Clothes steamers.

Escaping2016

Can you and do you bring a travel steamer on NCl? I am traveling next week on the Getaway and it seems the clothes I am bringing this time wrinkle easier and I am thinking about bringing one. For those of you who bring one. Any suggestions on one that is light weight but works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Irons / Ironing Boards and Steamers

Guests are not permitted to bring and use their own irons or steamers onboard. Norwegian Cruise Line carries a limited number of irons and ironing boards which can be loaned to guests for a few hours at a time. They can be requested through housekeeping or Guest Services Desk.

Irons and steamers would both be taken from guests at embarkation and returned at the end of the sailing.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#what-to-bring

Thanks I guess that takes care of that

Downy Wrinkle Release works wonders. Hang and spray the garment the night before. If there are still wrinkles in the morning, spray again lightly and hang in the bathroom, so the shower steam can release any stubborn wrinkles. I used it for the first time on my Alaska trip, and now I am a believer. Enjoy your cruise!

Downy Wrinkle Release works wonders. Hang and spray the garment the night before. If there are still wrinkles in the morning, spray again lightly and hang in the bathroom, so the shower steam can release any stubborn wrinkles. I used it for the first time on my Alaska trip, and now I am a believer. Enjoy your cruise!

We don't have that in the UK, I'm hoping to pick some up in Tampa / Key West / Miami. Keep hearing everyone talk about it.

I knew irons were not allowed but did not know about steamers so I brought a steamer that I used on my last 2 cruises.

Mine is pretty heavy, won't bring it again now that I know it is banned. I'm surprised it wasn't picked up when our bags were scanned.

I will try Downey next time, thanks for that tip.

Can you and do you bring a travel steamer on NCl? I am traveling next week on the Getaway and it seems the clothes I am bringing this time wrinkle easier and I am thinking about bringing one. For those of you who bring one. Any suggestions on one that is light weight but works well.

I have a Joy Mangano steamer mini steamer and always bring it with me. It has NEVER been taken away.

I have a Joy Mangano steamer mini steamer and always bring it with me. It has NEVER been taken away.

That's fine. As long as you acknowledge to others that it isn't allowed, and you are suggesting they break the rules. Personally, I couldn't care less, but don't pretend it's okay simply because it hasn't been taken away.

That's fine. As long as you acknowledge to others that it isn't allowed, and you are suggesting they break the rules. Personally, I couldn't care less, but don't pretend it's okay simply because it hasn't been taken away.

Folks, remember, NCL is not "banning" these items because they feel like it, but out of concern for the rest of the passengers. The electrical systems on a cruise ship are not as robust as your home. The reason for this is the amount of moisture in and around all electrical outlets. I probably bet, all outlets are on a GFC and trip at the slightest increase in current. Since a number of the appliances mentioned usually have a high wattage rating, this could cause a potential fault in the electrical system, which could lead to a fire on the ship.

It is still illegal to have and use.

FYI. NCL is increasing their emphasis on minimizing fire risks. In freestyle dailies and announced during muster, NCL is now having room stewards unplug anything found charging in unattended rooms.

Folks, remember, NCL is not "banning" these items because they feel like it, but out of concern for the rest of the passengers. The electrical systems on a cruise ship are not as robust as your home. The reason for this is the amount of moisture in and around all electrical outlets. I probably bet, all outlets are on a GFC and trip at the slightest increase in current. Since a number of the appliances mentioned usually have a high wattage rating, this could cause a potential fault in the electrical system, which could lead to a fire on the ship.

I'll second this! Where are you planning to go if you catch your room (and several near you) on fire? Some rules may seem silly but not anything to do with a potential fire hazard. Please don't use these and surge protectors for your own safety as well.

I've always taken my Joy Mangano my little steamer on all my trips including cruises. I never had it confiscated but I feel I must acknowledge I KNOW IT'S PROHIBITED so I don't have to hear about it. However the last few trips I've decided it's just another thing in the suitcase taking up space and it's a hassle steaming stuff so I gave in and use the Downy wrinkle release now. Makes life easier. I also try to not pack fabrics that wrinkle easily and it can be hard, being the clothes horse that I am. Getting older I guess, and caring less and less about crap like wrinkles!