Absolutely appalling behavior from a Diamond member

As mom used to say, "you get more with honey than with vinegar"! Be gone with you woman before somebody drops a house on you too!!!

Maybe they should have been banned from the Diamond lounge for dissent for the rest of the cruise.

43 cruises and counting.

• 3 months later...

That "lady" was certainly no lady. She was a rude jerk acting like an idiot. Shame on her.

And talking about status reminds me of our last cruise. It was the Carnival Dream and it was debarkation morning, we had chosen to do self-assist so we were waiting in the main theater to be called. After we were called we started proceeding, along with everyone else doing self-assist, to the door to leave the ship. From a side hallway this couple comes running up with their luggage and wanting to cut into the line. People weren't letting them and the woman huffed and puffed and said "But, we're platinum!" as if somehow that was supposed to make a difference to the rest of us. I think platinum members had been called to debark before the self-assist, wasn't our fault they didn't get there in time. They were told to go to the back of the line. :)

I agree a jerk is a jerk and everyone should be treated with respect. A lot of this could be avoided - I have been on other cruise lines, Royal has and always will be my favorite but some of the ships on the other lines have a special line for those that have reached a certain level.

I completely agree that the customer was rude and I am glad other guests told the complainer to stop. However, I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the guest service workers should have called for additional help so that the line would move along!

Before I retired, I worked for a major utility company in NY as a manager in a business office. I mostly dealt with irate, obnoxious customers. If someone yelled or swore etc at one of my employees, I would end up speaking with the person.

If the customer swore at me or used offensive language, I'd give him/her a warning and say that one more comment like that, I would hang up. If the customer screamed at me, I just spoke more and more quietly. Eventually, most got the message. There is no reason to yell at any employee anywhere.

I also wanted to comment on the "entitled." I was on Allure of the Seas last month. I tried to make reservations for a show and wasn't able to so I decided to see if the Diamond Concierge could do so for me (us.) I hadn't gone into the lounge previously as I had family with me that were on their first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I walked in and stood off to the side as there was a couple talking to the Concierge. I could hear them talking and it was all personal things, number of cruises, ships they liked etc. I was standing off to the side and there were no other people in the lounge.

After about ten minutes of trying to get away from the couple, the Concierge asked me if I needed help. I said yes and she said to them that it was nice chatting, see them later, but she had to help me. I asked my question and she wasn't able to get me the reservations, but I wasn't sure that she could as the show was filled on my TV.

She asked me why I hadn't been in the lounge as I was able to do so. I told her that I had my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter who had never sailed on Royal so they didn't qualify to be in there. She told me to bring them in one night and that it would be fine with her. I was impressed with her kindness and I didn't feel entitled at all.

Additionally, Grapau27, (sp) I am sailing again on Allure in January, so if you are sailing then, I would love some of your chocolate. European chocolate is far better than what we have in the US.

Thanks for reading.

I can neither confirm nor deny where I read those stories ;) I distinctly recall people claiming that the room attendants had gone crazy for bags of candy/cookies/ etc. There are also the people who print cards with their family picture as a memento for the staff members. The clothing thing is also on the theme park boards. The people claim that the housekeepers love when you leave your old clothing behind. Cash people, they want CASH, not trinkets, old clothes, bags of old Halloween candy, or a pretty framed photo of your family. The people who leave those items rather than CASH are idiots

It might just depend though on what the gift is. I wont go into the whole long drawn out story but Im aware of a cabin steward receiving a $3000 wedding dress for her wedding from a passenger as evidenced by her very lovely wedding pictures. Trust me when I say the steward was very grateful for that gift (and she got her tip too :) )

Before I retired, I worked for a major utility company in NY as a manager in a business office. I mostly dealt with irate, obnoxious customers. If someone yelled or swore etc at one of my employees, I would end up speaking with the person.

If the customer swore at me or used offensive language, I'd give him/her a warning and say that one more comment like that, I would hang up. If the customer screamed at me, I just spoke more and more quietly. Eventually, most got the message. There is no reason to yell at any employee anywhere.

