Finally getting to a diffrent level in crown and anchor.

If one is Platinum how do you go about getting this discount!? Booked cruises with Platinum and never heard of this discount.

Thanks

Contact whoever booked your cruise and have them add the balcony discount. Be aware that adding the discount will re-price the cruise, so unless the cruise has not gone up much, you may not want to apply the discount.

Contact whoever booked your cruise and have them add the balcony discount.

When I booked the recent cruise I told the agent my C&A number. The invoice showed a CAS BALC discount of $100.

This is true. We are used to a fairly high intake. Not alcholics but used to liquor flowing all parts of the day. And doubly so with Shriner events. So we still make a good showing at it. And your right alot of people dont do the math on the drinks, always work that out that you know your saving money either way. I know my wife dosent like wasting any money if we dont have to.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Remember Royal's drink package is not just alcoholic drinks, also includes bottled water, fancy coffees etc:D

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/new-beverage-flyer-general.pdf

We hit Diamond on our trip leaving April 18. We are very excited because that means we can now go with our cruising friends to the big kids lounge before dinner. I am also close to the equivalent on NCL but my DH is far behind because I have 33 cruise days with my mom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm at 51 points and have two cruises scheduled for this year. While I agree Emerald isn't that much of a step up, I won't turn down a snack and a couple of drinks. But yes, I'm just waiting until I hit Diamond and then I feel like I can relax. Diamond Plus might be achievable after many years, but Pinnacle is beyond our reach unless we hit the lottery (which we don't play).

From Platinum on up you get some balcony discount. Hi, Rewind!

Hi, Rewind!

Hi Karen! Sorry about the Allure TA in 2015 - we missed you on board.

We booked our first every balcony for our upcoming Alaskan cruise, but with all the restrictions of applying multiple discounts, I didn't really even try for it this time (plus I changed cabins twice and I was able to get a decent refund when prices dropped AFTER final payment (which is unheard of)).

While we have two cruises booked this year, that's more of an anomaly. Both the DW and I work full time so getting time off can be a challenge. Last time we did two in a year was when there was an AMAZING deal on a Transatlantic which I used as an excuse to propose, and this time it's a cheap trip to Cuba while us in the US still have an opportunity to visit (no political discussions, but it's an option now so we want to go while we can). We do love cruising, but the DW has also pointed out we should do some land trips as well.

Back on topic - I'll have my final Platinum cruise in two months and my first Emerald cruise in six months. I just checked the tiers again and while I think there is a slim possibility, I still don't believe we will hit Pinnacle. Once we do hit diamond though, I think I want to check out other lines that match status (Celeb, MSC, etc.).

Once we do hit diamond though, I think I want to check out other lines that match status (Celeb, MSC, etc.).

That has always been my aim to reach Diamond which I will achieve on my next cruise. Doubt I will ever reach Diamond Plus. After reaching Diamond I will definitely try other lines and with status match at Celebrity no doubt I will give them a try.

Noble Lemaire, you do not paint a nice picture of Shriners. Not all of us drink all day and twice as much at Shrine events. Please consider your Brethren when making statements about Shriners.

Noble Lemaire, you do not paint a nice picture of Shriners. Not all of us drink all day and twice as much at Shrine events. Please consider your Brethren when making statements about Shriners.

Your right not all of us do. I just happen to be part of a unit in my temple that does enjoy a bit of camels milk. I do apologise.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We just turned Emerald after last April's cruise...looking forward to my free can of Sprite in my stateroom next week...lol

3 more completed cruises till Diamond...but I figure RCCL will change the guidelines before I make it so not banking on making it in this lifetime...unless I hit the lottery....or I marry into it...but already married so back to the lottery...haha

Contact whoever booked your cruise and have them add the balcony discount. Be aware that adding the discount will re-price the cruise, so unless the cruise has not gone up much, you may not want to apply the discount.

Can you get balcony discount if you book yourself on line , or do you have to book with RCCL or TA ?

Can you get balcony discount if you book yourself on line , or do you have to book with RCCL or TA ?

You are supposed to be able to get the discount automatically online, when you enter your C&A number on the web page. Sometimes that does not work, so you may have to call to get it added once the cruise has been booked online.

I turned platinum after my last cruise, however when I booked my cruise that I am going on this October while on my last cruise and still Gold they applied my balcony discount. I also got platinum perks while on that cruise as well as the invitation to the Top Tier event. I didn't get the pin so I guess they will give it to us on the cruise in October since it is the first actual cruise as platinum. This was on Adventure by the way. :cool:

So, just to clarify, since we will be turning Platinum on our upcoming cruise, we may receive some Platinum benefits? I thought that we didn't get them until after the cruise we hit Platinum on. Is it just a hit or miss type thing, or should we be expecting it? Not so worried about the lapel pin, but I was wondering about the top tier event.

So, just to clarify, since we will be turning Platinum on our upcoming cruise, we may receive some Platinum benefits? I thought that we didn't get them until after the cruise we hit Platinum on. Is it just a hit or miss type thing, or should we be expecting it? Not so worried about the lapel pin, but I was wondering about the top tier event.

It is RARE, not the norm. New levels, with the exception of reaching Pinnacle, are in place on the NEXT cruise.

That's a tough rate to keep up, especially as the cruise length gets longer and with more port days along the way Last time we cruised, I did the math too and it was worth it for us on a shorter cruise. Now we're doing an 8 night and my wife can't really drink very much so it wasn't worth it for us, since I'll drink less when we can't have drinks together like before. I think a lot of people don't do the math on it and never realize when it would just be cheaper to pay per drink, rather than getting the package. And they think they're getting a good deal, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sure there are some who don't do the math (and some who don't care if it ends up being a bit pricier if it means they feel free to order whatever they want onboard beucase it is already paid for), but I think you underestimate how much some people drink.

We never sail shorter than 7 nights and mostly sail 10-15 nights. I don't get the package--heck half of my diamons coupons go to cnas of Coke, I am not much of a drinker. But my husband? He'll have a nice coffee or two in the morning, 2-3 glasses of wine with lunch and a mudslide for dessert, take a bottle of water to have in port, have a cocktail while playing trivia before dinner then 3-4 glasses of wine at dinner and a coffee after. He might have a cocktail in the club at night. He's a big guy and you'd not know he were drinking if you didn't see it. Trust me, we've done the math; we come out well ahead with him buying the package (and, yes, sometimes that is more htan his cruise fare ;p)

You are supposed to be able to get the discount automatically online, when you enter your C&A number on the web page. Sometimes that does not work, so you may have to call to get it added once the cruise has been booked online.

Thanks...

Okay, thanks. That is what I thought, but it seemed like the implication was that it might happen on this cruise, so I just wanted to clarify.

I always looked at it this way.....it just gives you that much more to look forward to on your

next cruise, after you have actually received the points posted officially. :)