the exact same room! Really looking forward to the Haven experience. How did you find the movement of the ship in this room as well as the walk to the elevators?

We were on during hurricane Mathew and did not feel much at all. The walk to the elevator was not bad at all, get on go straight up and you are at the Haven!!!

So jealous! We are back on again in September it just in a mini this time!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

You are helping me make up my mind. Have been struggling with this decision. I really want the aft penthouse for my family of four (we love big balconies). Am also booking for my parents and adult sister. This is a family celebration of many birthdays and I am set on the Haven. (DH doesn't love cruising, he hates crowds. This was my way of getting him on a ship again!) I have been trying to balance the benefit of the space of a forward penthouse (H7) with the possibility of a rocky ride. Have also been worried about the stateroom feeling crowded. Basically, I have narrowed it down to:

A) Aft cabin for 4, Forward for 3

B) Three courtyard staterooms

C) Aft cabin for 4, Courtyard for 3 with spa passes (for another place to go)

D) 2-Bedroom for 5 and Courtyard for 2.

Since we are planning the Baltics in October, I am not sure how much time we will actually be spending in the Haven Courtyard. I want this to be really nice for my Mom and Dad. The rest of us are actually happy all cramming in together believe it or not. :)

I like B, but is probably the most expensive, as it offers all cabins are near each other, all in the Haven so your husband doesn't even have to leave and has more individual privacy with bathrooms for all.

E - Two H6 would keep you near each other if you don't mind the long walk to and from the Haven.

TriMama, tough one. I would say to skip options B and C, as 3 in a courtyard penthouse looks cramped with little privacy. A would work well if the aft group doesn't mind walking. B would be the best bet to keep all of you closer together, though. D would work well if you want to be in the Haven proper, and iif your family of 4 doesn't mind one extra on the couch.

(I am about to have to make a similar decision: booking my mom (chronic pain/somewhat limited mobility) and her husband into the Haven accessible courtyard penthouse--will be perfect for them) and trying to figure out where to book myself and my two teen boys. We could do aft penthouse suite and walk to hang out with them or suck it up and pay for the 2 bedroom to be right nearby (probably a deck below, given the availability). I keep going up and back.)

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of great answers about people that loved each cabin, but missed the big picture.

They are traveling with a teen aged son.

Many suites are just big rooms. Not often the best arrangement with a teen. Okay for some, not others.

To the OP - make sure you know the room layout for each cabin. Suites are often just a big room. No doors.

The balconies are not the same right? Are some bigger than others? I know they're small though.

For the H7,the balconies are all (roughly) the same size. The exception to the rest is the balcony directly under the bridge. That balcony (deck 14 on Escape, deck 13 on BA/GA) is partially enclosed.

For the H7,the balconies are all (roughly) the same size. The exception to the rest is the balcony directly under the bridge. That balcony (deck 14 on Escape, deck 13 on BA/GA) is partially enclosed.

Thank you! Trying to decide to keep my B1 on deck 9 or bid on the H7. :confused:

Can anyone tell me if the wind is bad when you are on the balcony. I love being on the balcony and I am afraid that it will be so windy, that I could not use it.

For the H7, the balcony is on the side of the ship just like most balconies...(the "forward-facing" on the H7 is the window, not the balcony)

IMG_1761_zps0pxeszwi.jpg

...If you look at the photo above, the H7 balconies are shielded from the headwind. You can also see deck 14 (on Escape) with the oval-shaped/partially enclosed balcony directly under the bridge.

We were in an aft balcony and it was huge. No wind at all. Only thing is you only get the sun fir a little while. But aft balcony would be better for three. There are two bathrooms and two separate rooms. Master bedroom and living room that has a couch that's becomes a bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're going to bid, you should try for the H6.

Since you have a B1, you would probably prefer the H6 over the H7.

The risk is getting a H6 with a small-ish balcony.

Thank you again. I think that's what we're going to do.