I also wanted to comment on the "entitled." I was on Allure of the Seas last month. I tried to make reservations for a show and wasn't able to so I decided to see if the Diamond Concierge could do so for me (us.) I hadn't gone into the lounge previously as I had family with me that were on their first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I walked in and stood off to the side as there was a couple talking to the Concierge. I could hear them talking and it was all personal things, number of cruises, ships they liked etc. I was standing off to the side and there were no other people in the lounge.

After about ten minutes of trying to get away from the couple, the Concierge asked me if I needed help. I said yes and she said to them that it was nice chatting, see them later, but she had to help me. I asked my question and she wasn't able to get me the reservations, but I wasn't sure that she could as the show was filled on my TV.

She asked me why I hadn't been in the lounge as I was able to do so. I told her that I had my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter who had never sailed on Royal so they didn't qualify to be in there. She told me to bring them in one night and that it would be fine with her. I was impressed with her kindness and I didn't feel entitled at all.

Additionally, Grapau27, (sp) I am sailing again on Allure in January, so if you are sailing then, I would love some of your chocolate. European chocolate is far better than what we have in the US.

Thanks for reading.

You sound like you were a good manager. It's nice when someone stands up for their employees.

It might just depend though on what the gift is. I wont go into the whole long drawn out story but Im aware of a cabin steward receiving a $3000 wedding dress for her wedding from a passenger as evidenced by her very lovely wedding pictures. Trust me when I say the steward was very grateful for that gift (and she got her tip too :) )

That is a little different than an old t-shirt or bag of candy. Cash is usually much more appreciated, but in the case you mentioned above, that's not exactly the norm.

Back when we were emerald, we were on Enchantment and there was some issue with our arrival in Key West and customs and how they were going to debark passengers for the port call. A guy behind us sitting out on the pool deck before we arrived was going off about how he was D and should be getting off first, etc. We're D+ and while we take advantage of priority tendering when the concierge offers it, etc we don't go around talking about it or demanding special attention.

Thanks for reading.

Go to Aldi, they have good German chocolate at incredible prices

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reading.

We are going to Tenerife for a hotel break in January and on the Independence end of May from Southampton England otherwise i would have brought some chocolate and sugar sweet samples for you.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Go to Aldi, they have good German chocolate at incredible prices

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They do.The secret is the length of time they conch(stir) the chocolate.American chocolate is usually mixed about 12 hours whereas the best Belgium or Danish chocolate is conched for over 24 hours.

They do.The secret is the length of time they conch(stir) the chocolate.American chocolate is usually mixed about 12 hours whereas the best Belgium or Danish chocolate is conched for over 24 hours.

The American chocolate is mixed 2-3 hours,Cadburys 12 hours and one of my former companies Anthon Berg from Copenhagen mixed theirs for 24 hours.

American milk goes through controlled Lipolysis which breaks down the fatty acids and produces Butyric acid giving a cheesy sickly smell.

John & LaLa,

Thanks for the info about Aldi. I did see the chocolate there, but didn't know if it was good. Not, that I need chocolate, but I eat it rarely and didn't want to get some that wasn't to my liking,

Grapau27,

Enjoy your time in Tenerife. Also thanks for explaining the chocolate.

I can't stand passengers that flaunt their status. What do they want, applause, pat on the back, what they want is every single person on the ship to recognize how important they think they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, easy...I'm CUBIC Zirconia!!! And I know how to boss people around. 😁😁😁. Standing up is the best that can be done. I was on the Explorer and a Diamond puss went off in the Dining room. I stayed to enlighten the Supervisors that staff wasn't at fault. It takes all kinds. So many people today have zero manners. Happy sailing!

John & LaLa,

Thanks for the info about Aldi. I did see the chocolate there, but didn't know if it was good. Not, that I need chocolate, but I eat it rarely and didn't want to get some that wasn't to my liking,

Grapau27,

Enjoy your time in Tenerife. Also thanks for explaining the chocolate.

Your welcome and we hope you have a fantastic cruise on Allure.

Graham & Pauline.