Absolutely appalling behavior from a Diamond member

On the occasions when I get stuck with people who can't behave, I make up stuff. Like I might say I have been on about 50 cruises, but I am still "tin" because I don't want to be in a loyalty club that would have me as a member... Which is true.. I don't even have a Boots or Tesco Card.

I also tell people I am a s&x therapist for my job. That usually shuts them up. Sometimes I say I am a psychiatrist, and that actually makes them go away!

If anybody wants to swap a Boise Idaho T Shirt for a 3ft tall Easter Egg, or maybe 2x750ml bottles of wine ;p I will be on Navigator of the Seas 14th June.

You can buy your way onto 100 cruises, but you can't buy class.

By far the vast majority of pinnacle and suite guests I've met have class and treat the staff accordingly. There will always be people with anger management issues and those with a self importance syndrome. How many cruises they have or what type of cabin they are in has little to do with it.

Glance into some of the staterooms and see the mess some passengers routine leave for their cabin attendant. Perhaps they live that way at home but I doubt it. More likely they think that being on a cruise makes them a bit more important. Being a slob is fine. They have a menial cabin attendant to cater to them.

They are the kind of people I'd like to buy for what they are worth - and sell for what they think they are worth!

On the occasions when I get stuck with people who can't behave, I make up stuff. Like I might say I have been on about 50 cruises, but I am still "tin" because I don't want to be in a loyalty club that would have me as a member... Which is true.. I don't even have a Boots or Tesco Card.

I also tell people I am a s&x therapist for my job. That usually shuts them up. Sometimes I say I am a psychiatrist, and that actually makes them go away!

If anybody wants to swap a Boise Idaho T Shirt for a 3ft tall Easter Egg, or maybe 2x750ml bottles of wine ;p I will be on Navigator of the Seas 14th June.

Delighted to see a fellow Manxie on here!

If a person is an "A......" or a jerk, they will be so no matter what their status in life is. They

were born to the job. ;p:eek:

Think Super Mario...no one has more status in C&A than he does....and he is the most welcoming, nice person you will meet...plus the crew loves him.

Bees to honey. :*

If a person is an "A......" or a jerk, they will be so no matter what their status in life is. They

were born to the job. ;p:eek:

Think Super Mario...no one has more status in C&A than he does....and he is the most welcoming, nice person you will meet...plus the crew loves him.

Bees to honey. :*

You are 100% right but there a few people who are not fans of Mario. It must be a matter of envy or jealousy because he really is a nice guy.

You are 100% right but there a few people who are not fans of Mario. It must be a matter of envy or jealousy because he really is a nice guy.

Yup...as case in point. You will find those "A" types in all walks of life. Jerks and the like

also have a problem indeed with envy and jealousy. :confused:

Yup...as case in point. You will find those "A" types in all walks of life. Jerks and the like

also have a problem indeed with envy and jealousy. :confused:

Treat everyone the way you would like to be treated yourself.

43 cruises and counting.

so? How many cruises do you have to go on to get to those levels? Or is it based on how much you spend? like people who book the crazy expensive suites? Ones that are bigger than our first house crazy expensive and big

Royal's loyalty program is based on how many nights you cruise, if you cruise in a suite, and whether you cruise solo.

You get one point per night, an extra point per night if you are in a suite, and an extra point per night if you cruise solo in a stateroom that holds two or more. So the most you can get is 3 points per night.

Diamond level is 80 points, so you can attain that on twelve 7-day cruises if you are sail in a non-suite with a roommate. Or four 7-day cruises if you sail in a suite solo.

Just googled to see what that meant.No need to bring the tone of this thread any lower than it is.

43 cruises and counting.

On that note, I thought about this thread. I had to take my corporate bi-annual Harassment class. Actually I know how to harass, i took the harassment recognition/avoidance class this time! ;) The Fortune 50 company I worked for paid big dollars for a bunch of photos of models in different situations. I noticed all the harassers in each scenario was a white male. They are the only group you are allowed to portray in a negative light.

This post has turned into a post about status. The OP is talking about one diamond member only. If you are a butt hole you wil be one no matter of your status. The people who have status have given RCCL a lot of money so if they want to wear their pins and name tags what is the problem? I think its a conversation piece. If you want to know something about cruising I go to these people for valuable information that has been helpful just like this board. Would you prefer people talking about their job are cruising? I'm on vacation and don't want to talk about my job so talk about cruising with these People who have cruising status and stop being a hater.

This post has turned into a post about status. The OP is talking about one diamond member only. If you are a butt hole you wil be one no matter of your status. The people who have status have given RCCL a lot of money so if they want to wear their pins and name tags what is the problem? I think its a conversation piece. If you want to know something about cruising I go to these people for valuable information that has been helpful just like this board. Would you prefer people talking about their job are cruising? I'm on vacation and don't want to talk about my job so talk about cruising with these People who have cruising status and stop being a hater.

I will always listen to advise and love talking about cruising.

The person who was not nice to GS probably had plenty of witnesses and should have had a warning at least about their conduct by security.

43 cruises and counting.

No excuse for being rude. No matter what your cruise level status is it does not give you the right to behave badly to a crew/staff member who cannot respond for fear of losing their job.

Too bad none of those who witnessed this bad behavior did not report it.

MARAPRINCE